There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners Defense is going to take us to the Playoffs , but Smith gives us best chance for SB

I agree i am not complaining on the benching of Smith although you know my stance on that. I have to say that as a niners fan and having watched Smith's play very closey for his tenure in SF i have to disagree with the "All Smith did was manage games and try not to screw them up" comment. A game manager that was leading his team all season long is just nonsense. He is so much more than a game manager and lets be honest you know he can make great passes, has made great passes, and had made great plays under intense pressure and big stage games when the win was on the line. I know that he gets the game manager rep but let me tell you as a lot of SF fans will agree that that is in no way his role one our team during his play. I feel Alex played with more poise as he continued to step up and become a leader and that KC may be better in the future bc of his versatility but in a moment like this in the season i feel that the decision to "See what KC can do is quite risky and balsy but anyways good talks and good game last week.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Sick, divisive crap.

Smith has had 4 good games and 4 putrid ones.

Kaep has had 2 good games and 1 meh one.

How Smith has been catapulted to HOF status is

I agree. Head scratching stuff indeed.
Nothing against you RamFan39, but if you are a Ram fan, you should be rooting against 49er success. With all due respect, I am suspicious that your REAL feelings are that Kap will result in more losses for the 49ers, and that is the real reason you are promoting him.
Originally posted by regulator530:
I agree i am not complaining on the benching of Smith although you know my stance on that. I have to say that as a niners fan and having watched Smith's play very closey for his tenure in SF i have to disagree with the "All Smith did was manage games and try not to screw them up" comment. A game manager that was leading his team all season long is just nonsense. He is so much more than a game manager and lets be honest you know he can make great passes, has made great passes, and had made great plays under intense pressure and big stage games when the win was on the line. I know that he gets the game manager rep but let me tell you as a lot of SF fans will agree that that is in no way his role one our team during his play. I feel Alex played with more poise as he continued to step up and become a leader and that KC may be better in the future bc of his versatility but in a moment like this in the season i feel that the decision to "See what KC can do is quite risky and balsy but anyways good talks and good game last week.

Sorry dude. I find some fans of Smith try to make him out to be more than he is. He was a game manager last year (nothing wrong with that) and had the occasional game where he had to make plays to win.

You can't be anymore than a game manager if you average 170 yards and a TD per game along with a bad 3rd down conversion rate, bad red zone rate and rarely push the ball downfield. He is the definition of a game manager. And there is nothing wrong with that. I don't mind a game manager as long as we win. But the Giants game and other games against good teams on both sides of the ball show Alex Smith's limitations. He is what he is but some people try so hard to make him out to be more citing a game that he needed 5 turnovers to win.

It's time to move on.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Nothing against you RamFan39, but if you are a Ram fan, you should be rooting against 49er success. With all due respect, I am suspicious that your REAL feelings are that Kap will result in more losses for the 49ers, and that is the real reason you are promoting him.

Nope. Not even close. I know it's odd that I'm a diehard Rams fan rooting for a division rival, but ever since seeing Kap light up the Bears on MNF, I just fell in love with him. Was the hardest thing for me since he's a 49er. But with that couldn't help not rooting for him and the 9ers against the Saints and believe it or not, a part of me wanted you guys to beat us. The 49ers are only my #2 team because of Kap. If it wasn't for him and Smith was starting, I would prob go back to hating you guys.

Reality is Kap gives you the best chance to win. If I wanted you guys to lose, I would be saying that you should go back and start Smith.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by regulator530:
I agree i am not complaining on the benching of Smith although you know my stance on that. I have to say that as a niners fan and having watched Smith's play very closey for his tenure in SF i have to disagree with the "All Smith did was manage games and try not to screw them up" comment. A game manager that was leading his team all season long is just nonsense. He is so much more than a game manager and lets be honest you know he can make great passes, has made great passes, and had made great plays under intense pressure and big stage games when the win was on the line. I know that he gets the game manager rep but let me tell you as a lot of SF fans will agree that that is in no way his role one our team during his play. I feel Alex played with more poise as he continued to step up and become a leader and that KC may be better in the future bc of his versatility but in a moment like this in the season i feel that the decision to "See what KC can do is quite risky and balsy but anyways good talks and good game last week.

Sorry dude. I find some fans of Smith try to make him out to be more than he is. He was a game manager last year (nothing wrong with that) and had the occasional game where he had to make plays to win.

You can't be anymore than a game manager if you average 170 yards and a TD per game along with a bad 3rd down conversion rate, bad red zone rate and rarely push the ball downfield. He is the definition of a game manager. And there is nothing wrong with that. I don't mind a game manager as long as we win. But the Giants game and other games against good teams on both sides of the ball show Alex Smith's limitations. He is what he is but some people try so hard to make him out to be more citing a game that he needed 5 turnovers to win.

It's time to move on.

This x100
Originally posted by RamsFan39:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Nothing against you RamFan39, but if you are a Ram fan, you should be rooting against 49er success. With all due respect, I am suspicious that your REAL feelings are that Kap will result in more losses for the 49ers, and that is the real reason you are promoting him.

Nope. Not even close. I know it's odd that I'm a diehard Rams fan rooting for a division rival, but ever since seeing Kap light up the Bears on MNF, I just fell in love with him. Was the hardest thing for me since he's a 49er. But with that couldn't help not rooting for him and the 9ers against the Saints and believe it or not, a part of me wanted you guys to beat us. The 49ers are only my #2 team because of Kap. If it wasn't for him and Smith was starting, I would prob go back to hating you guys.

Reality is Kap gives you the best chance to win. If I wanted you guys to lose, I would be saying that you should go back and start Smith.


It's like that State Farm commercial where the guy says, "I have blah blah insurance, so person come help..." His grandma shows up, and he tells her, "You're not helping."

So you like Kaep, and you're trying to help, but if you really want to help in this discussion, you seriously have to log on with a different name. Our quarterback debate is a debate that has gone on for many years, with many twists and turns, it has taken on a life of it's own, and having a self proclaimed fan of another team supporting one side or the other just sours the debate a little for everyone.

I like Russell Wilson a lot, and if he went to any other team besides "that team he is playing for" I might have rooted for him some. Too bad he's not in the AFC.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It's like that State Farm commercial where the guy says, "I have blah blah insurance, so person come help..." His grandma shows up, and he tells her, "You're not helping."

So you like Kaep, and you're trying to help, but if you really want to help in this discussion, you seriously have to log on with a different name. Our quarterback debate is a debate that has gone on for many years, with many twists and turns, it has taken on a life of it's own, and having a self proclaimed fan of another team supporting one side or the other just sours the debate a little for everyone.

I like Russell Wilson a lot, and if he went to any other team besides "that team he is playing for" I might have rooted for him some. Too bad he's not in the AFC.

Duly noted. I"ll make a new username tommorow. Something on the line of "KapFan" or whatever lol.

I feel you on Wilson tho. Believe me it was the hardest thing rooting for you guys, but that's how much I like Kap. If you guys go back to Smith, I don't think I can root for you anymore. As long as you stick with Kap, you guys will be my #2 team. Hell, will be wanting you to go to the SB and win it if you can believe that! LMAO.

Just pray Kap gets back on track and resembles the QB we all saw against the Bears and Saints. If he does, then the SB def will be a possibility.
Originally posted by RamsFan39:
Duly noted. I"ll make a new username tommorow. Something on the line of "KapFan" or whatever lol.

I feel you on Wilson tho. Believe me it was the hardest thing rooting for you guys, but that's how much I like Kap. If you guys go back to Smith, I don't think I can root for you anymore. As long as you stick with Kap, you guys will be my #2 team. Hell, will be wanting you to go to the SB and win it if you can believe that! LMAO.

Just pray Kap gets back on track and resembles the QB we all saw against the Bears and Saints. If he does, then the SB def will be a possibility.


In my estimation, he did everything he could do against the Rams:
The safety was on the refs.
Then he ran out of bounds at the end, but here is the thing. We had just gotten a penalty that backed us up a lot. Akers has been struggling all year long. We get nothing on a run up the middle the play before. IMO, Kaep was trying to get some yards, to make the field goal easier. I wouldn't be surprised if someone told him in his helmet, "OK, let's try and pick up yards here, so we can make this important kick." We needed that kick. At the time, it looked like we are talking about a game winning kick. So yes, we needed to get the yards to make the kick FIRST, before worrying about time.
The last play is on Kaep. It was mostly the coaches fault for putting him in that position to try and make a play, but Kaep couldn't execute it, so that error is on him and it was a big one.

He had to escape the pass rush all day, yet still put up more total yards (running and passing) in this game then in the previous two games. He probably had just as many if not more 3rd down conversions too.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,818
Originally posted by BrianGO:
In my estimation, he did everything he could do against the Rams:
The safety was on the refs.
Then he ran out of bounds at the end, but here is the thing. We had just gotten a penalty that backed us up a lot. Akers has been struggling all year long. We get nothing on a run up the middle the play before. IMO, Kaep was trying to get some yards, to make the field goal easier. I wouldn't be surprised if someone told him in his helmet, "OK, let's try and pick up yards here, so we can make this important kick." We needed that kick. At the time, it looked like we are talking about a game winning kick. So yes, we needed to get the yards to make the kick FIRST, before worrying about time.
The last play is on Kaep. It was mostly the coaches fault for putting him in that position to try and make a play, but Kaep couldn't execute it, so that error is on him and it was a big one.

He had to escape the pass rush all day, yet still put up more total yards (running and passing) in this game then in the previous two games. He probably had just as many if not more 3rd down conversions too.

I agree with pretty much all of that. Ppl need to remember that even tho Kap didn't have a great game, he still put us in position to win. If Walker had caught that easy TD pass the game prob would of been over. Despite that, the drive ended in 3 points and the lead. Part of the blame goes on the D for allowing the Rams to drive all the way down the field and tie up the game. Even after that Kap still put you guys in position to win in OT but Akers blew it.

So yes, Kap did have 1 bad game out of 3. Still doesn't erase the fact that he put you in position to win despite having an off game. Not a lot of QB's can bounce back and do that.
Originally posted by Jcool:

It's obvious why these types of threads somehow linger.
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 186
Originally posted by regulator530:
I agree i am not complaining on the benching of Smith although you know my stance on that. I have to say that as a niners fan and having watched Smith's play very closey for his tenure in SF i have to disagree with the "All Smith did was manage games and try not to screw them up" comment. A game manager that was leading his team all season long is just nonsense. He is so much more than a game manager and lets be honest you know he can make great passes, has made great passes, and had made great plays under intense pressure and big stage games when the win was on the line. I know that he gets the game manager rep but let me tell you as a lot of SF fans will agree that that is in no way his role one our team during his play. I feel Alex played with more poise as he continued to step up and become a leader and that KC may be better in the future bc of his versatility but in a moment like this in the season i feel that the decision to "See what KC can do is quite risky and balsy but anyways good talks and good game last week.

KC = CK???