LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Niners Defense is going to take us to the Playoffs , but Smith gives us best chance for SB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mickey49:
Ohhhh ok. Well I'll put Alex back in then...

nothing better to do than throw in a little stupid comment like that ....great very good idea but really just a dumb post from a clueless fan
As much as I love Kap, all you Alex Smith fans may get your wish if he struggles this week and or losses to the Phins. Have a feeling that 1 more bad start will be the end of Kap this season. Would hate for that to happen but he's on such a short leash as it is. Wouldn't be shocked to see Harbaugh turn back to Smith before the playoffs start if in fact Kap struggles and doesn't play as well as he did against the Bears and Saints going forward.
If Alex was our best chance he wouldn't be riding the bench
regulator530

It's not that no one on webzone wants to talk about Kaep and Smith...its that there are many threads already created regarding this and they always get locked.

Search button. It's not personal or anything. This thread will get locked or merged because its repetitive.
i truly believe this is has boiled down to a one game audition for the pats this week. If kaep dosnt lay a beatdown on the phins it ALEX TIME BABY... And im very curious to see if the crowd will start chanting ALEX ALEX ALEX for the first time in his career if and when Kaep chokes.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
i truly believe this is has boiled down to a one game audition for the pats this week. If kaep dosnt lay a beatdown on the phins it ALEX TIME BABY... And im very curious to see if the crowd will start chanting ALEX ALEX ALEX for the first time in his career if and when Kaep chokes.

Not so sure that would be something to celebrate...lmao.

Im not sure if Harbaugh can go back to Alex without loosing some credibility.
I got put in a timeout for less than this thread. Be that as it may be indeed, kaps remaining the starter. When & what fortune teller finally decided that if Smith starts the 49ers are guaranteed the SB?
Originally posted by 9erfan1:
Im not sure if Harbaugh can go back to Alex without loosing some credibility.

Of course he would lose credibility. Any coach would lose credibility for not playing the best players.
Originally posted by RamsFan39:

Not so sure that would be something to celebrate...lmao.

i will be stoked to see smith go back in as will many niner fans

Originally posted by regulator530:
If i recall Smith did get us within one game of the SB last year and had nothing to do with losing the game when it came down to it. Without those two fumbles it would have been a waaay different game and so for you to say that, it is clear that you are anti smith when he did put us into position to win it all and continued that confidence into this year and was having the best year to date. I know he had a horrible start but i feel that CK does offer things that smith cant and vice versa but in the long run Ck is the future and i agree with you on that but for this season i disagree with the decision.

It's funny how the 2 fumbles get brought up in the Giants game, but the 5 turnovers in the Saints game get conveniently glossed over.

Sick, divisive crap.

Smith has had 4 good games and 4 putrid ones.

Kaep has had 2 good games and 1 meh one.

How Smith has been catapulted to HOF status is
[ Edited by InHarbsWeTrust on Dec 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM ]
Originally posted by captain_planet:

i will be stoked to see smith go back in as will many niner fans

I won't. I'm that very rare Rams fan that the 49ers are actually my #2 team; whether you can believe that or not lol.

Just feel Kap has all the intangibles that Smith has and a lot more. Only thing going against him is his inexperience. But having played in 3 games, and if he remains the starter the rest of the season, would be 7 games in total, I feel that is enough for him to get comfortable and a good feel for the game just before the playoffs start.

His arm strength, mobility, pocket presence, and playmaking ability threatens and puts a lot more fear into opposing defenses then it does when Smith is starting. I really don't think dinks and dunks and Smith "playing it safe" getting you to the SB this yr. I really don't.
Ok bro
Share 49ersWebzone