LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Niners Defense is going to take us to the Playoffs , but Smith gives us best chance for SB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Had nothing to do with the lose to the Giants .. you cant be serious.. He had everything to do with the loss.. Didnt capitalize with field avg field position of the 45 yd line. Went 1 for 13 on third down.. Even after the fumble had an opportunity to win the game in OT .. had the ball at the 40 all he had to do was go 25 yds to put David Akers who was money that year in field position.. instead what did he do.. Missed gore on a checkdown.. then we had a draw play.. then he missed a pass that hit crabtree about 4 feet from his feet on 3 and 9. resulting in another punt.

Alex smith didnt take us to the championship game ... He merely helped prevent us from losing before the game.. a good QB would have blown out the saints after getting 5 Turnovers.. And also.. if your QB is effective.. and Championship material.. Your kicker doesnt lead the league in all time FGs for a season.
ALso its a Sad Day when a Rams fan can see it.. but a 49ers fan who has sat through it for 7 yrs doesnt.
Baltimore

New York

New York

Alex can't beat the top defenses.

Quite frankly, we don't know if Kaepernick can either yet, but I'd rather take my chances with him than let Alex go 1-13 to wideouts again.
Originally posted by Fricker:
ALso its a Sad Day when a Rams fan can see it.. but a 49ers fan who has sat through it for 7 yrs doesnt.

Truly is
Kaepernick gives us the advantage passing the ball deeper, and more explosive offense. Alex can run, but nothing close to Kaepernick can. Kap also takes chances, unlike Smith who checks down, which isn't bad, but when it's 3rd and 7 and you check to Gore for 3 yards, it makes no sense.

I wanted to see Alex mature, and develop, and I had a feeling it would never happen. He isn't meant to be a starter here. I can give everyone $8.75 Million reasons why the 49ers cut Alex before his march roster bonus is due.

Like some have said, 190 yards, 1 TD, horrible inside redzone and 3rd down doesnt get the job done. He should of been pulled earlier, I feel for him losing cause of an injury.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Kaepernick gives us the advantage passing the ball deeper, and more explosive offense. Alex can run, but nothing close to Kaepernick can. Kap also takes chances, unlike Smith who checks down, which isn't bad, but when it's 3rd and 7 and you check to Gore for 3 yards, it makes no sense.

I wanted to see Alex mature, and develop, and I had a feeling it would never happen. He isn't meant to be a starter here. I can give everyone $8.75 Million reasons why the 49ers cut Alex before his march roster bonus is due.

Like some have said, 190 yards, 1 TD, horrible inside redzone and 3rd down doesnt get the job done. He should of been pulled earlier, I feel for him losing cause of an injury.

I think they cut him then try to resign him
Share 49ersWebzone