There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

L. James vs, Gore

Where did Gore say this stuff?
Originally posted by xela510:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/04/49ers-rookie-james-patience-near-payoff/

On Tuesday, running back Frank Gore provided other potential reasons why James' debut has been delayed. Most notably, he said, the rookie has had to develop patience as a runner. In a spread offense at Oregon, James was accustomed to whizzing through wide open spaces. In the NFL, those cavernous holes are cracks that require savvy to slip through.

"I just told him it's not how fast you are, it's about patience and how fast you can get through it," Gore said. "He tries to get the ball and just use his speed. I told him you have to let things develop and see it. And when you see it, that's when you're fast between the holes."
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/04/49ers-rookie-james-patience-near-payoff/

On Tuesday, running back Frank Gore provided other potential reasons why James' debut has been delayed. Most notably, he said, the rookie has had to develop patience as a runner. In a spread offense at Oregon, James was accustomed to whizzing through wide open spaces. In the NFL, those cavernous holes are cracks that require savvy to slip through.

"I just told him it's not how fast you are, it's about patience and how fast you can get through it," Gore said. "He tries to get the ball and just use his speed. I told him you have to let things develop and see it. And when you see it, that's when you're fast between the holes."

WTH? That is not talking trash about him. That's a vet schooling him on how to play in the NFL. Those are some very wise words from Frank, any HB should take that kind of advise and thank him for it.
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM ]
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

WTH? That is not talking trash about him. That's a vet schooling him on how to play in the NFL. Those are some very wise words from Frank, any HB should take that kind of advise and thank him for it.

yeah. either the OP is reading to deep into something probably not even football related or LMJ is ridiculously emo.....
yeah. either the OP is reading to deep into something probably not even football related or LMJ is ridiculously emo.....

METL

More Emo Than LaMichael

spread the word!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

METL

More Emo Than LaMichael

spread the word!

I just think LMJ and Kaep would run the read option perfectly... but Gore is the man
Ask Heyward-bay if speed has worked for him.. better yet, ask Ginn lol
Originally posted by forty9ers:
I just think LMJ and Kaep would run the read option perfectly... but Gore is the man

There's too much speed in the NFL for that. You may have a good Sunday or two, as the Redskins have demonstrated, but once the film piles up on you, you have to adapt away from it.
Is this a free thread? Cuase the topic seem a little silly...they are team mates and pros, period, Frank will help the kid along and the kid will thank him for it.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by forty9ers:

There's too much speed in the NFL for that. You may have a good Sunday or two, as the Redskins have demonstrated, but once the film piles up on you, you have to adapt away from it.
very true,
Cam Newton is a perfect example of that
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Is this a free thread? Cuase the topic seem a little silly...they are team mates and pros, period, Frank will help the kid along and the kid will thank him for it.

Smirking Joe Staley Smirks at this thread
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
For those of you who are young enough to enjoy the twitter age, I'm way past caring where everyone eats, do you think James' twittering is a sign of being an outsider on the team? Is he lonely? No one to talk to? Or is this a cheap way to be on center stage?

Nah. Everyone tweets now. Brock, Brooks, AL. Smith, RJF, Mham all tweet. Hell even Moss tweets lol
Originally posted by Squidp:
Nah. Everyone tweets now. Brock, Brooks, AL. Smith, RJF, Mham all tweet. Hell even Moss tweets lol

When I wake up in the morning I don't feel old...but reading this?
Originally posted by Squidp:

Has any of them ever Tweeted anything that was interesting?