LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Penalty Count: 11 for 97 yards

Shop Find 49ers gear online
97 yards we handed them not to mention our drive killers or giving them a new set of downs. Every single week it seems to be getting worse and the personal fouls are just piling up. Goldson and Delanie almost had me kicking my cat.

Penalties and discipline go hand in hand, and they both are coaching issues. If we dont start playing smarter football we will end up with a shortened season.

Some things happen in a game that are out of teams control, but giving up 97 yards and field position to penalties seems completely inexcusable
Been happening all year too.
Well with all these miscues and we still have the 2 seed and the division leader says a lot to how good our team is.
Hopefully we can straighten some of this out.
On one hand some of the penalties were BS. on the other they were also poor decisions. I wasn't happy about some of the holding calls. The Safety was unfortunate and I wish Harbaugh would have challenged but that was just the result of a bad decision. The Goldson penalty should not have been called. He was committed and he went to the ground, IMO, in order to avoid a helmet hit. Of course he should have just challenged and then just flown over top.
we might not keep that lead in the div long if we keep playin like this. alex needs to play, hes 19-5-1 he has the experience to get us to the playoffs. kaepernick has enough experience now to where they could play him against teams they know he can beat.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well with all these miscues and we still have the 2 seed and the division leader says a lot to how good our team is.

But our coaches' winning formula is conservative which means everything needs to go perfectly or it falls apart as we have seen. Giving up almost a hundo is like a INT with a possible score.

And there goes the plan
Penalties have been a thorn in our side all season, and WAY too many of them have been bad decisions (as opposed to holding to prevent a sack or other more normal ones). But that said, The blown intentional grounding safety and blown Goldson helmet to helmet adds up to 32 yards.

Nine penalties is still ridiculous, but a third of the yardage was on blown calls. Those refs had a worse game than our offensive line did. And that's saying a lot.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Been happening all year too.

Yes they have. Been killing drives all dang year. Are our players hangin out in Oakland or something?

This needs to get cleaned up quick.
The penalties were killer. At key times too. Like right after huge plays that get brought back. Holding, false starts, illegal shifts, illegal motion. The usual.

we gave them 97 yards and 8 points (mostly from our offense)
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
we gave them 97 yards and 8 points (mostly from our offense)

We gave them 10. Kaep dropped back like 25 yards for a safety.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
97 yards we handed them not to mention our drive killers or giving them a new set of downs. Every single week it seems to be getting worse and the personal fouls are just piling up. Goldson and Delanie almost had me kicking my cat.

Penalties and discipline go hand in hand, and they both are coaching issues. If we dont start playing smarter football we will end up with a shortened season.

Some things happen in a game that are out of teams control, but giving up 97 yards and field position to penalties seems completely inexcusable
Golson plays all out and I appreciate his passion BUT it seems he commits one Bonehead Penalty a game.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Golson plays all out and I appreciate his passion BUT it seems he commits one Bonehead Penalty a game.

this
Share 49ersWebzone