LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

The Akers Effect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
what about bringing in Giorgio Tuvecchio? He did well for us in the pre-season and he had a strong leg.
I don't care who they bring in, ANYONE will be better than Akers. Been calling for him to be cut since the second St. Louis game. I don't think I've ever seen a kicker perform this badly week in and week out.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I don't care who they bring in, ANYONE will be better than Akers. Been calling for him to be cut since the second St. Louis game. I don't think I've ever seen a kicker perform this badly week in and week out.
I agree, he isn't even automatic from 40 yards and in. I can remember me and the guys on my High School and College teams screwing around before practice trying to kick field goals. Your average Joe can kick the ball far enough to make 35-40 yarders, unless it is blocked or a bad snap an NFL kicker should hit 95% from that range, Akers has been hitting 50%. If I was Harbaugh I think I would try the other 52 guys on the team out for field goal kicking skills.
Sorry Akers, I think you're gone by the end of this week, released or put on IR. Watching your demeanor after those missed FGs and costing us two OT victories vs. Rams, etc...I'm ready to move on without you, don't care if it's some undrafted rookie Kicker off the street, too.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Jeff Reed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/former-steelers-k-jeff-reed-wants-another-chance/
Bring in Longwell, or anyone really, as long as its not Pochman lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Sorry Akers, I think you're gone by the end of this week, released or put on IR. Watching your demeanor after those missed FGs and costing us two OT victories vs. Rams, etc...I'm ready to move on without you, don't care if it's some undrafted rookie Kicker off the street, too.

he should have been gone by the time the ten pm news concluded last night,, i swear if he is not gone by thursday that means they are sticking with him. if they do, jh deserves a big fat F for his "handling" of this. If it costs us in post season, then he gets all of the s**t that is sure , or should, be coming his way
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Jeff Reed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/former-steelers-k-jeff-reed-wants-another-chance/

They should just go for it every time on fourth down when in field goal range.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gato80:
and go for two point conversions all the time. not exactly what you are hoping for a super bowl type of team

Originally posted by cciowa:
and go for two point conversions all the time. not exactly what you are hoping for a super bowl type of team

You read my mind
Originally posted by cciowa:

You read my mind

It's really tough having a problem like this on the team you cheer for. Every time he comes in to kick I assume he's going to miss. It doesn't even get me mad anymore. He has no confidence right now. The only reason he made that long field goal in seattle was because the pressure was off. Everything was already going wrong and nobody expected him to make it so if he missed it was no big deal. Just like the 63 yarder he made.
Originally posted by Nuns:
He's a hot mess right now. I'd rather have David Beckham

You make a good point. Can David Beckham kick a field goal? He'd be a sensation! And, in a pinch he could run a guy down and tackle him! Somebody call Balke!
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

The guy gets paid to do one thing...kick field goals!! If he can not be counted on to do that one thing,get someone else!! Sheeesh!!
Trade Alex Smith to the Raiders for Sebastian Janikowski!
Share 49ersWebzone