LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Harbaugh Coaches Approval Rating Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Anyone that doesn't give Harbaugh an A+ is crazy and obviosuly the recent success has lead them to forget the years before Harbaugh came.

what we did before Jh means nothing when you grade him for this year. he has been outcoached in more games this year than last year, he made a terrible number one draft pick and did nothing to address the lack of depth on the defensive line, and offensive lines,, he bungled the kicking thing so he goes from an A last year to a B this year. what we were before he came to us means nothing to me as I compare him from last year to this year

How has he been outcoached in more games then last year? But for two Akers' misses, we are 13-3 again.

He doesn't make the final call on drafts, Baalke does. Yeah, they collaberate, but ultimatly its on Baalke, not Harbaugh.

Again, the roster issues aren't on Harbaugh. Plus, our Dline and OLBs are all injured (Haralson, Tukuafu, Dobbs, Fleming etc...). Thats not anyones fault really, just NFL bad luck.

His kicker f**ked up in the middle of the season due to injury and there weren't any real replacements. His options were limited.

The positives JH has done SEVERELY outweigh the negatives. Two straight years in the NFCC after a decade of no playoffs, made Alex Smith a good QB, turned Kaep into a superstar and had the balls to make the switch.

Harbaugh > NFL
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM ]
Harbaugh is the next Bill Walsh. 49ers beat ATL easily.

54 -17
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Anyone that doesn't give Harbaugh an A+ is crazy and obviosuly the recent success has lead them to forget the years before Harbaugh came.

what we did before Jh means nothing when you grade him for this year. he has been outcoached in more games this year than last year, he made a terrible number one draft pick and did nothing to address the lack of depth on the defensive line, and offensive lines,, he bungled the kicking thing so he goes from an A last year to a B this year. what we were before he came to us means nothing to me as I compare him from last year to this year

How has he been outcoached in more games then last year? But for two Akers' misses, we are 13-3 again.

He doesn't make the final call on drafts, Baalke does. Yeah, they collaberate, but ultimatly its on Baalke, not Harbaugh.

Again, the roster issues aren't on Harbaugh. Plus, our Dline and OLBs are all injured (Haralson, Tukuafu, Dobbs, Fleming etc...). Thats not anyones fault really, just NFL bad luck.

His kicker f**ked up in the middle of the season due to injury and there weren't any real replacements. His options were limited.

The positives JH has done SEVERELY outweigh the negatives. Two straight years in the NFCC after a decade of no playoffs, made Alex Smith a good QB, turned Kaep into a superstar and had the balls to make the switch.

Harbaugh > NFL
wow you give god Jh anything less than an A and the wolves attack. yes he has been out coached more this year than last year and did not have his team ready to play in several games, vikings, miami, giants, the two rams losses arizona. questionable play calls in many games like the rams lossess, nice job in trying to protect him from the terrible draft but the draft goes through him and you know it. he messed around with the kicking thing when he shoud have taken action and signed kaeding right away. sure the positives outweigh the negatives. you people asked for a grade, i gave it to you, you ripped me for it so i had to justify what i felt is a very fair grade of B or B+. if he wins a super bowl he gets an A. I am well aware of what we were before he came but i compare coaches from year to year and in my opinion he dropped off a bit .It is not as tragic as some of you are trying to make my observations out to be. when did this web zone evolve into asking someone thier opinion and if they give a slightly altered one from a majority, that person gets railed on. talk about high horses
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by queers4niners:
Harbaugh is the next Bill Walsh. 49ers beat ATL easily.

54 -17
the kid is right from the standpoint we either lose big or win big, there is no in between with this team
Originally posted by susweel:
best coach alive

Walsh best coach deceased
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
best coach alive

After that game Sunday I have to agree.
Originally posted by Chief:
best coach alive

Let's not crown him till he has a couple of rings as a coach. Belicheat is still greater until that has happened. Don't have to like him, but he created a dynasty in the modern game.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
best coach alive

Let's not crown him till he has a couple of rings as a coach. Belicheat is still greater until that has happened. Don't have to like him, but he created a dynasty in the modern game.

Belicheat lucked into Brady and was smart enough to invest in his lines. End of story.
They have not been perfect, I have never seen a perfect coaching performance. These are humans after all. I am sure even the Undefeated Dolphins made errors that almost lost the game. Football is not Chess. There is luck and emotion involved. But anyone criticizing our coaching staff and our players as we go into our second NFC Champ game is probably detached from reality.
Harbaugh:

1st year in the NFL as HC -- NFCCG.

2nd year in the NFL -- SB

As a coach, this dude is tearing it up through college and in pros.

His final exam isn't till next week...But I'd say he's pullin a 4.0
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Harbaugh > NFL

Jumping in late here but when Harbaugh took over his first year he went 13-3, but that was against a 3rd place schedule since singletary's Niners went 6-10 the previous year. So in Harbuagh's 2nd season, it shouldn't be a knock that he lost more games. He is now playing a first place schedule and will always play a first place schedule as long as we keep winning the division. Things looked weird this season but he won the division, got the 2nd seed in the playoffs, returned to the NFCC and won and made the hard call to switch to Kaep when almost everyone doubted him. EASY A. (As a reference the Atlanta falcons for the past 3 years have gone 13-3, 10-6 and 13-3 but all those regular season wins aren't paying off and their roster isn't getting better).

As far as roster and depth... We don't have many holes on the team so pretty much we were drafting for depth in almost every position. The glaring need after last years NFCC game was the wr position and the entire zone hated Crabtree. The draft is more GM than coach but they felt like speed is what they were lacking on the team. Jenkins and James were the first 2 picks and James is looking like a great pick. Jenkins has done nothing but neither did Kaep by the end of his first year. Give him time to develop. Crabtree showed everyone that he's the real deal but not every player develops over night.

You can't predict injuries either. If we had drafted depth at the Dline and instead Goldson or Whitner got hurt we would be thin there as well. There's only 53 men on the rosters but I would say that we have the most talented roster from top to bottom in the league.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ok, coach has changed this team, made us better. However, with the recent benching of a playoff winning, league stat leading QB, the continued play of a kicker that obviously is done, questionable use of the draft class and other subjects.

What is your current approval rating of Harbaugh? I personally think the benching of Smith could ruin our season, and I am far from the biggest Smith supporter. Plus, Akers should of been replaced three weeks ago. I give Harbaugh a D minus right now.

A
B
C
D
F

Ok, coach has changed this team, made us better. However, with the recent benching of a playoff winning, league stat leading QB, the continued play of a kicker that obviously is done, questionable use of the draft class and other subjects.

What is your current approval rating of Harbaugh? I personally think the benching of Smith could ruin our season, and I am far from the biggest Smith supporter. Plus, Akers should of been replaced three weeks ago. I give Harbaugh a D minus right now.

A
B
C
D
F

Haha
Originally posted by SportsFan:

A
B
C
D
F

Haha

Share 49ersWebzone