There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh Coaches Approval Rating Thread

I think you have to look at Leslie Fraser of the Minnesota Vikings. They were a joke last year with a 3 and 13 record and they went the Playoffs. Not to mention they beat us in week 3.
He would have to win the superbowl to have his name in the hat other wise at this point... He just did WHAT EVRYONE IN THE LEAGUE expected of him to this point.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I'd say Pete Carroll but he's just too big a nutsack.

This. How abut him trying to fake his way out of that mistake of a calling timeout to ice their kicker. He was like who the hell called timeout....you dumbass.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the head coach gets a b and roman gets a c minus
Anyone that doesn't give Harbaugh an A+ is crazy and obviosuly the recent success has lead them to forget the years before Harbaugh came.
best coach alive
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
For all the Bruce Arians talk does this change your mind?

On the other hand, we've got the Indianapolis Colts, otherwise known as "the worst 11-5 team in NFL history." I don't mean to take anything away from the Colts' big win over Houston yesterday. The Colts get 54.3% DVOA for that game, by far their best single-game DVOA of the season. It was enough to raise them up almost five percentage points, and they went from 28th to 25th. But this is still the worst 11-5 team ever. The Colts have -16.0% DVOA, making them the first team to ever go 11-5 with a DVOA below -10%. The only other teams to go 11-5 with negative DVOA were the 2000 Vikings (-6.3%), the 2004 Falcons (-4.8%), and the 2005 Bears (-0.9%). In fact, even if they had lost to Houston on Sunday, the Colts would be the first team to ever go 10-6 with DVOA below -10%.

Would you prefer simple points scored and allowed to complicated DVOA? OK, well, the Colts were the first 11-5 team ever to be outscored by their opponents, 387-357. The difference between the Colts' regular winning percentage and Pythagorean winning percentage, .238, is the second-highest since the AFL-NFL merger. The only team with a bigger gap was the 1992 Indianapolis Colts, who went 9-7 despite being outscored 302-216. That Colts team had a -27.2% DVOA. They were 1-15 the year before and 4-12 the year after. I have a feeling that the 2013 Colts won't be that bad, because they're going to get improvement from their young quarterback and they'll draft a lot of talent on defense, but their luck will regress even if their Luck does not. The Colts are also unlikely to play the league's easiest schedule again.

The Colts do not have the worst DVOA of any playoff team ever. Three teams were worse: the 2004 Rams (-27.2%), the 2010 Seahawks (-22.9%), and the 1998 Cardinals (-17.1%). All three of those teams won their first playoff game anyway.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/final-2012-dvoa-ratings
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
best coach alive

this
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Anyone that doesn't give Harbaugh an A+ is crazy and obviosuly the recent success has lead them to forget the years before Harbaugh came.

what we did before Jh means nothing when you grade him for this year. he has been outcoached in more games this year than last year, he made a terrible number one draft pick and did nothing to address the lack of depth on the defensive line, and offensive lines,, he bungled the kicking thing so he goes from an A last year to a B this year. what we were before he came to us means nothing to me as I compare him from last year to this year
I usually don't post my personal arguments with friends, but I have a buddy that is a Falcon fan and he is saying that Harbaugh has struggled to win the big games in his career.

I pointed out that he won championships in San Diego (OK, not D1 but he still went as far as they could go),

I also pointed out that the Orange Bowl at Stanford is sort of a championship (although I know it was a bowl game).

My buddy keeps saying that Harbaugh couldn't get passed Oregon (but last I checked Oregon wasn't the end all be all, meaning it wasn't a championship).

He also says that Rex Ryan has done what Harbaugh has done to this point, my reply is that Rex now has one season left to prove himself...

Am I missing something or has Harbaugh not reached the top at every level except the NFL at this point? I believe he has pretty much concord every level of football he coached in except the NFL, even though it's safe to say he is well on his way.
I don't believe Harbaugh has been coaching long enough to justify such a stance as "he can't win the big one."

In two years he has gotten the 49ers to the NFC Championship game twice, last year's loss was not on Jim Harbaugh, and this year feels different (in that I think we will win this game and the Super Bowl, the stars are aligned)--we'll have to see how it plays out.

Football history is replete with players and coaches that didn't win a Championship in high school or college, but did so in the NFL, and sometimes it took them multiple chances before they won a title at the NFL level. It didn't happen for Jim as a player, (was he on that '85 Bears team?), but he brings something special as a coach, I have full faith in him that he will bring the 49ers at least #6 and possibly more than that.
he only been coaching in the NFL for one year before this. and its not like stanford got the best athletes.
[ Edited by susweel on Jan 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

what we did before Jh means nothing when you grade him for this year. he has been outcoached in more games this year than last year, he made a terrible number one draft pick and did nothing to address the lack of depth on the defensive line, and offensive lines,, he bungled the kicking thing so he goes from an A last year to a B this year. what we were before he came to us means nothing to me as I compare him from last year to this year
Two straight trips to the NFCC. A-. Beat Atlanta-A. Win the superbowl. A+ and he can CLEP next season.