LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MIAMI DOLPHINS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Basically, where we are right now (thanks to being (0-1-1) vs. the Lambs), is that we have to win 1 of the next 2 games for sure in order to win the division, and we may need to win out completely to secure the #2 seed.

We still control our own destiny...that's the good news. If we can win out...we'll be the #2 seed.

What gets me about Harbaugh (who I am extremely pissed with right now), is that he gambled with our playoff positioning like this.

He's also eating a fat cock when it comes to in game decisions...he's a game manager who's rivaling Singletary in acumen.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Kaepernick managed the game like Alex Smith, and then made a 'play-maker' Kaepernick play today, and that got us the win.

If anything I've learned over Kaep's first 4 starts is that the play-calling is terrible, and it's almost as if Kaep HAS to make something out of nothing (outside the shell) just to get something done.
if he played like alex and the offense was the same as when alex was in, why make a qb change? you change for a strong armed quarterback then throw the god damn ball

Exactly, although the play-calling has still showed some balls on first downs in the redzone, barring failure, it seems like we go into the fetal position. -Play-calling way different than the first two games. Rams game we went ultra-conservative, and too f**king 'cute' with that pitch and the mistakes following cost us the game.

Roman has an explosive offense, and he's not letting it fly.
he has a strong armed qb in there so there is no reason why he is not letting it fly as you say., does he not trust ck? does he not trust the offensive line? something is up
Originally posted by xela510:
Why am I not satisfied with this win?

Don't understand, it went as exactly as we expected. -Dolphins showed life, and then withered out. -We just didn't expect all those b******t penalties to happen, which kept them in the game, and not over before halftime.
you did not expect penalties? haha. you must not be watching many of our games this year.. , mistakes and penalties are a way of life to this team

LOL, who can't not expect your usual Anthony Davis/Itaipu/Brooks offside/holding call? -What I meant was that some were legitimately b******t, thanks to Mike Carey, aka that a*****e who gives us more penalties than any other official in the NFL.
A green bay loss would be nice
We're not playing out best football in December.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Basically, where we are right now (thanks to being (0-1-1) vs. the Lambs), is that we have to win 1 of the next 2 games for sure in order to win the division, and we may need to win out completely to secure the #2 seed.

We still control our own destiny...that's the good news. If we can win out...we'll be the #2 seed.

What gets me about Harbaugh (who I am extremely pissed with right now), is that he gambled with our playoff positioning like this.

He's also eating a fat cock when it comes to in game decisions...he's a game manager who's rivaling Singletary in acumen.
welcome to the club of "we do not drink the bathwater of the coach like we used to". nothing you said was wrong. that is just terrible we play two just decent quarters of fb at this time of the year. two decent quarters of ball plus the usual mistakes we make plus the usual terrible game decisions you spoke of in the next two games will cost us the division and maybe playoffs.. i for one am not happy with "alls well that ends well" today

Don't understand, it went as exactly as we expected. -Dolphins showed life, and then withered out. -We just didn't expect all those b******t penalties to happen, which kept them in the game, and not over before halftime.

I didn't expect it to be that close. We should have put this game away much sooner and scored more points. If not for the 7 points given off the TO we looked very sluggish on O.

D is still playing lights out and so is the special teams.

Jim needs to figure out very soon what type of O he is gonna finish the season with. Are we really gonna go with the read option as our biggest threat? Sorry, but I don't think thats gonna get it done in the playoffs against the better teams. Could be wrong but it just seems like we are treading water on O with no clear vision as to what we want to be.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Gore + Hunter + LMJ. Man, our RBs are awesome. Add Dixon to that mix.

Brandon who?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you did not expect penalties? haha. you must not be watching many of our games this year.. , mistakes and penalties are a way of life to this team

LOL, who can't not expect your usual Anthony Davis/Itaipu/Brooks offside/holding call? -What I meant was that some were legitimately b******t, thanks to Mike Carey, aka that a*****e who gives us more penalties than any other official in the NFL.
i am sure you are right about some of those calls but i just look at the entire season so far. we are the 4th most penalized team in the nfl, that can not be the fault of the refs. what makes me angry is that it is not getting any better. I think our golden boy coaches are either unable or unwilling to fix whatever the problem is. drive extending penalties vs the pats and hawks will not result in field goals for them
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Gore + Hunter + LMJ. Man, our RBs are awesome. Add Dixon to that mix.

Brandon who?
cut him tonight before the ten pm news and sign rock c. at least we would have another back who can do great special teams,

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by THEB:
No, but I can show you what he does against Chicago.

Makes you wonder what Alex could do against Chicago if they had no tape on him.

I saw the way he played when teams had no tape on him. It's called his rookie year.

If you base any opinion on Alex Smith based on his rookie year that's pretty sad

I base it on everything I've seen from him thus far. The only time teams didn't have tape on him was his rookie year so my point is relevant. And the only thing that's sad is his how long it's taken him to be a decent quarterback.

You're a smart poster but it's a horrible argument. Kaep has had Harbaugh from the start, Kaep sat a year, Kaep has a very very talented team that has helped him and Alex win. Alex inherited the least talented, worst 49ers team of the last 35 years. Alex's second year, with a team that was still horrendous was pretty solid. Comparing them both in their second seasons, comparing the large gap of talent and coaching, your argument doesn't hold up nearly as well as you think it does.

I will support the starter but I won't bash either guy in the process.

I'm not the one who brought up the "no tape" argument. Smith has had Harbaugh AND over a year of experience in his offense. The differences between the two quarterbacks are negligible at this point IMHO. That shouldn't be the case. The offense should have been firing on all cylinders with Smith behind center. It just hasn't been. He has some nice efficient stats but watching him tells a completely different story.

Yeah if Kaep is doing this in his second season and equaling Smith for the most part, he is the future. He doesn't throw as many TDs yet, isn't as good with his reads but his arm and legs make those almost negligible. What I don't want is a cold Smith having to come in to a playoff game if Kaep can't handle the situation. Even some very good QBs have struggled in the playoffs early in their career (Manning and now Ryan comes to mind). In the playoffs experience can be paramount, limiting errors is huge, I'm just worried that we're entrusting our playoffs to a kid who's never been there before.

I fully recognize that Kaep will eventually need to experience the playoffs and we should not shelter him, it just seems like we can win it all this year if we can get decent, consistent production out of our QBs. Smith was giving us that in large part and did not lose his job. Kaep's play and production is a lot like Smith's which does not necessarily justify the change in the eyes of many IMO.

That's fair, I hear ya. I didn't mind the change, in fact, I was supportive of it but I do mind how the Coaches are forcing Kaepernick to play Smith's game. Like I said before, if they're going to go that route then Harbaugh should never have made the switch.

Everyone is happy with the win but no one is happy with the offense. At least we can agree on that.
We need Vernon if we want to win a playoff game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph_GO9mZ834

Here is a reminder just in case you guys forgotten about him..
That's fair, I hear ya. I didn't mind the change, in fact, I was supportive of it but I do mind how the Coaches are forcing Kaepernick to play Smith's game. Like I said before, if they're going to go that route then Harbaugh should never have made the switch.

Everyone is happy with the win but no one is happy with the offense. At least we can agree on that.

Yep, we can all agree on that. Too many solid players on the O side of the ball to be struggling along. Kaep didn't play badly yet we had 6 at HT at home against a fairly mediocre team....inexcusable.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by THEB:
No, but I can show you what he does against Chicago.

Makes you wonder what Alex could do against Chicago if they had no tape on him.

I saw the way he played when teams had no tape on him. It's called his rookie year.

If you base any opinion on Alex Smith based on his rookie year that's pretty sad

I base it on everything I've seen from him thus far. The only time teams didn't have tape on him was his rookie year so my point is relevant. And the only thing that's sad is his how long it's taken him to be a decent quarterback.

You're a smart poster but it's a horrible argument. Kaep has had Harbaugh from the start, Kaep sat a year, Kaep has a very very talented team that has helped him and Alex win. Alex inherited the least talented, worst 49ers team of the last 35 years. Alex's second year, with a team that was still horrendous was pretty solid. Comparing them both in their second seasons, comparing the large gap of talent and coaching, your argument doesn't hold up nearly as well as you think it does.

I will support the starter but I won't bash either guy in the process.

I'm not the one who brought up the "no tape" argument. Smith has had Harbaugh AND over a year of experience in his offense. The differences between the two quarterbacks are negligible at this point IMHO. That shouldn't be the case. The offense should have been firing on all cylinders with Smith behind center. It just hasn't been. He has some nice efficient stats but watching him tells a completely different story.

Yeah if Kaep is doing this in his second season and equaling Smith for the most part, he is the future. He doesn't throw as many TDs yet, isn't as good with his reads but his arm and legs make those almost negligible. What I don't want is a cold Smith having to come in to a playoff game if Kaep can't handle the situation. Even some very good QBs have struggled in the playoffs early in their career (Manning and now Ryan comes to mind). In the playoffs experience can be paramount, limiting errors is huge, I'm just worried that we're entrusting our playoffs to a kid who's never been there before.

I fully recognize that Kaep will eventually need to experience the playoffs and we should not shelter him, it just seems like we can win it all this year if we can get decent, consistent production out of our QBs. Smith was giving us that in large part and did not lose his job. Kaep's play and production is a lot like Smith's which does not necessarily justify the change in the eyes of many IMO.

i am not going to slobber credit over them for playing two quarters of ball with the proper energy , execution and passion they should have been playing the whole god damn game with. two quarters of ball will get us blown up in the next two games
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TDNiners:
We need Vernon if we want to win a playoff game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph_GO9mZ834

Here is a reminder just in case you guys forgotten about him..

thats another thing,, f**king invisible man. he has been setting around playing checkers ever since the bears game went off the air
Share 49ersWebzone