LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Were we all thinking the same thing when Williams and Hunter got Hurt?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
My thoughts were... "f**k you Jonathan Vilma!"

x1000000000000000000000000000000000000

He's supposed to be suspend.
Bringing 2 new guys(1st and 2nd pick) in this late in season will be an interesting coaching challenge. Coach doesn't want...he hates...rooks making mistakes and costing us the game. Now he has to balance that with making those two guys useful come end of season, when the real football season starts, loser goes home. LaMic, better not be fielding punts, and as for AJ, I hope he has gotten rid of the dropsies now. We'll see soon enough.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
first of all , I am NOT trying to be funny , I would never look for humor in a player getting hurt , especially two of our own players

but when Williams and Hunter BOTH were injured on the same play, and both were carted off the field ...were you thinking to yourself , "Well ..Jenkins and James might play next week?"

I mean , what are the chances of two of our offensive skill players getting hurt on the same play?? ...and we Just happen to have a 1st and 2nd round pick waiting to get their chance ...So naturally I wondered about the possibility of Jenkins & James hitting the field ...but it is a strange thing , I never imagined things would work out this way? ...anyway , lets hope our 2 rookies can get some playing time , and develop into contributing offensive weapons by playoff time

I tought .....poor guys they will lose their job to the back ups.........even if they get healthy...
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:

I tought .....poor guys they will lose their job to the back ups.........even if they get healthy...

I'm sure the thought must have crossed those guys' mind after they saw what happened to Alex Smith.
To be honest I was really upset about Williams. I like him. That was a tough break. I was also even more upset about Hunter. I will be happy to be proven wrong but Hunter is a special kind of player in my mind. He is so good at turning almost nothing into a nice positive gain. I also don't think James will suit up this week. Cox is handling punt and kick duties as the #2 man. I think Jacobs will be the new RB in the mix. Jenkins may get his chance to get in the rotation. But we still have moss Crabtree, Manningham, and maybe ginn, ahead of him.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:

I'm sure the thought must have crossed those guys' mind after they saw what happened to Alex Smith.

You rotate RBs and WRs waaaaaayyyyy more than QBs....
I dont think either of those guys are going to see much of the field. LMJ will need to prove he can pass protect, which may be less import with CK than with Alex back there. It sounds like he was struggling to returns kicks early on, so he may not see time on STs either.

Jenkins didn't excel in camp and Harbaugh is probably the type of guy that wants to see it on the practice field if you have any hope of seeing PT>
Share 49ersWebzone