LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 191 users in the forums

Were we all thinking the same thing when Williams and Hunter got Hurt?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
first of all , I am NOT trying to be funny , I would never look for humor in a player getting hurt , especially two of our own players

but when Williams and Hunter BOTH were injured on the same play, and both were carted off the field ...were you thinking to yourself , "Well ..Jenkins and James might play next week?"

I mean , what are the chances of two of our offensive skill players getting hurt on the same play?? ...and we Just happen to have a 1st and 2nd round pick waiting to get their chance ...So naturally I wondered about the possibility of Jenkins & James hitting the field ...but it is a strange thing , I never imagined things would work out this way? ...anyway , lets hope our 2 rookies can get some playing time , and develop into contributing offensive weapons by playoff time
More like, we will be forcing 2 young pups into "starter" duty and are they ready?
[ Edited by jreff22 on Nov 29, 2012 at 10:53 AM ]
To be honest I was thinking: NO. Oh s**t. F***ing bounties again.
[ Edited by English on Nov 29, 2012 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
More like, we will be forcing 2 young pups into "starter" duty and are they ready?

lol starter duty?
Totally bummed about Hunter - hopefully he recovers.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

lol starter duty?

Seriously, "STARTER?"

did you not see the quotes around starter? Not that they will be starting but will be rotated in a lot. Ginn and KW out means Jenkins will need to be on the field. Dixon is a waste at RB and I think Jacobs is still in the dog house with Jim.....LMJ will be put on the filed a lot.
did you not see the quotes around starter? Not that they will be starting but will be rotated in a lot. Ginn and KW out means Jenkins will need to be on the field. Dixon is a waste at RB and I think Jacobs is still in the dog house with Jim.....LMJ will be put on the filed a lot.

couldn't you have just said "key roles" instead
I was thinking that it sucks that we just lost two valuable contributors. I didn't even consider James and Jenkins. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if those two still don't see the field. Moss, Jacobs, and Dixon will probably fill the void more than the rookies.
I think gores carries are going way up. Jreff is right about jacobs in the doghouse. I sure hope lmj flashs we really need the change of pace. I got a feeling jenkins might be pretty good. I heard on a radio show after the draft that balke lets jim harbaugh have the second pick to get anyone he wants. If lmj is jims pick then maybe he gets a lot of action. Im looking forward to see what happens.

Yes the Buccaneers would have done themselves a ton of good sitting Doug Martin. Or AJ Green last year.

You can't say James and Jenkins don't compare at the pro level because you don't know. They've not been afforded the chance. This is the great fallacy of the pre season, where far too many people give up on talent over an exhibition performance.

They should have been playing weeks ago. I'm glad they finally are.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
james has a better shot of suiting up than jenkins.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM ]
I was just hoping we'd get out of there with a W
It was a conspiracy to get CK, James and Jenkins experience for the playoff/Superbowl run. After CK, Harbaugh didn't want anymore media attention so he conjured up the "injuries" to sidestep the media and nobody's picked up on it...yet. Anyone have any latest vids of Hunter/Williams walking around perfectly fine/normal? LMAO

I doubt they play much if at all. They arent gonna go from inactive to ahead of Moss, Ginn, Jacobs and Dixonon the depth chart
Share 49ersWebzone