There are 250 users in the forums

Were we all thinking the same thing when Williams and Hunter got Hurt?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Yes the Buccaneers would have done themselves a ton of good sitting Doug Martin. Or AJ Green last year.

You can't say James and Jenkins don't compare at the pro level because you don't know. They've not been afforded the chance. This is the great fallacy of the pre season, where far too many people give up on talent over an exhibition performance.

They should have been playing weeks ago. I'm glad they finally are.

This could end up being a good thing.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
AJ Green is on the Bucs?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
AJ Green is on the Bucs?

Yup he got traded lastnight
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
AJ Green is on the Bucs?

Yup he got traded lastnight

Frakkin iPhone... You get the point tho. Let the rookies play!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Frakkin iPhone... You get the point tho. Let the rookies play!

yessir.

I don't see Jenkins getting much PT because Crabs and Manningham can play the slot. James, on the other hand, is our only backup RB that can fill teh Hunter spot. Jacobs and Dixon are too big/slow.
not able to quote right now.....weird? val Ginn doesn't get used on O and with a wrist injury Jenkins should be in front of him. Moss still sees limited snaps so it wont be hard for Jenkins to be in a heavy rotation. Dixon is only used in very late garbage time and Hunter was used because of his burst, something Jacobs does not have.
Man & Hunter looks like he has a bright future ahead of him...............hopefully he fully recovers
ohhhh fudge!!!
i was thinking about how valuable hunter was. that's a true loss right there.
I thought it wasn't going to be bad with Hunter. It didn't look bad doe...at the time.

I cringed when I saw Hunter down, he is a huge part of our offense.. Now the offense is gonna lean more on Gore, and while I'm confident In His abilities, he was staying fresh when Hunter was in, and the O didn't skip a beat... Jacobs and Dixon need to step up. Maybe LMJ too?
Originally posted by jreff22:
More like, we will be forcing 2 young pups into "starter" duty and are they ready?

Come on, man.

Hunter was a rookie last year and did fine as the backup RB. Crabtree came in as a rookie with no training camp and did fine - and he was the #1 WR.

Not everybody needs 5 years to develop. Not to mention James would likely be the #3 RB and Jenkins the #4 WR. That is not "starter" duty by any stretch of the imagination.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by jreff22:
More like, we will be forcing 2 young pups into "starter" duty and are they ready?

Come on, man.

Hunter was a rookie last year and did fine as the backup RB. Crabtree came in as a rookie with no training camp and did fine - and he was the #1 WR.

Not everybody needs 5 years to develop. Not to mention James would likely be the #3 RB and Jenkins the #4 WR. That is not "starter" duty by any stretch of the imagination.

Its not that I think they are bad....its that they aren't getting eased into these spots. Only a few weeks till the season ends and we are pushing for a first round bye, I dont like the timing. They will have to contribute and pickup any slack for us not to miss a beat. This puts added pressure on Gore and Keap.
I was thinking bounty too.. especially when i seen Vilma twist Hunters ankle with his hands..
my first thoughts were "vilma you dirty effing b*****d! shouldnt even be playing"
Share 49ersWebzone