LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Were we all thinking the same thing when Williams and Hunter got Hurt?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I jokingly thought bounty but I also thought of LMJ and AJ possibly playing
From the way it initially went down, KW's injury appeared to be a lot more serious. Irony is, he has a heck of a lot better chance of playing again than KH,
whose "ankle" injury turned out to be the Achilles. I am really down about the KH injury. NFL running backs don't come back from that one. Hunter was
one sweet player: it was easy to see him as Gore's successor.
I was thinking, "oh s**t."
Originally posted by crimsontide:
From the way it initially went down, KW's injury appeared to be a lot more serious. Irony is, he has a heck of a lot better chance of playing again than KH,
whose "ankle" injury turned out to be the Achilles. I am really down about the KH injury. NFL running backs don't come back from that one. Hunter was
one sweet player: it was easy to see him as Gore's successor.

youre post made me depresed Hunter has so much potential.
I'm hoping the 49ers plug in LMJ right away. He could excel with the same packages Hunter had. This guy can ball. Give him a pitchout and let him get to the edge. He was great on screens at Oregon. Jacobs and Dixon don't have the speed that LMJ has. Kaep and James could drive a defense crazy. In pre season AJ was getting open deep. I'm sure they are two hungry players.
My thoughts were... "f**k you Jonathan Vilma!"
No, I doubt either see any action either
Originally posted by Eli_23:
My thoughts were... "f**k you Jonathan Vilma!"

x1000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • Elric
  • Veteran
We needed an old style coach and we got one.

Not going to put rookies at ricks unless they've earned it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
but when Williams and Hunter BOTH were injured on the same play, and both were carted off the field ...were you thinking to yourself , "Well ..Jenkins and James might play next week?"

No, I did think about Jenkins or James.

I hoped Hunter was not badly hurt, but I was sure that Williams would be out for a long time.

i think jenkins will fill in good for williams and mite even pull off some very good plays but im more worried about hunter. that man is a future star and he will be missed! lamike has some big shoes to fill and im hoping he has bulked up more from the preseason
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
first of all , I am NOT trying to be funny , I would never look for humor in a player getting hurt , especially two of our own players

but when Williams and Hunter BOTH were injured on the same play, and both were carted off the field ...were you thinking to yourself , "Well ..Jenkins and James might play next week?"

I mean , what are the chances of two of our offensive skill players getting hurt on the same play?? ...and we Just happen to have a 1st and 2nd round pick waiting to get their chance ...So naturally I wondered about the possibility of Jenkins & James hitting the field ...but it is a strange thing , I never imagined things would work out this way? ...anyway , lets hope our 2 rookies can get some playing time , and develop into contributing offensive weapons by playoff time

I felt bad for Kendal Hunter. I really didn't feel bad for Williams. That's not very nice at all but it's true. I want to see LaMichael James more than Jenkins. But I would like to see at least one get some time out there.
What if Vilma is a sicko and did injure Hunter on purpose. I had some compassion with the bounty thing but I took it all back after that play.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
What if Vilma is a sicko and did injure Hunter on purpose. I had some compassion with the bounty thing but I took it all back after that play.

He did push himself up using Kendalls ankle but I've seen alot of players do that before, just not while the ankle was twisted backwards.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
I felt bad for Kendal Hunter. I really didn't feel bad for Williams. That's not very nice at all but it's true. I want to see LaMichael James more than Jenkins. But I would like to see at least one get some time out there.

SO you feel bad for Hunter getting tackled (which was going to happen he was running the ball) and injured, but not bad for Williams who was trying to set a block for Hunter and got pummeled?
Share 49ersWebzone