There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Well Written Article

Still hard to believe how good our draft was last year! Baalke, I promise not to question your thought process, even if it doesn't make sense to me
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by schmons:
just the best everything in the league. so good to be a 49ers fan right now

Posted this in the Rams game thread but:

Recipe for a Dynasty:
1. One of if not the most talented teams in the NFL - Check
2. One of the best cap guys in the NFL - Check
3. One of the best GMs in the NFL - Check
4. One of the best owners in the NFL - Check
5. One of the best Head Coaches in the NFL - Check

6. Dynamic QB.................................Check.

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
7. Patrick Willis - CHECK!

8. Anthony Dixon - CHECK
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Still hard to believe how good our draft was last year! Baalke, I promise not to question your thought process, even if it doesn't make sense to me

2010 and 2011... AD, Iupati, Bowman, Aldon, Kap, Culliver, Hunter and Miller

2012 we will have a high 3rd (car), 5th (indy) and 6th (mia) for 2013 plus we got Jenkins, James, Looney and Fleming. Don't see Robinson being more than a backup. Looney will probably replace Leonard Davis and come in as an extra OL on the heavy packages. He could end up being a backup center as well if Goodwin is gone and Kilgore takes over. Fleming could end up being the 3rd OLB and Jenkins and James will become factors in 2013.
A really good article that was written by someone who seems to be at least semi-professional, not some scrub who randomly submitted an article. With the coaching talent of Harbaugh, the eye for talent with Baalke, and the cap master that is Paraag, I have memories of playing in my own s**t and watching Montana and Young. Living in a dream with this franchise.
I remember when Bowman filled in for an injured Patrick Willis when he missed two games due to I think a hand injury a few years ago, and Bowman played well alongside Takeo Spikes in those few games. Manny Lawson and Nate Clements were still around, and I think Michael Lewis as well. Free agency begins, and we see all of these guys leave and people on here were freaking out. We waited until late into free agency, and made VALUE signings in Carlos Rogers (upgrade over Nate) and Donte Whitner who has been very consistent and very good overall. Everyone was so angry we let Spikes and Manny go, and look who filled their spots: Aldon Smith and Navarro Bowman. (Not to mention Ahmad Brooks was just coming into his own after a few "immature" seasons in Cincy)
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

2010 and 2011... AD, Iupati, Bowman, Aldon, Kap, Culliver, Hunter and Miller

2012 we will have a high 3rd (car), 5th (indy) and 6th (mia) for 2013 plus we got Jenkins, James, Looney and Fleming. Don't see Robinson being more than a backup. Looney will probably replace Leonard Davis and come in as an extra OL on the heavy packages. He could end up being a backup center as well if Goodwin is gone and Kilgore takes over. Fleming could end up being the 3rd OLB and Jenkins and James will become factors in 2013.

Starter - Possibly Pro-Bowler, Starter - Possibly Pro-Bowler, Starter - All Pro, Starter - Possibly DPOY, Starter - Potentially Franchise QB, Slot CB, Backup RB, and Possibly Pro-Bowler

DAMN !!!
I greatly appreciate all the positive feedback on this site. I was a member here long ago, seems like a lifetime ago, well before I was even a blogger. Good to see that you folks enjoyed the article.
Originally posted by VincentFrankNFL:
I greatly appreciate all the positive feedback on this site. I was a member here long ago, seems like a lifetime ago, well before I was even a blogger. Good to see that you folks enjoyed the article.

By the way, I'm Kyle, the guy that sent you that message through B/R
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by schmons:
just the best everything in the league. so good to be a 49ers fan right now

Posted this in the Rams game thread but:

Recipe for a Dynasty:
1. One of if not the most talented teams in the NFL - Check
2. One of the best cap guys in the NFL - Check
3. One of the best GMs in the NFL - Check
4. One of the best owners in the NFL - Check
5. One of the best Head Coaches in the NFL - Check

6. Dynamic QB.................................Check.

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
7. Patrick Willis - CHECK!

8. Anthony Dixon - CHECK

9. A beast pass rusher....CHECK!
[ Edited by obx49 on Nov 28, 2012 at 5:28 PM ]
No. 8
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by VincentFrankNFL:

By the way, I'm Kyle, the guy that sent you that message through B/R

just a great thread.
Baalke has a plan. To me, the ultimate coup will really be this offseason. If they can somehow sign Goldson again and a few other free agents, this team will be set to run things for years to come.
The fact that we will probably get 4th and 5th round compensatory picks for Adam Snyder and Josh Morgan is amazing.

We are going to have to do a lot of wheeling and dealing because we certainly cannot draft 14 guys this year.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
The fact that we will probably get 4th and 5th round compensatory picks for Adam Snyder and Josh Morgan is amazing.

We are going to have to do a lot of wheeling and dealing because we certainly cannot draft 14 guys this year.

such a luxury. this isnt even fair to the rest of the nfl. trent balkee is making the nfl his b***h!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home