There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Underrated development: Jewel Hampton promoted to the active roster

Originally posted by gold49digger:
I hope Hampton takes over Dixons spot on the team, he is almost useless and serves no purpose on this team besides being a cheerleader.

someone needs a hug
strong bump lol
Actually, Dixon was pretty productive last year...didn't get many carries, but when he did, he usually made 'em count. He's also a very good ST player...and the BL is he's the biggest RB we have and can save some wear 'n tear on the smaller guys getting 1st downs/TD's. That said, I'm looking forward to what Hampton can do...having him waiting in the wings could end up saving a draft pick next month.
I'm interested in seeing Hampton in the pre-season. Hampton is a very Gore-like player. Very good college player. Did have some injuries but is very talented. We don't need to draft a RB obviously, and the pick would be a luxury.

Right now, I'm happy with what we have in Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Dixon, and Hampton. If Hunter looks fully recovered in the pre-season, we know we have two starting caliber backs.
Keep that phone handy....he might get the call again.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Keep that phone handy....he might get the call again.

With LMJ on the MCL-mend, he may even make the 53 right now. I hope so...he worked his butt off behind a VERY poor OL and still produced! Plus, I agree, he's more like Gore than Hunter/LMJ.
Wow. I like this guy but we got to keep Lavelle Hawkins for his return ability and WR ability too. Cam Johnson looks awesome. We got to get down to 53 somehow. Are we going to run him much in the regular season?
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I hope Hampton takes over Dixons spot on the team, he is almost useless and serves no purpose on this team besides being a cheerleader.

My thoughts to but Dixon has become a ST stud so I'm kinda ifie about it ...

I don't see how people think he is a special teams stud? He's so slow he always draws those block in the back penalties because the other team catches up to him easily..... At least he draws the penalty.

Honestly I think Hampton is better than Dixon.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wow. I like this guy but we got to keep Lavelle Hawkins for his return ability and WR ability too. Cam Johnson looks awesome. We got to get down to 53 somehow. Are we going to run him much in the regular season?

Why not? He's Gore-like in his style and that suits us very well. Now imagine him behind the STARTERS. Also, chances are, LMJH has a partial tear so put him on the PUP list and bring him back after week 6 as well...with the other 45 players we have on the PUP/NFI.
Just my thoughts on Hampton. When I seen some game film on him I liked the way he ran. Looked a little like Gore. I guess it was from being out for so long with injury but first game back I was so disappointed in him. Looked out of shape and like the a really bad version of the bad Anthony Dixon. Then the Vikings game looked like he was in much better shape. Almost like he lost 5-10 pounds in a week. He was running much better. Same with last night I know it's not against starters but I think he showed he is at least PS worthy. Very well might be worth a 3rd roster spot on a bad team. Although, seemed less Gore like this pre-season and more Anthony Dixon like. Still good Dixon not a bad guy to run like.
He has been a disapointment for me. I think he is slow through the hole and gets knocked down to easy. you guys must see something I don't, which is very possible. haha

lol.
Originally posted by boast:

lol.

I would like to apologize to mr dixon. Since this statement has been made he has been a baller in special teams and has looked better as a runner So I salute you Dixon for partially proving me wrong. I just hope you become the runner you were as a bulldog
Originally posted by boast:

lol.

I would like to apologize to mr dixon. Since this statement has been made he has been a baller in special teams and has looked better as a runner So I salute you Dixon for partially proving me wrong. I just hope you become the runner you were as a bulldog

I have a friend, and whenever he criticizes certain players, they ball out. When he compliments them, they suck.

For the sake of our team, please continue calling him out -- even if you don't mean it. lol
Originally posted by outside4949:
He has been a disapointment for me. I think he is slow through the hole and gets knocked down to easy. you guys must see something I don't, which is very possible. haha

I don't see what he can do that Gore and Hunter can't do better. At least with Dixon he's useful on short yardage and on the goal line, Hampton to me seems pretty redundant, especially with Lattimore joining the roster next season.