LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Underrated development: Jewel Hampton promoted to the active roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I hope Hampton takes over Dixons spot on the team, he is almost useless and serves no purpose on this team besides being a cheerleader.

In the coming years, yes. In the immediate future, no. Dixon isn't much of a running back, but he has been very good on a special teams unit that has finally started playing well after a rough start. Every time you see the opposing team get called for a block in the back, it is almost always on Dixon. That tells you what the other team thinks of him. Hampton will get his chance in practice now that Hunter won't be getting carries, but he is mainly auditioning for next season, in my opinion.
Hampton was one of those UDFA guys I wanted when I saw he went undrafted in april. Glad he was kept on NFI, and now active roster. I hope future wise, Michael Thomas brings some value over a McBath or Brock. Wilhoite seems like a player at ILB and Cam Johnson and Darius Fleming at OLB.
Scrub
to the active roster? ahead of james and jenkings?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Not saying he will or won't...but he's the classic case of a back who ends up making it because he possessed the necessary qualities and just had medical setbacks. Usually those guys don't last that long...but they are productive in the short time they do get to stay on the field.

Didn't we draft one of those, who now holds the rushing records for the franchise?

He has been promoted to the active roster? or is this just a crappy misleading thread title?
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

James and Jenkins have been on the active roster all year.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

James and Jenkins have been on the active roster all year.

This, but if he ends up being active on gameday over LMJ i will seriously begin to question the LMJ pick. I already have my doubts. Trying not to be too hard on the kid yet.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
This, but if he ends up being active on gameday over LMJ i will seriously begin to question the LMJ pick. I already have my doubts. Trying not to be too hard on the kid yet.

We are deeper at RB than at WR...its only but so many carries that can be had. James will get his shot.
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
He has been promoted to the active roster? or is this just a crappy misleading thread title?

active roster = 53 man roster. Not game-day active

Here's a bio from The Sports Exchange prior to the draft;

5'9" 218 lbs. 40 time low 4.46, 40 time high 4.65, rated 27th out 138 running backs.

Two ACL surgeries, runs low to the ground, legs keep churning and going forward after contact, rarely is tackled for a loss. Sounds just like someone I know.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Here's a bio from The Sports Exchange prior to the draft;

5'9" 218 lbs. 40 time low 4.46, 40 time high 4.65, rated 27th out 138 running backs.

Two ACL surgeries, runs low to the ground, legs keep churning and going forward after contact, rarely is tackled for a loss. Sounds just like someone I know.

The only attribute that's an unknown is if he has Frank's heart. Which is why I said a lot of them may make it, but few stick, and if they do they are productive but only for a short time.
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Jewel's another ACL survivor. Don't expect much from him. Good story, though.
Can he play special teams...Attention Mr. Dixon, you 20 minutes to clean out you locker, a cab is waiting...
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Nov 28, 2012 at 6:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone