LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Anyone excited to see LeMichael James play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Lamicheal 5'9" 199
Kendall 5'7" 197

They're practically clones

Physically yeah, but on the field they have different play styles.
I wanna see what he can do behind the 1st-team O-line....preseason is preseason
  • cools
  • Veteran
Harbs gonna be careful when he puts him in, I bet we see much more of Jacobs then we do James

Gotta be able to pick up the blitzer when called upon to do it, not so sure James has that in his skill yet, Hunter did

Im pretty excited about Jewal Hampton too, fantastic short yardage type, I doubt he plays this season
but could make his way on to the 53 in 2013
Wait a second... its LAmichael james.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Wait a second... its LAmichael james.

lol he ain't french damnit!
The depth chart should be 1) Gore 2) LMJ 3) Jacobs (3rd downs),. I realized that LMJ has a fumble problems during preseason, but that was back then when he was still getting used to the speed of the game. Obviously, we're not going to put him on KR/PR duty, Ginn jr. and Cox are much more experienced and capable, but i see no reason for James not to have around 5-7 carries/game with a couple check downs or screen passes. It gives us another dimension in conjunction w/ Kap strong arm downfield to keep defenses honest. Really couldnt hurt
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
Hunter is a Jones-Drew TYPE small but powerful
LaMichael is a Warrick Dunn TYPE quick quick quick
Not saying that they are as talented as those, but i think they are in those molds and differnt types of runners despite thier similar size
Originally posted by Eeks:
Hunter is a Jones-Drew TYPE small but powerful
LaMichael is a Warrick Dunn TYPE quick quick quick
Not saying that they are as talented as those, but i think they are in those molds and differnt types of runners despite thier similar size

I see a lot of Darren Sproles in LaMicheal, given that is a premature judgement. Has those quick cuts, makes guys miss, has a strong stout center.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
LeMichael will only start if LaMichael goes down.

What about JaMichael James? Gruden was ravening about that guy, and we hadn't even played him beyond supposedly preseason!
LMJ is FASTER tha Sproles, imho

• Eeks
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
I see a lot of Darren Sproles in LaMicheal, given that is a premature judgement. Has those quick cuts, makes guys miss, has a strong stout center.

Yes, but i believe LaMichael is bigger and stronger than Sproles
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
LeMichael will only start if LaMichael goes down.

What about JaMichael James? Gruden was ravening about that guy, and we hadn't even played him beyond supposedly preseason!

We're fine as long as Colin Kipernack plays as well as he has.
James won't be able to fill Hunter's shoes. Hope I'm wrong.

Hunter is a damn good player.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
James won't be able to fill Hunter's shoes. Hope I'm wrong.

Hunter is a damn good player.

I doubt he will be asked to especially not right away. I would be surprised if Jacobs and Dixon don't get those carries with LaMicheal sprinkled in.
He has some big shoes to fill...
Share 49ersWebzone