There are 210 users in the forums

Anyone excited to see LeMichael James play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
agree with idaho,, keep him the hell away from the return game. i think with ginn and cox we are ok there, not sure james can block. so far the only good thing i have heard from him is that he was the roomate of ck this summer. not exactly a stirring endorsement
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by susweel:
I was in the pre season but after I saw him play I wasn't excited anymore.

Ahh come on show our little pup some love!!

OMG im actually agree with Susweel. But for some reason LMJ reminds me of a slower Reggie Bush, and we all know how terrible he was a Runningback in all those years after coming out of USC where all he would do is run outside, no much between the tackles.

Actually, LMJ is the opposite. If he was like Bush or sproles i would be more excited.

LMJ made his money between the tackles in College. He is overrated in the pass game, and severely lacking in the return game.

I hope im wrong, but i think Harbaalkie missed on this one. Hope one day he can prove me wrong.

Pretty sure you are wrong about most of that. Seems our team recruits more for raw potential than promise of being great and I really like that. I think LaMicheal has raw potential that will be molded into something great. Doubt he was overrated in the pass game or return game as he was not highly rated in either.

Guy was brought on because he is fast, elusive, and a slippery running back, which are things you can't teach. The rest will come as Harbaugh molds him into a guy who will help our team.

I can only be more excited for AJ Jenkins drafted in the first seeing as how last year's first rounder is already a star. Just pointing out they have a plan that most don't see.
[ Edited by BayArea on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM ]
Pretty sure you are wrong about most of that. Seems our team recruits more for raw potential than promise of being great and I really like that. I think LaMicheal has raw potential that will be molded into something great. Doubt he was overrated in the pass game or return game as he was not highly rated in either.

Guy was brought on because he is fast, elusive, and a slippery running back, which are things you can't teach. The rest will come as Harbaugh molds him into a guy who will help our team.

I can only be more excited for AJ Jenkins drafted in the first seeing as how last year's first rounder is already a star. Just pointing out they have a plan that most don't see.

By overrated, i meant on the webzone.

Dont get me wrong. I know the kid is athletic, and has a chance to develop, i just dont agree with the sproles/bush/harvin comparisons that i see thrown around on this board.
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by susweel:
I was in the pre season but after I saw him play I wasn't excited anymore.

Ahh come on show our little pup some love!!

OMG im actually agree with Susweel. But for some reason LMJ reminds me of a slower Reggie Bush, and we all know how terrible he was a Runningback in all those years after coming out of USC where all he would do is run outside, no much between the tackles.

Actually, LMJ is the opposite. If he was like Bush or sproles i would be more excited.

LMJ made his money between the tackles in College. He is overrated in the pass game, and severely lacking in the return game.

I hope im wrong, but i think Harbaalkie missed on this one. Hope one day he can prove me wrong.

I agree that he is good between the tackles, overated as a receiver, and lacking in the return game. He didn't start returning kicks until his last year, probably to boost his draft stock. The same can be said of his receiving. I actually thought Kenyon Barner was a better all around back, but not as good at running the ball. Because of this, I thought Barner stood a better chance at the pro level on special teams. Maybe after this year, James can improve enough in those two areas to become a productive pro football player.
Seems like the zone is being a little harsh on lmj. Let him develop and then you can criticize him. This playbook looks like its hard to learn with a ton of formations. Kap looked horrid in preseason last year but now he looks like our future qb.
no
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Not really
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Seems like the zone is being a little harsh on lmj. Let him develop and then you can criticize him. This playbook looks like its hard to learn with a ton of formations. Kap looked horrid in preseason last year but now he looks like our future qb.

Hunter did fine and he was a 4th round pick. He's had almost 3 months to learn the playbook and work on his issues. The transition for a QB is difficult, RB is easy in comparison.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Hunter did fine and he was a 4th round pick. He's had almost 3 months to learn the playbook and work on his issues. The transition for a QB is difficult, RB is easy in comparison.
You make a good point but I will still wait for him to play then I will judge him.

By overrated, i meant on the webzone.

Dont get me wrong. I know the kid is athletic, and has a chance to develop, i just dont agree with the sproles/bush/harvin comparisons that i see thrown around on this board.

Only comparisons though. I don't think anybody is going to say he is up there with those guys. They are proven stars who have been there done that and at the very least he has the potential to be in their league. You can give him that though right? I can concede he has seasons and seasons to go of improvement and even (proving) before we put him on that level or even in the discussion. The guy at least deserves acknowledgement that he has the physical attributes to play at that level.

Webzone overrated is a tricky beast to tame btw. That can swing with the wind... lol

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I like James speed, moves skills. I'm going to miss Kendall, but he didn't really have a burst. James can bring that to the offense.
Only comparisons though. I don't think anybody is going to say he is up there with those guys. They are proven stars who have been there done that and at the very least he has the potential to be in their league. You can give him that though right? I can concede he has seasons and seasons to go of improvement and even (proving) before we put him on that level or even in the discussion. The guy at least deserves acknowledgement that he has the physical attributes to play at that level.

Webzone overrated is a tricky beast to tame btw. That can swing with the wind... lol

I understand what you are saying. I dont necissarily disagree, but the comparisons are not accurate. Anyone that watched LMJ play can tell you he was not a receiver and he was not a special teams player. He was not even an outside the tackles runner.

Can he deveolop those skills? possibly, but they arent as easy to develop as people make them out to be.

If he was natural at either one he would have been used more in that fashion.

He was an undersized, extremely elusive, fast, between the tackles RB in college. IMO i dont see him as an NFL scat back. I hope he can develop to be one, i really do, but right now i think he is probally still far from being one.

Im more hopeful that he can put on weight and become a Ray Rice type running back, with more athleticism and less power, but there are very few players of his size that can hold up between the tackles.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 27, 2012 at 9:25 PM ]
i WANNA see james spread the defense. I hope that he can get some PT
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Lamicheal 5'9" 199
Kendall 5'7" 197

They're practically clones

Really. ..hunter looks bigger to me.

Yea same here, hunter just has more swag I guess, makes him look bigger
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Honestly I forgot Jenkins and James were on the team.
Share 49ersWebzone