LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

Who do you think is our best defensive player?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by EezyNiner:
For what it's worth, I'm good friends with an offensive position coach for a team we've played this season. I had dinner with him two nights before the game and we were talking about the 49ers defense. He knows I'm a big Niners fan and was telling me that our linebackers "were the real deal". I mentioned Patrick Willis and then he said "But he's not even the best one. Bowman is." That's the first I've heard somebody say Bowman was better than Willis and it was coming from an NFL coach.

I personally think Justin Smith is our best defensive player, and also my favorite one to watch aside from Goldson when he crushes players.
what team?!?!
Dashon Goldson or the cowboy
we have so much talent on defense.

Our top 5 players on defense can EASILY be half of the team's best players anywhere else.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Aldon is our best player.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
You know you asked about Smith vs Kaep. What did he say?

He coaches for the Jets, which I believe was the first game we put Kap out there for more than one or two plays so I never really thought to bring it up. I guess it hadn't really blown up into the big issue it is today since that game was back in September. He's a big college football fan so we talked mostly about CFB. I did get to go watch the Jets walk-through and tour the facilities Saturday morning though. Pretty cool stuff.
Originally posted by EezyNiner:
He coaches for the Jets, which I believe was the first game we put Kap out there for more than one or two plays so I never really thought to bring it up. I guess it hadn't really blown up into the big issue it is today since that game was back in September. He's a big college football fan so we talked mostly about CFB. I did get to go watch the Jets walk-through and tour the facilities Saturday morning though. Pretty cool stuff.

Nice.
Aldon Smith because he has the biggest individual impact. Tough call but I will go with that.
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:
Justin makes Aldon great. Willis makes Bowman great. But Justin and Willis are the stars.

Not sure about the secondary. There are quite a few good players, but no contenders for best on the defense.

This. Good post. Will bookmark and follow your posts more closely about the best players on our team. Thank you for your input. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely, Scabby The Rat
Bowman ...he's playing the best football of his career right now
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Pat Willis! In my opinion he's the most sound tacklers in the game. He seems to never blow an assignment. He cover TE's etc. I think he's the heart and soul of the defense with Justin being a very close 2nd.

This

IMO we got 5 guys (Smiths, ILB's, Goldson) that should get DPOY votes.
If I was picking a guy right now to build a defense around, I'd pick Willis.

If I was picking a guy for the next eight years to build a franchise around, I'd pick Bowman. He's not even in his prime yet (like Willis is). That's scary.
Much tougher choice than last season. I'll still go with Justin Smith.
Justin Smith has played so well for us that I completely forgot he was the guy who replaced Bryant Young when he retired.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The choices are Willis, Bowman, J.Smith, A. Smith, and Goldson,right?

Let me think.

Ah, no way. I just won't play. You are trying to confuse me.

Share 49ersWebzone