LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Who do you think is our best defensive player?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With about about 4 - 5 All Pros to chose from it's a really tough decision, they all make each other better. It's classic case of the whole being even greater than the sum of the parts.

but I will go with Cowboy because he is the most disruptive and dominant force on the best front 7 in the NFL.
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Nov 27, 2012 at 7:11 PM ]
We honestly have 5 guys that you could argue over who is our best D player.
Anferny Dixon because of his dookie dreads
Is it me or does it seem that Bowman plays at a higher level than Willis sometimes? Incredible.
It's Patrick Willis. Dude has been straight up awesome since day one. He does so much for the D and allows so much to happen all around him. He plays man coverage, zone, stuff the run, goes sideline to sideline. Really he's the heart and sole of the D and makes it all happen. The dude is a beast and where's the green dot for a reason. There is a ton of talent on the D and Aldon has had an AMAZING season. But Patrick Willis is more than just an athlete.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
I gotta co sign on Justin Smith and Patrick Willis without a doubt the best players on D They both set the tempo,the standard of play build the wall and both play lights out.They make the other players better around them ..but the longer they're off the field the better they are .. our offense is the defense's best weapon..
[ Edited by dugo on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pakalolo415:

Is it just me or does it seem like Dixon hasn't showered in 3 months.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

yeah he does take grunge to another level..
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Andy Lee

This. The rest of our D is a unit. If we lost Pat or Bowman or whomever, someone else would step up. We have so much talent, to put a finger one one or two guys, such as GB with Woodson and Mathews, is impossible with our team.

Lee is the greatest in the game at what he does. Yes, punters are greatly overlooked, but no one changes field posistion and takes away other teams weapons in the kicking game like he does. He does his job, does it better than anyone and simply could not be replaced in a "next man up" scenerio.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dugo:
Originally posted by mayo49:

yeah he does take grunge to another level..

Tough one. J. Smith by the slimmest of margins over P Willy. It all starts upfront.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We don't have just one, Goldson, J. Smith, Aldon Smith, NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis all dominate at their positions. But if I had to choose who my favorite D player is then Justin Smith is my answer!!
For what it's worth, I'm good friends with an offensive position coach for a team we've played this season. I had dinner with him two nights before the game and we were talking about the 49ers defense. He knows I'm a big Niners fan and was telling me that our linebackers "were the real deal". I mentioned Patrick Willis and then he said "But he's not even the best one. Bowman is." That's the first I've heard somebody say Bowman was better than Willis and it was coming from an NFL coach.

I personally think Justin Smith is our best defensive player, and also my favorite one to watch aside from Goldson when he crushes players.
[ Edited by EezyNiner on Nov 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM ]
I was going to make a thread about this but you beat me to it.

Bowman>every defensive player on the niners.
Originally posted by EezyNiner:
For what it's worth, I'm good friends with an offensive position coach for a team we've played this season. I had dinner with him two nights before the game and we were talking about the 49ers defense. He knows I'm a big Niners fan and was telling me that our linebackers "were the real deal". I mentioned Patrick Willis and then he said "But he's not even the best one. Bowman is." That's the first I've heard somebody say Bowman was better than Willis and it was coming from an NFL coach.

I personally think Justin Smith is our best defensive player, and also my favorite one to watch aside from Goldson when he crushes players.

You know you asked about Smith vs Kaep. What did he say?
Share 49ersWebzone