There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Next player you want to see signed to an extension

Kap. Go early, go long, maybe save a buck.
The Gold Man - 3 years
Between these guys

After 2012 guys

Goldson, RJF or Sopoaga, Walker

After 2013 guys

Mario and Brown (I expect Whitner and J.Smith in offseason to get cap room)

After 2014 guys

Iupati, A.Davis, Aldon(After 2013 though), Cully, Kaep and Crabs
Originally posted by Paulhofer:
With the news that Bowman has been resigned , who would you like to see get an extension ? I personally would like to see Dashon Goldston get his money. I was not in favor of this a year ago and thought frankly that he was gone. The season he has put together this year however makes me want to get him resigned. He intimidates , he ball hawks and his angles and tackling are better this year. The twist here is that Drew Rosenhaus was fired by Goldston last year and went with CAA who has a long history of deals with the Niners , now it's Rosenhaus who get's the deal done for Bowman ?!? Not sure what Dashon is thinking right now but really would love to see him stick at the right $$$$$$$

Unfortunately, Goldson - as a franchised player - is prohibited by league rules from negotiating with the 49ers until after the season is over, so there will be no extension forthcoming. Hopefully, he is offered and accepts a long term deal at the end of the season. Of course, if he doesn't, then the 49ers can again designate him as their franchise player.
Probably Crabtree should be next.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

we can get even better?!?!?!
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

that's scary...for the rest of the NFL

Damn it feels good to be a 49ers fan
i forgot haralson was still on the team
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Goldson is next.
Originally posted by 9erguy:

I would expect Goldson, and either RJF or Sopoaga signed, then decide on Walker, bring back Gooden, then lock up someone else. Maybe Manningham lowers base, extended longer, allowing Brown to be extended.
Who's got it better than us...NOBODY!
Goldson and it's not even close
Alex Smith!!
Originally posted by 9erguy:

I would expect Goldson, and either RJF or Sopoaga signed, then decide on Walker, bring back Gooden, then lock up someone else. Maybe Manningham lowers base, extended longer, allowing Brown to be extended.

I want Culliver to take the place of Brown. Let Brown walk he is not a priority!