LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Navarro Bowman signs 5 year contract extension til 2018!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JD9671:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Not good for Goldson

THIS . your right we need the Goldson ...BIG TIME!!!! GO 49ERS!!!! waiting for sunday.....

IMO no way we don't tag Goldson at the very least. We will for sure have 1 year more of him. I don't no if this necessarily means no Goldson because we can cut, rework or extend guys like Alex, Haralson, Goodwin, Carlos, Akers, etc to save money in these next few years to save cap room.

Edit: Lol, I think I set a record for most double negatives in a post.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
IMO no way we don't tag Goldson at the very least. We will for sure have 1 year more of him. I don't no if this necessarily means no Goldson because we can cut, rework or extend guys like Alex, Haralson, Goodwin, Carlos, Akers, etc to save money in these next few years to save cap room.

Yep. I think they get it done somehow. I would be shocked and bummed if they let Goldson go elsewhere.
Originally posted by dhp318:
2010 draft is looking pretty great. Now if we could only ignore 2008/2009...

Main reason we have become competitive and will stay competitive and win ball games is because of our recent drafting.

2011: Aldon, Kap, Hunter, Bruce Miller
2010: AD, Iupati, Bowman, Kyle Williams
2007: Willis, Staley, McDonald, Goldson, Brown

Even 2009 could still be salvaged with Crabtree and then RJF who could be our future at NT. 2008, at least we got Larry Grant (although we did let him go)
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by dhp318:
2010 draft is looking pretty great. Now if we could only ignore 2008/2009...

Main reason we have become competitive and will stay competitive and win ball games is because of our recent drafting.

2011: Aldon, Kap, Hunter, Bruce Miller
2010: AD, Iupati, Bowman, Kyle Williams
2007: Willis, Staley, McDonald, Goldson, Brown

Even 2009 could still be salvaged with Crabtree and then RJF who could be our future at NT. 2008, at least we got Larry Grant (although we did let him go)

Don't forget Culliver.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Don't forget Culliver.

Every single pick in that draft had value except for Ron Johnson.

Even Colin netted the team the same 7th it cost to draft him...and thats after they got a good year from him on ST.

Its conceivable that each of the first 5 rounders will be starters by next season...along with Bruce Miller. Not to mention the depth at dline they got from the UDFA class.
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/One-on-One-with-NaVorro-Bowman/71f0a696-e7d3-46b2-af26-4a3ba9ecd294
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Don't forget Culliver.

Every single pick in that draft had value except for Ron Johnson.

Even Colin netted the team the same 7th it cost to draft him...and thats after they got a good year from him on ST.

Its conceivable that each of the first 5 rounders will be starters by next season...along with Bruce Miller. Not to mention the depth at dline they got from the UDFA class.

I had high hopes for RoJo, hoped he would be a future starter, but didn't even make team or the P-Squad.

We did have a tremendous class, Aldon, Kaep, Cully, Hunter, Miller, Kilgore, Ian Williams, Dobbs, plus Tolzien off waivers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think they got this done with the idea that this money would have gone to Alex next year. Great move, before he would have become too expensive later on.
I love the structure if correct. He(Bowman) was set for a bump from his $575K base to $1.26M, but he only took up about an extra $1.6M for 2013 cap room. We almost ave $30M for 2014 cap room, before any deals for J.Smith and Whitner, plus we can save $6.6M for Rogers cut and $8.75M for Alex cut. So we are sitting pretty right now.

30 mil under for 2014 really

who would be some possible key free agents then

Great news very happy to see this signed when it's ready. Sick we have the best LB core, and 150+ million not including aldon going into it. Next up Aldon smith man thats going to be 100+ worth every penny! I have a feeling we be tagging goldson if that 30 million thing is correct.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 28, 2012 at 7:26 AM ]
Not just the best ILB in the league, but the best LB crew. Are 2nd year OLB is chasing history while Brooks is getting sacks and pick 6.
Worth every penny.
Share 49ersWebzone