LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Navarro Bowman signs 5 year contract extension til 2018!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Overkill:
Bowman today said that in the end victories trumped dollar amounts.

"It's not really about money," he said. "At the end of the day, we all play this game and we get paid a good amount of money, but all in all people remember you for the wins, remember you for the team that you're a part of."

"In order for us to keep the guys we have together, we're going to have to give on each side and that's what was done. We worked together, and I wasn't mad about not getting paid more than Pat. He's my brother. We play together, play close together and we're making the same amount of money, just about. So I'm happy about it and won't lose any sleep over it."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/11/rosenhaus-if-you-want-to-keep-all-your-good-players-you-have-to-get-deals-done-now.html#storylink=cpy

I love this guy (somewhat homo)

Wow and this guys dropped because of character issues SMH I ;ove this guy too

I hope Goldson has the same mindset.
[ Edited by gold49digger on Nov 27, 2012 at 6:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
....now take him off ST kick coverage!

No bull!!!!
Originally posted by gold49digger:

"It's not really about money," he said. "At the end of the day, we all play this game and we get paid a good amount of money, but all in all people remember you for the wins, remember you for the team that you're a part of."

"In order for us to keep the guys we have together, we're going to have to give on each side and that's what was done. We worked together, and I wasn't mad about not getting paid more than Pat. He's my brother. We play together, play close together and we're making the same amount of money, just about. So I'm happy about it and won't lose any sleep over it."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/11/rosenhaus-if-you-want-to-keep-all-your-good-players-you-have-to-get-deals-done-now.html#storylink=cpy

Wow and this guys dropped because of character issues SMH I ;ove this guy too

I hope Goldson has the same mindset.

Character was to much awesome for lesser teams to handle. Too much awesome character = issues and dropped. lol
  • dugo
  • Veteran
WOOHOO..What a great move by the niners front office...and its awesome to see & hear the type of loyalty Bowman has .
Originally posted by dugo:
WOOHOO..What a great move by the niners front office...and its awesome to see & hear the type of loyalty Bowman has .

Not to mention what LB in the league would want to give up playing next to Patrick Willis on a superbowl caliber defense just for a few bucks.

He and Willis will retire 49ers.
I thought he'd run home to Maryland to be the much needed Ray Lewis replacement for sure. Thanks Navarro! You did the unexpected, Thank you Takeo Spikes,Mike Singletary and Pat for the help in molding such a finely tuned Instrument of destruction.

I'm sure he'd get a better pay check in Baltimore, but nothing compares to S.F. as a city to live in.

Wow. We are the luckiest team in the league. These players we have are unbelievable.
Wow, just got the news. Couldn't think of a better way to start the day. Goldson next in line and I'm sure Kaep is in mind sooner rather than later. Pat and Bo, 52 and 53, now get it done.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Wow, just got the news. Couldn't think of a better way to start the day. Goldson next in line and I'm sure Kaep is in mind sooner rather than later. Pat and Bo, 52 and 53, now get it done.

Kap is no where in mind. Dude has played two games.

Next year for sure if he plays good.
2010 draft is looking pretty great. Now if we could only ignore 2008/2009...

Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
I thought he'd run home to Maryland to be the much needed Ray Lewis replacement for sure. Thanks Navarro! You did the unexpected, Thank you Takeo Spikes,Mike Singletary and Pat for the help in molding such a finely tuned Instrument of destruction.

I'm sure he'd get a better pay check in Baltimore, but nothing compares to S.F. as a city to live in.

I thank Baalke for drafting him. I thank Baalke, Harbaugh, and Jed for not giving Takeo(An aging ILB) a 3 yr deal, and playing NaVorro Bowman.

This got me, from the SacBee Article.

"Once we got to a level of guaranteed compensation, we knew we weren't going to get caught up with, 'Who's making more?' NaVorro's not about that," said Rosenhaus, who also has negotiated deals for inside linebackers Jon Beason and Lawrence Timmons. "We were very comfortable with this deal. He's one of the Top 5 highest paid guys at the position."

Rosenhaus said it was rare for a player to get a new contract midway through his third season. "I think only the most proactive teams get it done," he said. "I think this is perhaps the most talented team in the NFL. And if you want to keep all your good players, you have to get deals done now. You can't let guys get to free agency. You can't keep everybody."

We have 2 of the top 5 paid ILBs in Willis and now Bowman.

And can I gloat? I said it could and would be done. Maiocco said not a chance it would work and I love MM, but I said it.
25 mil guaranteed is very good for Bowman. Willis got 29mil guaranteed. That's the most important portion of the contract all agents negotiate for their clients. The rest of the per year amount is just secondary.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Great News!
Now i want Goldson, Sopo and Jean-Francois extended

Wow, great attitude. Glad he re-signed
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by dugo:

Not to mention what LB in the league would want to give up playing next to Patrick Willis on a superbowl caliber defense just for a few bucks.

He and Willis will retire 49ers.

Yeah thats true Bowman definitely benefits from Willis and Willis from Bowman...its exciting to have these two locked up playing together..And to think of them retiring solely as 9ers... thats rare in todays NFL...
Share 49ersWebzone