There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Navarro Bowman signs 5 year contract extension til 2018!

Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by susweel:
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BOWMAN RE-SIGNING WITH THE 49ERS. ANYONE WHO BRINGS UP OUR QB QUANDRY AUTOMATICALLY GET'S BANNED (by me).

Ead

Sorry kid I just felt like being a rebel.
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BOWMAN RE-SIGNING WITH THE 49ERS. ANYONE WHO BRINGS UP OUR QB QUANDRY AUTOMATICALLY GET'S BANNED (by me).

Ead

Wanna feel banned instead?? *JEDI MIND TRICK*(please say yes, please say yes)

Ead

ye..............................NO
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
They basically insured the guy for injury but didn't pay him what he's worth...fair deal imo. If he's healthy and plays more than 5 years he'll break the bank then...but he won't be hurting no matter what happens to him. For the niners they locked up talent for 5 years...only risk is salary cap if he is hurt. Worth it.

He could've got a lot more guaranteed money(not just in case of injury) on the open market. Paraag simply owned Rosenhaus in this deal.

Maybe Bowman wanted to stay in SF regardless of gauranteed money but just wanted to get the most he can get. If Bowman left, he probalby woudl have gotten more money but the defense could be mediocre. Plus he wouldn't be playing next to All Pro Willis. I think Bowman may have figured the team chemistry and Willis into his decision to stay and I'm all for it!! With Harbaugh and the coaching staff and the way this defense plays, where else would you want to play?
Originally posted by mkmasn:
This needs to be bumped.

I applaud NaVorro Bowman for putting the team first. This really goes to show you how much these players enjoy playing here now. I love how Jed has made this a great organization in just a couple short years. Eddie must have good advice!

(Please update to title to spell NaVorro's name correctly, just a peeve...)

This just makes the offseason more exciting because free agents will probably want to come to SF now and make less money to win.
Those terms are confusing, the $7.5M Signing Bonus would usually kick in right away, maybe they did it for 2013 or 2014.

And that $4M option bonus prorates over 5 seasons, at $800K a year.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM ]
I am so freaken happy! Good job Niners office!
so what does this cost a year?
Originally posted by jreff22:

Per a league source, the deal that Bowman accepted includes less than $8 million in fully-guaranteed money, via a $7.5 million signing bonus and the balance of his $540,000 base salary for 2012. But the deal contains millions more in salary guaranteed for injury only, for now.

In 2013, a $4 million option bonus is due to Bowman; it's fully guaranteed for now. Ditto for Bowman's $630,000 base salary in 2013. The salary becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the 2013 league year.

In 2014, Bowman has a $4 million base salary, which is guaranted for injury, for now. It becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the 2014 league year. He also can earn per-game active roster bonuses that total, if all earned, $750,000.

In 2015, Bowman's base salary is $4.7 million. Again, it's guaranteed for now for injury only. It becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the 2015 league year. Bowman also has the per-game roster bonuses that total $750,000.

In 2016, the base salary is $5.85 million. $4.17 million of it is guaranteed for injury only for now; it becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the 2016 league year. Bowman once again has the per-game roster bonuses that total $750,000.

In 2017, Bowman's base salary is $6.75 million, non-guaranteed, with the per-game roster bonuses that total $750,000.

In 2018, the salary pushes to $8.7 million, with the per-game roster bonuses that total $750,000.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/27/bowman-gets-an-offer-he-cant-refuse/
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Ead

ye..............................NO
take a time out, go walk around the block, its not worth it bud think about squirting lotion on luvs back
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
This needs to be bumped.

I applaud NaVorro Bowman for putting the team first. This really goes to show you how much these players enjoy playing here now. I love how Jed has made this a great organization in just a couple short years. Eddie must have good advice!

(Please update to title to spell NaVorro's name correctly, just a peeve...)

This just makes the offseason more exciting because free agents will probably want to come to SF now and make less money to win.

Completely agree. Nice to have exciting football again in SF.
Not to mention, these guys really wana stay here an win. Also playing in a new state of the art stadium is very attractive to these guys. They are just clamoring for the day they open it. I think the young player see this thing being built and the direction of the Franchise. Im am sure this had a factor in Bowmans desire to stay in SF
OH SH*T !!!

JUST GOT BACK AND HEARD THE NEWS

SO HAPPY THANK YOU JED, BAALKE, AND BOWMAN
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

If my math is correct, his 7.5m bonus is over 5 years, and starts in 2013, at 1.5m proration through 2017.

2013- $3,105,562
2014- $7.075M
2015- $7.75M
2016- $8.9M
2017 - $9.8M
2018 - $9.45M

His $4M option bonus prorates over 5 seasons(13-17).
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Nov 27, 2012 at 5:01 PM ]
Nice been waiting for this to finally happen. Most guys on our team are going to be here for awhile.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home