LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Navarro Bowman signs 5 year contract extension til 2018!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

This should be one of the images on the new stadium.

BAD AZZ!
Originally posted by JimsSweatshirt:

I can has Bowman Jersey!

yes you may
Originally posted by Baldie:
Maybe Bowman wanted to stay in SF regardless of gauranteed money but just wanted to get the most he can get. If Bowman left, he probalby woudl have gotten more money but the defense could be mediocre. Plus he wouldn't be playing next to All Pro Willis. I think Bowman may have figured the team chemistry and Willis into his decision to stay and I'm all for it!! With Harbaugh and the coaching staff and the way this defense plays, where else would you want to play?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I know it sounds crazy to pass up a few million dollars, but I would rather have $45 million and look back at a career playing on a special defense with guys like Willis and Smith (all LB's are locked up through 2015, 2016 if Aldon gets the tag) than $50 million and a career on a mid-level defense. The extra $5 mil (or whatever) isn't worth it to me.

Brooks, Willis, Bowman, and Smith have a chance to do something really special here. Willis, Bowman, & Smith could probably make the hall on any team, but together they could be legends.
Ordering my Bowman jersey from my local hobby shop. Gotta represent.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Misleading. It's not done yet

lol because when the most credible breaking news guy in sports says "on the verge", it sometimes doesnt work out?

He wouldnt be reporting it unless it was as good as done.

Somebody always has to be a Debbie Downer.

I thought everyone knew that already?
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Maybe Bowman wanted to stay in SF regardless of gauranteed money but just wanted to get the most he can get. If Bowman left, he probalby woudl have gotten more money but the defense could be mediocre. Plus he wouldn't be playing next to All Pro Willis. I think Bowman may have figured the team chemistry and Willis into his decision to stay and I'm all for it!! With Harbaugh and the coaching staff and the way this defense plays, where else would you want to play?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I know it sounds crazy to pass up a few million dollars, but I would rather have $45 million and look back at a career playing on a special defense with guys like Willis and Smith (all LB's are locked up through 2015, 2016 if Aldon gets the tag) than $50 million and a career on a mid-level defense. The extra $5 mil (or whatever) isn't worth it to me.

Brooks, Willis, Bowman, and Smith have a chance to do something really special here. Willis, Bowman, & Smith could probably make the hall on any team, but together they could be legends.

Plus LB is a high risk position. Even more than other positions. A lot can happen in 550 plus days. I wonder if the injuries this weekend swayed him.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Ordering my Bowman jersey from my local hobby shop. Gotta represent.

Same here. I wasn't sure if we would be able to keep him long. That was the only reason I didn't already buy his jersey.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Plus LB is a high risk position. Even more than other positions. A lot can happen in 550 plus days. I wonder if the injuries this weekend swayed him.

I highly doubt the injuries had anything to do with his decision whatsoever. Seems to me Bowman is just a team player and didn't try to suck every dollar he could from the franchise. I'm glad the whack ass Cowboys didn't draft him (if I recall correctly, they had him rated as a 1st round talent).
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

That agent Drew Rose credits Paraag and Brian, but not Trent Baalke. I guess the contract negotiations don't involve the GM , which is interesting.
I love the structure if correct. He(Bowman) was set for a bump from his $575K base to $1.26M, but he only took up about an extra $1.6M for 2013 cap room. We almost ave $30M for 2014 cap room, before any deals for J.Smith and Whitner, plus we can save $6.6M for Rogers cut and $8.75M for Alex cut. So we are sitting pretty right now.
Bowman today said that in the end victories trumped dollar amounts.

"It's not really about money," he said. "At the end of the day, we all play this game and we get paid a good amount of money, but all in all people remember you for the wins, remember you for the team that you're a part of."

"In order for us to keep the guys we have together, we're going to have to give on each side and that's what was done. We worked together, and I wasn't mad about not getting paid more than Pat. He's my brother. We play together, play close together and we're making the same amount of money, just about. So I'm happy about it and won't lose any sleep over it."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/11/rosenhaus-if-you-want-to-keep-all-your-good-players-you-have-to-get-deals-done-now.html#storylink=cpy

I love this guy (somewhat homo)
[ Edited by Overkill on Nov 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

I highly doubt the injuries had anything to do with his decision whatsoever. Seems to me Bowman is just a team player and didn't try to suck every dollar he could from the franchise. I'm glad the whack ass Cowboys didn't draft him (if I recall correctly, they had him rated as a 1st round talent).

I'm simply amazed that this happened. Bowman clearly wants to be here, and isn't looking for the biggest possible payday.
I don't even want to think about Aldon Smith right now, but this signing certainly means we are saying goodbye to Goldson (who is clearly about the money), Rogers (who we simply can't afford), and probably Iupati. I think if we move now, we can sign A. Davis to a reasonable contract. I would hate to lose our offensive line.

The main issue is how we are going to extend Aldon. I don't want to wait until the last year of his deal. God knows what monster amount of money it's going to be.
Share 49ersWebzone