LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
soo.. many of those saying that Alex would have done the same if not better than CK are crediting Harbaugh/Roman for the offense, and they are minimizing CK's perfromance.. yet it's Harbaugh/Roman who are choosing to play CK over Alex. What's the difference? CK can through a pass over 5 yards with accuracy. He feet are also a better weapon. It gives your offense more options..and opens up the play calling. You see it in games like Minnesota or against the Giants when if what we're doing isn't working..Alex can't make things happen. What good is it having weapons like Randy Moss..Vernon..etc..if we can't fully utilize them?
Yup double standard is obvious, it's not about stats when Alex is starting but all of a sudden it is when lap is starting? Here's a stat for you , Colin's war is a perfect 100 when making throws over 20 yards, not to mention that it took Alex almost three times the amount of passes to complete as many 20+ yard passing plays as Colin in 2 1/2 starts. Kap Has proven that he can succeed at being a game manager as well as throw it down field. I'm not blindly supporting Kap but he brings something that our qbs haven't had in a while, guts. And I'll take that along with his growing pains
Originally posted by JaxinSac:
soo.. many of those saying that Alex would have done the same if not better than CK are crediting Harbaugh/Roman for the offense, and they are minimizing CK's perfromance.. yet it's Harbaugh/Roman who are choosing to play CK over Alex. What's the difference? CK can through a pass over 5 yards with accuracy. He feet are also a better weapon. It gives your offense more options..and opens up the play calling. You see it in games like Minnesota or against the Giants when if what we're doing isn't working..Alex can't make things happen. What good is it having weapons like Randy Moss..Vernon..etc..if we can't fully utilize them?

Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Yup double standard is obvious, it's not about stats when Alex is starting but all of a sudden it is when lap is starting? Here's a stat for you , Colin's war is a perfect 100 when making throws over 20 yards, not to mention that it took Alex almost three times the amount of passes to complete as many 20+ yard passing plays as Colin in 2 1/2 starts. Kap Has proven that he can succeed at being a game manager as well as throw it down field. I'm not blindly supporting Kap but he brings something that our qbs haven't had in a while, guts. And I'll take that along with his growing pains
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by JaxinSac:

Originally posted by qwestlove94:

is the emoticon a substitute for a substantive dissenting opinion?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
You're seriously playing the "what if" game???

Not really am I lying about turnovers when we are down 7 already? Is that a what if? 7 points in the first half? Can I ask something without getting jumped. Would you be satisfied with Alex if he only had 7 points at the half? I don't feel I'm being too over the top here. Again I'm not saying Kaep. played bad, but I think I am looking at this objectively.

True or false-Those were really poor plays? The interception, and the near interception? Am I wrong on that? What about the delay's of games? I can't be critical of that? Yeah, we had some excellent drives, but that shouldn't overlook certain mistakes that "could" be rather crucial later on down the road. That is a what if, but is this not a proper concern? You're not going to get away with these plays, playing playoff caliber teams. No matter whom the QB is.
is smith puts up the same exact stat line as kaep you guys want him benched. any one but alex right?
I think certain people like to prioritize the effectiveness of the offense over the defense, which is blasphemous. Yes the defense saved this game, and keep in mind it was only Kaep's second start in another big game in which he displayed GREAT composure and that pick wasn't his fault, it was because of the low snap. A couple dropped passes could've been caught and this game could've been much different(and Kaep did not play a perfect game, but his composure was what made his performance good), but nonetheless Brooks and Goldson/Whitner stole the momentum and I have absolutely no problem with our defense saving the day. A win is a win no matter how it's done, yes we need more offensive production and I guarantee Kaep will provide us with that, no doubt in my mind. We beat the Saints at their house (when they all thought revenge revenge revenge) so let's be happy with it and move on to dominating the Rams.
Originally posted by Humboldt9er:

Not really am I lying about turnovers when we are down 7 already? Is that a what if? 7 points in the first half? Can I ask something without getting jumped. Would you be satisfied with Alex if he only had 7 points at the half? I don't feel I'm being too over the top here. Again I'm not saying Kaep. played bad, but I think I am looking at this objectively.

True or false-Those were really poor plays? The interception, and the near interception? Am I wrong on that? What about the delay's of games? I can't be critical of that? Yeah, we had some excellent drives, but that shouldn't overlook certain mistakes that "could" be rather crucial later on down the road. That is a what if, but is this not a proper concern? You're not going to get away with these plays, playing playoff caliber teams. No matter whom the QB is.
is smith puts up the same exact stat line as kaep you guys want him benched. any one but alex right?
after 7 years, you've seen the ceiling on Smith. His limitations are what they are. Do you stay with someone who has limited skills..or try to upgrade?
I am a little disappointed with the offensive output, but mostly because of how many times our offense shot itself in the foot. Too many drops and dumb penalties killed drives. To be fair, a lot of the holding calls were kind of ticky tack. I also think that Kap's style is something that the offensive linemen need some time to adjust to. He moves around a lot to extend plays which is inevitably going to lead to more holding penalties. Regardless of this, I do think Kap played really well. 9 yards per passing attempt is outstanding.
Seriously the emoticon is dumb it just means " I disagree but I don't know why or have an argument so I ll just put"
^ Do any of you posting above have any criticisms of the offense on Sunday? Reasons why criticism is unfounded?

jason cole - yahoo sports reporter - was on KNBR last night and said the 49ers offense could have scored at least 10 more points had the offense pushed

we had a 10 point lead and went into a conservative mode
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Humboldt9er:

No, that's not it at all. If Smith played in a game when our run-game was stuffed from the first few series and THEN Smith still overcame by making impressive throws, then Smith would not get bashed.

Stats aren't everything. Some (not you) can roll there eyes at the term "eye test" but it's just that. When watching Smith, in most of his games, he doesn't stand out or doesn't overcome difficult circumstances which is what most refer to as "not making the players around him better".

On the other hand, Colin created some plays and then allowed his targets to get into positions to make plays and giving them that extra split second to do what they need to do in order to get the ball to them. Alex does not give that extra bit of time. He moves onto another read or checkdown or takes the sack. This is where the "eye test" shows you "robotic".

Stats tell the outcome but they don't show how they played. How they played is the "eye test". Most who think Alex should still start still agreed that Colin looks much better. They are mainly worried about personalities or sample size.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM ]
Couple of points
  • Why do so many here compare Kaepernick to perfection? And not Smith's first two starts?
  • Smith is Nolan's guy, Kaepernick is Harbaugh's.
  • 2013 Smith due 8.5 mill - Kaep .59 mill
  • Most are not happy with Smith in the red zone and on 3rd down.
  • We brought in more weapons, presuming a lack of weapons was holding Smith/Niners back from the next level.
  • Smith goes through his progressions, but always chooses the receive closest to him (lotsa 4 yd passes)
  • Harbaugh/Roman seem near genius. This is there move.
  • Smith is a great practice player, Kaep is a gamer.

Me personally I don't give a rats rear who starts if .... we just play the hot hand. Start Kap one game Smith the next. Either struggles bring in the other guy. I never understood how you can substitute every player on your team but QB. Don't mess with their rhythm. Horse puck.

Harbaugh says he wants competition at all spots. I don't recall him excluding QB in that equation.
I'm not disappointed with the way the offense played last Sunday because the Saints are a different team at home.

In fact, I am more disappointed with how this offense played against Seattle at home on the national stage. That night gotta be the worst feeling I've had in a win because the SF Giants was losing game 4 of the NLCS in a blowout. Then on he other side of the bar they're showing a punt fest game on NFL network and a qb throwing the same throw Kaepernick try at the end zone only during that time it got intercepted cleanly by Seattle. Then I check the zone and every Smith supporter had a bunch of excuses as to why it happened.
I too was not impressed with the offensive play this past weekend. Without our strong D there is no way we would have won. I am a frustrated NINER fan right now. Most fans think KAP is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. I see alot of holes in his QB skills. I am a FIRM believer that we will not go to the Super Bowl much less win it if Harbaugh continues to play KAP. ALEX SMITH gives us the best and in my opinion the only chance to get to the Super Bowl and WIN it this year. I know I am not in the majority here but I have followed and been a faithful fan for over 30 years now and I am really nervous that this QB situation is going to blow up in Harbaughs face......
Share 49ersWebzone