LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Kind of interesting to see some of you guys pick apart the Saints game and find ways to give credit to other facets of the game besides QB play for the win.

Where were you guys after the Jets game, Giants game, Minnesota game, etc making the same argument(s) against Alex when our defense had to carry us and/or Alex failed to deliver ?

At that time, it was easy to point to receivers dropping balls, not making route adjustments to prevent INTs, bad playcalling by coaches..........but now, all of that is irrelevant and your concern is that Kaep isnt NFL ready and may be the reason behind our bad offensie production.

On a side note, it's laughable if you think Alex could have made a "few more plays" than Kaep in the Saints game.

hmmm... so you are saying that there is a double standard, eh? interesting....
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Kind of interesting to see some of you guys pick apart the Saints game and find ways to give credit to other facets of the game besides QB play for the win.

Where were you guys after the Jets game, Giants game, Minnesota game, etc making the same argument(s) against Alex when our defense had to carry us and/or Alex failed to deliver ?

At that time, it was easy to point to receivers dropping balls, not making route adjustments to prevent INTs, bad playcalling by coaches..........but now, all of that is irrelevant and your concern is that Kaep isnt NFL ready and may be the reason behind our bad offensie production.

On a side note, it's laughable if you think Alex could have made a "few more plays" than Kaep in the Saints game.

hmmm... so you are saying that there is a double standard, eh? interesting....
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
The more I think about this, the more I a sorta agreeing with the premise.

• Penalties to negate big plays
  • running game not really working in first half
  • drops
  • missed field goals (although you can argue this isnt technically "offense")

All of those points are part of the offense, and they all were big issues. So all in all, yes I kind of agree that Sunday's offensive performance was substandard. I wouldnt say I am "not happy" though. All things considered, I think we did fine.

lol. You beat me to the punch. Was going to point out a few things. In addition to the above:

• Throwing for 3 yards on a 3rd and 4.
  • Delay of game/not getting the snap off.

I was not unhappy with the performance. I love watching Kaep scramble to avoid pressure. He also throws a real pretty ball.

OTT, it looked like typical 49er football to me.

biggest factor is that with these mistakes, they are not big enough to shut down our offense... compared to a AS lead offense where everything needs to be perfect
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

• drops

All of those points are part of the offense, and they all were big issues. So all in all, yes I kind of agree that Sunday's offensive performance was substandard. I wouldnt say I am "not happy" though. All things considered, I think we did fine.

lol. You beat me to the punch. Was going to point out a few things. In addition to the above:

I was not unhappy with the performance. I love watching Kaep scramble to avoid pressure. He also throws a real pretty ball.

biggest factor is that with these mistakes, they are not big enough to shut down our offense... compared to a AS lead offense where everything needs to be perfect

disagree. same impact.

• drops

.....In addition to the above:

• A BIG FAT "W"

this is all that matters right? Wins, not stats, right? So, there is a double standard....hmmmm
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Nov 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I actually have to say I like the offensive performance and here's why. We did nothing any different than we usually do at the end of the day.

The defense won that game for us. Not a negative, but we did the same with Alex, so must do the same with Kaep. He had 2 td's one for a run, one for a pass. But 2td's is about average. Except usually 2td's for passes, and maybe one run.

I dont need to go into specifics of who saw this or that, cuz anyone in here is only gonna see what they want to see on gameday.

One thing i laughed about was when everyone was talking about when Brooks scored the TD, how even tho Kaep was out on the field running and yelling, you really saw no team mates, come up and give him tons of dap. It reminded me of Shaun Hill in the past, jump around, do all the physical stuff after a score, but does it really put u over the top.

Listen, those that continue to write we win and ya'll complain,and or, why even make threads like this. I'll say just stop writing in here then. Alex got us to 6-2, and there wasnt one week, whether win or lose, that at least 5 threads werent created about this pass, not seeing this, horrible game, defense led, etc. So when someone does the same thing to Kaep dont get upset. Just take it on the chin like we've been doing with Alex.

I'm not gonna sit and knock what Kaep did again, because he played pretty good. But it wasnt this masterful thing that happened. To be put in perspective, he came in as a backup, and won the game. Nothing negative to say at all. His job is to win and he did. Thats why i dont get all this new QB talk and all that.

Starter/Captain gets hurt, backup comes in, starts every game the captain can't. The captain/starter gets well, Then the captain comes back after he's better. I mean i dont understand why it's hard to fathom or understand. But like many posters say....... This is the zone. :)

I think Kaep's most terrible pass in the game was the back shoulder attempt to Moss. But the difference is when Alex gets criticized for a pass like this, there are not many other incredible passes he throws to make up for a bad pass or a missed receiver. Kaep threw some other incredible passes Sunday which is why some of these can get over looked.

Box Score: Colin had an Alex Smith day.
Types of Throws/accuracy: Colin had a very good day

Cool whats up brotha, aint talked to u in a minute. I cant say that's accurate, but not gonna get too deep, cuz then i'll have to go into certain games, and all that. And it aint that serious.
But lemme ask u cool, and be straight up... If both Qb's pass for 225 yds (which isnt unreasonable being the yardage aint too far off. Colin long throws 4 to 5 over 20 yards, Smith long 1 to 2 throws over 20, Colin 85yds rushing, Smith 55yds, Colin 8-12 short to medium throws, Smith 10-16 short to medium throws.

What is it that we as individuals hold dear, just a new flavor, so lets go all in?

Last game, everything u could say for Smith, you could say for Kaep, without bias. 1 td, 1int, 1 rushing TD. no more than 250yds, WR/TE 1td, running game stalling, defense creates 2 td's , drops by Wr's, penalties, and not as much scoring in the second half. So Kaep played pretty good for only his second start, but a little pre-mature to start crowning him just yet.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Nov 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM ]
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
WE WON so im not trippen too much but there is always room for improvent no matter what your record says. Good win get ready for STL will be a battle.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

• drops

.....In addition to the above:

• A BIG FAT "W"

this is all that matters right? Wins, not stats, right? So, there is a double standard....hmmmm

Yes. Wins ARE all that matters. No double standard....unless you have an agenda and move the goalposts to reach a foregone conclusion. But you wouldn't do that, would you?
Well, it was a great game for the D. Terrific offensive performance from them.
Yes. Wins ARE all that matters. No double standard....unless you have an agenda and move the goalposts to reach a foregone conclusion. But you wouldn't do that, would you?

Just trying to help people be consistent

Just trying to help people be consistent

That's a novel approach. Thanks.
Originally posted by English:

Yep, to bad our offense sucks!! We should cut frank gore for not going over 100 yds, vernon and wrs for dropping balls, and for running wrong routes. who runs a three yard route when four yds are needed? seriously people need to be cut asap?

Thank god we had Kaep to pick up the slack on offense and our amazing defense

Yep, to bad our offense sucks!! We should cut frank gore for not going over 100 yds, vernon and wrs for dropping balls, and for running wrong routes. who runs a three yard route when four yds are needed? seriously people need to be cut asap?

You need to chill.
It's not the offenses fault that the defense scored TDs.

You need to chill.

Share 49ersWebzone