LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Week 12: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
That's a damn great point. We can't count on Akers bailing us out of a bad red-zone series, so being conservative in our play-calling and execution isn't going to work as well. We'll need to take more chances, be a little more daring and willing to throw in to the end zone more as opposed to checking down and settling for a FG attempt.

We don't throw in the RZ...only run

We need to contact Roman, stat!

Uh...all three of Kaeps passing TD's were in the redzone. They have been throwing quite often from there...and scoring TDs on first down.

Oh come on now Marvin...you know if CK didn't get his TD on that throw, 2 out of 3 times inside the 10 we're running the ball! LOL

The fact remains that they are still allowing the 2nd year player to throw the ball into the endzone on first down...and he's completing those passes.

Agreed! And to the original poster, we can't count on Akers anymore so perhaps that's going to help us open up more in the RZ now a little more (ala Crabtree taking off in this area esp.).

That said, and now that it pops into my mind, how many TD's have actually been thrown IN the EZ this year vs. WR/RB's getting RAC into the EZ?

Obviously, recently, Alex got one just inside to Crabtree against AZ and Crabtree tried one to Moss (Moss may have a future as a CB soon), etc.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
11. The alex smith era is officially over.

Link?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Anybody see Gore dancing after his TDs??? As long as i watched him play i have never seen him dance after scoring....he must be having the most fun hes had in a 49er uniform....good for him...

lol, i think you are right. i dont remember him dancing at all
Yeah he usually beats his chest and give ups to his mom and the lord above but yesterday he was dancing all over the saints endzone.....must have been waiting all year to play them again....

We haven't won in that place since 2002

Wow thats before he was drafted....no wonder he was so happy....hahaha good for the team
Anybody see Gore dancing after his TDs??? As long as i watched him play i have never seen him dance after scoring....he must be having the most fun hes had in a 49er uniform....good for him...

Yeah he usually beats his chest and give ups to his mom and the lord above but yesterday he was dancing all over the saints endzone.....must have been waiting all year to play them again....

Wow thats before he was drafted....no wonder he was so happy....hahaha good for the team

Yea I loved his dancing, dude looks so young right now it's amazing
I rewatched the game last night and I didn't see where Ginn hurt his wrist. After he fumbled he walked off the field clapping his hands together in frustration. If you hurt your wrist, you don't do that. If I'm not mistaken he didn't play after that fumble.

Could it be Harbaugh is spinning a benching of Ginn because Williams got hurt? Citing a nonexistent injury? In other words, If Williams remained healthy, could Ginn possibly have been benched or cut?

Perhaps you can shed some light on this.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Yea I loved his dancing, dude looks so young right now it's amazing

Competition does that to you
Found this thread at SaintsReport-
Would the outcome have been different?
We have all been hearing ad nauseum about Harbaugh going with Kaepernick over Alex Smith this past week against the Saints and will continue to hear about it all week. Do you guys think the outcome of the game would have been different if Alex Smith had started?

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/would-outcome-have-been-different-277695/
Biggest thing I noticed regarding Kaep vs Smith is how much better Kaep is deep in a down. Smith is a very efficient quarterback, who is very smart with the ball. Kaep has efficiency and ball security as strong traits as well, but he is immesurably better than Smith later in the down. Yesterday, I saw Kaep moving up in the pocket, scrambling and adjusting all while keeping his eyes downfield. It puts far more pressure on the defensive backfield, increses 3rd down conversion percentage and sustains drives, all of which ultimately result in more points.

Keeping the rest of this team constant, while adding superior play in the passing game from deeper in downs makes this team terrifying. Harbaugh is freaking amazing!

5) Goldson: I've said many, many times that he isn't my fav player, but he is having one hell of a year. He's not getting all the picks but he is blowing people up in a big way. More imporantly, he's doing it LEGALLY. He's leading with the shoulder.

don't know if this was mentioned. but i'll bet the league is gonna start looking into those hits at/below the knees. something will come of it.

this isn't towards goldson specifically. a lot of DB's are doing it. they were talking about this on NFL network also. db's have been doing this to avoid 15 yard helmet to helmet penalties by lowering your projection below the waist. this could also lead toward shortened careers.

goldson took out a jet TE on a tebow floater. that TE ended up being released because of that injury....... i remember polamalu took out VD back in '07 with a hit to the knees.

again, just saying.
Marvin49, your analysis of Kaep is right on. What he's shown so far is that he's looking for the throw downfield when the play breaks down. Here's the thing, his instincts are so fast that he runs when nothing is there. He is so much faster than the defensive linemen he plays against. On so many plays defensive players have the angles to sack him but they're left with nothing but air. I'm seeing a pattern, Luck, Alex, Kaep, is Coach a QB guru?

that was ugly dance IMHO, funny as hell!

Originally posted by ginseng1000:

that was ugly dance IMHO, funny as hell!

U shut your filthy mouth
Thanks Marvin--always appreciate your posts for there objectivity and accuracy...even when I disagree with points. CK is an explosive player and is fun to watch...hard not to like, which you can tell by his interaction with players. There are still some doubts rummaging around in my mind but they are so few now. He seems like a very clutch player but we haven't seen him in a situation yet that bears that out, no pun intended. The NO atmosphere was a great test and he handled it well.

Smith has played extremely well in numerous games this year and it's difficult for me to believe that this play would not/will not improve over the end of the season as he has historically played better in the last third each year.

So the 9ers have an embarrassment of riches at QB. My preference would be to start Smith for the rest of the year because he was playing so well and I'm a strong believer in not losing your job due to injury, unless the play is substantially better. I do not see the play of CK as better, just different.

But I respect your opinion and the opinion of many who disagree with me on this, so will be happy with whatever choice Harbaugh makes...as long as the team wins a Super Bowl.
Good recap. And it's easy to see why many niners fans are all-in on the Kaep bandwagon. Me...I like to try and step back from the style of play and look at the overall results. The superdome is a tough place to play, but the saints have the worst D in football. The niners offense had the worst yardage output of any team against the saints this year. They scored 17 points in 10 drives. And only a very heads-up play by Randy Moss kept it from being a very different game.
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
Good recap. And it's easy to see why many niners fans are all-in on the Kaep bandwagon. Me...I like to try and step back from the style of play and look at the overall results. The superdome is a tough place to play, but the saints have the worst D in football. The niners offense had the worst yardage output of any team against the saints this year. They scored 17 points in 10 drives. And only a very heads-up play by Randy Moss kept it from being a very different game.

I don't agree with this line of thinking. If the Niners weren't up by double digits, they would have been calling plays different. They could have scored more.
Share 49ersWebzone