LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Should Harbaugh bring in another kicker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Harbaugh bring in another kicker?

Ill be worried down the stretch if I was the 49ers. Akers use to be reliable, replacement should be considered.
He's been horrid this year. I don't trust him at all from his performances the last few games especially.
Imagine being in a close game against the Giants and Eli Manning with this kicker....
Originally posted by BobS:
With Kaepernick the place kicker is not going to be as important.

Really because we tried 3 today
I don't think anyone wil replace him this year barring injury.we should use a late round pick.on a.kicker and have him.battle against Akers .
[ Edited by E-49er on Nov 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Janitor:
Not this season, causes too many problems. In the off-season yeah.

In the off-season after losing a playoff game or worse, The SuperBowl.
Two words for sir.
Scott Norwood.
If for no other reason but to let him know they are not happy with his play. If it is a head thing nothing is going to help him. He is pushing many left which would indicate he is not following all the way thru the ball
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Not this season, causes too many problems. In the off-season yeah.

In the off-season after losing a playoff game or worse, The SuperBowl.
Two words for sir.
Scott Norwood.

I don't know.if we have cap room to cut him and sign someone.
I think it is time for a tryout, just in case.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I think it is time for a tryout, just in case.

With who?

Akers has lost his damn mind. We need help. If that means a new kicker...so be it.
We've won so many games by field goals, that we can't afford to lose a close game on a FG miss. We would be 9-2 if Akers doesn't miss. The other misses haven't directly resulted in loses, however, should we really wait? Something is up, his kicks all fade to the right and once he corrects it, they seem to be pulled hard right. Weather or not it's mental or physical, he has to go. Best players play. Players that help a team win, not cost them.
I just honestly want to know what is wrong with Akers right now. We had him nicknamed as Money last season and early this season. It's like he just forgot that he was supposed to put the ball between the uprights. Hopefully he will work through it cause when hes on hes on!
I'd start trying out other kickers. Even if there is no intention to actually replace Akers, I want him to fear for his job. Find out if he ups his game when his job is on the line. He's been terrible this year. It could cost us in the post-season when points will be at a premium.
was the blocked kick his fault?
Share 49ersWebzone