LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 416 users in the forums

Should Harbaugh bring in another kicker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Harbaugh bring in another kicker?

Not feeling super confident in Akers at the moment.

I know he can be amazing but I really hope he picks his game up the rest of the season.
what a s**t year from akers

big disappointment
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
was the blocked kick his fault?

I wouldn't count that his fault, looked like defender came in unblocked...and even ran into Akers leg, should've been a penalty.
It's not a penalty if you get the ball first I don't think. Either way the whole kicking unit is bad right now. This isn't the first block right? We need to get Akers leg and mind right. get to work brad.
Too late , we lost to the rams because of him, or should I say should have won
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
was the blocked kick his fault?

The trajectory did seem a little low, but I haven't watched the replay. Either way, he has blown a handful of kicks that would be considered easy for a professional kicker this year, so I don't feel like it even matters if it was his fault or not.
The coaching staff has constantly showed faith in him....I really do hope he gets it together. I mean, I don't expect him to make 50 yard FGs all the time but at least let the ball be headed in the right direction.

Joe Nedney...yes him...I'm sure he can still hit anything 45 and under. Can't say I'm confident that Akers can later this year.

anyway, Joe still lives in the area and does a few 9er shows I believe. Worse case scenario, bring him out of retirement. He was money for us before we moved on to Akers.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Afrikan:
The coaching staff has constantly showed faith in him....I really do hope he gets it together. I mean, I don't expect him to make 50 yard FGs all the time but at least let the ball be headed in the right direction.

Joe Nedney...yes him...I'm sure he can still hit anything 45 and under. Can't say I'm confident that Akers can later this year.

anyway, Joe still lives in the area and does a few 9er shows I believe. Worse case scenario, bring him out of retirement. He was money for us before we moved on to Akers.

I think that ankle injury ended his career, not sure he can kick right anymore.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
Where is that Georgio Tavareallylongname guy?

That guy missed PAT's at CAL on the norm.

PASS
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have a sick feeling Akers is gonna cost us a playoff game.

You aren't finding a better kicker at this point. But the 49ers have some huge leverage when it comes to negotiating. They can draft a guy in the 6th or 7th round and renegotiate Akers contract to have his cap number for next year lowered.
Yes. At the very least, I'd like to see us draft a kicker.
We will be in a situation at some point where it will come back to bite us. I do not want to wait any longer. If there are any guys that we can bring in to even light a fire under Akers behind I think we should. Now thinking of it, it already has bitten us hard, the Rams game (not the reason we tied/should have lost, but def one of the reasons why we didn't win).
I am officially worried. What's Jose Cortez up to?
I wonder if Akers is hurt. He seems like he's limping around sometimes after plays. Maybe we can get a fill in and he can get right?
Share 49ersWebzone