There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any update on Walker, Hunter, and Williams??

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
ouch

lost two valuable members of our team, especilly hunter...

FML

Fortunately we have quality depth at WR and RB. We're going to be fine.
Originally posted by susweel:
It was kind of funny that KW and KH both used the injury cart at the same time.

of course you would.
man I'm pretty devestated about Hunter! wasn't worried that much about KW with Ginn around to return punts and Cox can back him up and at WR we have plenty so I wasn't crushed but Hunter out for the year! this is awful news, he was a great back and our future starter IMO. Now we have to rely on Jacobs and LMJ to get it done. I really don't want to lose that dynamic of our offense of a good change of pace back so I pray LMJ is ready and JH is willing to play him. At least we have the depth and Jewel H can be brought up to the 53 also but damn this is a drag!
Torn Achilles for hunter? FUUUUUUUUU
Damn... when I heard it was a season ending injury, I was hoping it would be just an ankle fracture that will heal in 6 weeks. Achilles tears have far worse prognosis for an athlete requiring explosive quickness.
Even in the best case scenario of a partial tear (rather than a complete rupture requiring surgery), the tendon will still remain weaker after healing, prone to future rupture.
I hope for his sake that he can recover his explosive quickness.

Originally posted by Jakemall:

I didn't think it was too funny.

not the fact that they got hurt but the fact it happened on the same play and they rode the cart at the same time. just never seen that happen before.
Wow, no players have been lost for the season the whole year, and then two major players go down on the SAME PLAY. WTF!!!

Also, they are both backups at the kick return position which means we are, once again, vulnerable to losing in the playoffs because of muffed kicks.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM ]
not the fact that they got hurt but the fact it happened on the same play and they rode the cart at the same time. just never seen that happen before.

That isn't funny.
Horrible, I am shocked... instead of a sprained ankle and a knee sprain we have 2 season ending injuries where they will be lucky to be back at full strength by next year. Hopefully AJ can step in and somewhat fill Kyle's shoes. Jacobs looked like he was running hard and should get a lot more carries with LMJ and maybe Dixon. Glad we still got Frank (no jinx). This is why we have depth and that's what you need if you want to make a super bowl run. Hopefully Jacobs realizes what an ass he has been and makes us forgive him with his play.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I didn't think it was too funny.

Not funny at ALL.
I hate losing Hunter, he is that change of pace back that really helps Gore. The key will be keeping Gore fresh and not overworked, so some combination of Jacobs, James and Dixon has to replace what Hunter gave us. I think it will still work but no more injuries please.
I think the the time has come...

check out how they use him in plenty of read option plays...hmm.
If Adrian Peterson and Suggs can come back from similar injuries, then hunter and williams can, respectively. Williams is a workout warrior and will be back no problem. Hunter Im sure will recover also.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
If Adrian Peterson and Suggs can come back from similar injuries, then hunter and williams can, respectively. Williams is a workout warrior and will be back no problem. Hunter Im sure will recover also.

just sucks that it won't be till next season.
freaking dirty ass saints team!!!