LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Above Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Where can we rank Harbaugh right now in regards to Head coaches in the NFL? Who is above him?
Winning a Super Bowl seems to be the line that separates the best from the rest.

At this point, Bellichek, Coughlin, are definite. Maybe McCarthy and the guy from the Saints [out of sight out of mind - forget his name]. Fisher is in consideration BUT still too tell.
If I was considering age and starting a team now for the future I don't think anyone would be ahead of him. If I am taking guys in their prime so age isn't a factor it would be Belichick and possibly Coughlin. Payton, Tomlin and McCarthy are arguable but not sure I would take them over Harbaugh.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Nobody
Only Belichick due to his lengthy track record. I'd take Harbaugh over anyone else.
Ken Whisenhunt
He could be the next belichick or he could be the next Reid/Fisher type and be good but never win it all
NOOOOOOOOOOOBODY!!!!
Chip Kelley
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Nov 23, 2012 at 3:22 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
He could be the next belichick or he could be the next Reid/Fisher type and be good but never win it all

Pretty much.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Only Belichick due to his lengthy track record. I'd take Harbaugh over anyone else.

I tend to agree, but Coughlin did out coach him in their last meeting.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Ken Whisenhunt
haha that cracked me up
Originally posted by fly15:
Nobody

I'm with you
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If I was considering age and starting a team now for the future I don't think anyone would be ahead of him. If I am taking guys in their prime so age isn't a factor it would be Belichick and possibly Coughlin. Payton, Tomlin and McCarthy are arguable but not sure I would take them over Harbaugh.

McCarthy does not belong up there. They have a great amount of talent and a truly special talent at QB, but overall I think he makes bad decisions from time to time, and they don't seem to be able to change their gameplans on the fly. If they are not able to pass at will, they lose.

I am not saying he is a bad coach or anything, he is still one of the better ones, but not in the other guys range
Jims dad...lol...noooooobody...
Share 49ersWebzone