LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Above Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. Belicheck--has to be in the top 5 coaches of all time.
2. Coughlin--Jacksonville was good way back under Coughlin, nothing since, Giants 2 Super Bowl wins--beat Belicheck twice.
3. Harbaugh---he has to win a Super Bowl though to stay at # 3.
4. McCarthy or Payton--the other being # 5.

John Harbaugh and the Atlanta coach, Kubiak, Fisher in St Louis, Shanahan round out the top 10.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
2. Coughlin--Jacksonville was good way back under Coughlin, nothing since, Giants 2 Super Bowl wins--beat Belicheck twice.

John Harbaugh and the Atlanta coach, Kubiak, Fisher in St Louis, Shanahan round out the top 10.

Belicheck couldn't coach for crap until he got Brady.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Belicheck couldn't coach for crap until he got Brady.

1994: 11-5 2008: 11-5 both without Brady. Also look back at great coaches... They usually have great QB's
Originally posted by fly15:
Nobody

"NOBODY" As much as many fans of others teams hate on Jim ( I troll(read) many boards-without saying a word) I understand how many fans from other teams hate him because they wanted Jim to "PICK US" when he left Stanford. Many hate him (IMO) because they fear him. Jim Harbaugh may not be the second coming of Bill Walsh but he is a threat to the fan base of other teams. So many hate on Jim because they wish they had him as a head coach. Seattle Seahawks fans are a perfect example.
Im sorry I took a shot at the Seahawk fans. My bad.
Originally posted by Jcool:
1994: 11-5 2008: 11-5 both without Brady. Also look back at great coaches... They usually have great QB's

HE RECORDED THE OTHER TEAM!!!!! END OF STORY!!!
Originally posted by Jcool:

HE RECORDED THE OTHER TEAM!!!!! END OF STORY!!!
Harbaugh like every other head coach present and past will be and has been judged by win-lose record and Lombardi's. Harbaugh is definitely on the right track. THAT IS ALL!
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

Coughlin turned an expansion team into a contender.
Harbaugh has had the Midas tough everywhere he's ever been a head coach.
McCarthy has been pretty good.
Payton has proven his importance to the Saints.

All of those coaches have been good everywhere they've ever been; EXCEPT for Belichick, who had a losing record with the Browns, and a losing season with the Patriots the year before Brady. And then there was spy-gate. But he had that one year with Matt Cassel, so ya, that obviously proves he's better than all of those other coaches who have won everywhere they have ever been.
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
According NFL.harbaugh has created the perfect environment for they QBs..... They had flourished under he system......really?...sorry zoners ..but is true Smith should be aware of that, I think,this is the first time of a QB is benched having one of the best completion percentage in nfl...even if Smith plays ,he will be playing for another team in 2013 thank you Alex. you gave all you could...

Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
According NFL.harbaugh has created the perfect environment for they QBs..... They had flourished under he system......really?...sorry zoners ..but is true Smith should be aware of that, I think,this is the first time of a QB is benched having one of the best completion percentage in nfl...even if Smith plays ,he will be playing for another team in 2013 thank you Alex. you gave all you could...

The completion percentage means crap. It really means crap when 90% of the completions were for under 10 yards and didn't ever turn into 1st downs. His 3rd down percentage is what people should be bringing up about Alex Smith!
Andy Reed
Share 49ersWebzone