There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 11: Thoughts after rewatching the game (twice)...

Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
Originally posted by susweel:
I agree with your assessment of CK but i think its too early to declare him the next superstar. When it comes to QBs I like to use the ten game theory.

Woooow.....at least one zoner is making sense is just one game.....he play against rams...and he did crap.....now everyone think is the new starter....cmon....I waiting for the comparison with Brady,Montana,aikman etc...I remember Matt Flynn having a monster game last year when packers rested Rodgers.so he went to Seattle as a saviour......where is he at?....Matt Casey lead the patriots for a few games....he went to chiefs as a new super star....where is he at.....right now....all you have to do is have a few wins and fans think you are the new Montana...cmon....ppl...

Uh...I'm pretty sure I said it was just one start.....and its Matt Cassel. Nobody is saying he's the new Montana.

BTW, he did alot better than "crap" against the Rams.
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
I agree with your assessment of CK but i think its too early to declare him the next superstar. When it comes to QBs I like to use the ten game theory.

Woooow.....at least one zoner is making sense is just one game.....he play against rams...and he did crap.....now everyone think is the new starter....cmon....I waiting for the comparison with Brady,Montana,aikman etc...I remember Matt Flynn having a monster game last year when packers rested Rodgers.so he went to Seattle as a saviour......where is he at?....Matt Casey lead the patriots for a few games....he went to chiefs as a new super star....where is he at.....right now....all you have to do is have a few wins and fans think you are the new Montana...cmon....ppl...
Kaep: 15 for 25, 186 yards
Combined stats: Rams and 2nd half against Bears
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 99problems:
dude did u really already watch it twice again?
bro that has to be time consuming lol but thanks for the threads good reads.

I was up till 3 AM.

You set a precedence Marvin - We love your analyses but now we all look forward to it and expect it after the games. I personally look forward to your post! Thank you for all your hard work
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
One thing that made actually laugh out loud was that 3-card montey shift on the first half running play. I believe Gruden called it a carosel. You could see the Bears D panic as 3 guys in the back field run around and circles and settle in completely different spots just before the snap.

Ha me too! That was awesome! Also loved the 4th and 1 when they sent leonard Davis in motion!! Good stuff! GO NINERS!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
One other thing...did i ever mentinon that Aldon Smith is a BEAST!!! This kid is going to be a HOF if he keeps it up. When we drafted him, I was like who the f**k is Aldon Smith...and now i know

Did you all see that block by Frank the Tank on that middle LB? That was awesome!!!
They WON'T come out flat in January.

We will see.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Best statement in your review...

"Kaep is going to struggle at times and he is going to turn the ball over. It was just one start and alot of players have looked really good for one game, but the accuracy with which he threw the ball, the calmness in which he played, and the way he was able to find his second and third recievers wa sincredible for a second year player on Monday Night Football against THAT defense."

I'll try not to have high hopes, but the deep passes Kaep threw (i.e. K. Williams, etc.) was beautiful...something I enjoyed seeing last night. I still think AS is the starter, but it's hard not contemplating resting him and going with CK again next week.

Matt Flynn and Kevin Kolb approve this post.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Well of course. I'm just sayin' he looked that good last night.

yes he did. I think he exceeded everyones expectations last night.
He FAR exceeded mine. We so excited.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Beyond Kaep, and Aldon's insane showing last night was Navorro Bowman... when I saw him run 80 yards up the field on special teams to 'truck f**k' Hester, I literally s**t all over my f**king balls. -Last player I saw saw do something similar to that was Patrick Willis (when he chased down that Cardinals WR in his week one rookie start on MNF), it's just unreal.

Um... literally? Ew.

Yea looks like that statement got away from him.
Lets see who eats crow
.......im looking forward fellow....ooooohh I almost forgot...tolzien was brought to niners after playing niners
in pre season...is he still and the roster Nov 20, 2012 Paul_HoferVeteranPosts: 1,286Originally posted by 49ercrusher:Originally posted by susweel:I agree with your assessment of CK but i think its too early to declare him the next superstar. When it comes to QBs I like to use the ten game theory.Woooow.....at least one zoner is making sense is just one game.....he play against rams...and he did crap.....now everyone think is the new starter....cmon....I waiting for the comparison with Brady,Montana,aikman etc...I remember Matt Flynn having a monster game last year when packers rested Rodgers.so he went to Seattle as a saviour......where is he at?....Matt Casey lead the patriots for a few games....he went to chiefs as a new super star....where is he at.....right now....all you have to do is have a few wins and fans think you are the new Montana...cmon....ppl...

Kaep: 15 for 25, 186 yardsCombined stats: Rams and 2nd half against BearsReport
[ Edited by 49ercrusher on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM ]
Alex is the starter IMO. Lets see 2 weeks ago Alex went 18-19 then went 7-8 before leaving the game. Anytime someone has a great game fans go crazy. I remember a few yrs back when guys were saying to franchise Troy Smith. CALM DOWN!!!!! Now I do think that this a Superbowl or bust season for Alex, he is not going to get the 7mil in April without a SB ring.
can't agree more with conclusion on the lbers

maybe best 4 ever

I hoped smith was Tim Harris like....did not this level of production
Thanks, you have the first post I look for the day after the game.
Definitely agree about Brooks. The guy gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves this year. Until this week PFF even had him rated as a more disruptive pass rusher on the season than Aldon. Combine that with his knack for knocking down passes, and dominant tackling like our ILB's, and this guy is a star. Easy to see how he gets lost with the 3 other LB's though, because a lot of the work he does doesn't show up on the stat sheet.
Where's the love for Patrick Willis? That play he made on Forte towards the end of the game sent a vibration through the tv into my toes and up my body. He destroyed an offensive linemen and took Forte down all in one motion!