There are 220 users in the forums

Week 11: Thoughts after rewatching the game (twice)...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
I agree with your assessment of CK but i think its too early to declare him the next superstar. When it comes to QBs I like to use the ten game theory.

I want to see consistent play 3 straight games. That usually gives you an idea of where the level of play will generally be from that QB.
:These guys are downright historic....Aldon, Patrick, Navorro, and Ahmad. I need a poster to put on my wall. "

Welp, the world is definitely coming to an end, because we have the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Aldon, Kaep, Cully, Hunter, Miller... what a draft.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Right!

And I'm getting excited about our 2012 draft, both Jenkins and James really make sense with Kaep. Maybe Baalke actually does know what he's doing.
I can understand why you watched it twice, Marvin. And I agree with everything you write.

Maybe the Bears are a bit overrated. Maybe their division isn't as strong as in previous years. Chilo Rachal and Gabe Carmini are weak. And Jason Campbell just doesn't have it.

For the most part, CK got great pass protection, but he protected the ball well the one time he got blindly sacked. Much better than against the Rams. Most of his throws were to the outside and against a man defense. In the preseason his INTs were mostly throws over the middle into a zone D, something he didn't face last night. I hope Alex recovers soon, but I would like to see Kap next week in the dome.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Right!

And I'm getting excited about our 2012 draft, both Jenkins and James really make sense with Kaep. Maybe Baalke actually does know what he's doing.

I think our future always centered around us getting a QB who can air it out (and play like a natural QB; which also explains the move on Manning), and rely upon speed; Kaep will probably inherit the best offense in the NFC next year (ala Aaron Rodgers in 2008), and will produce MVP numbers if all goes well.
Great read.
The bears QUIT at half-time!

I have never seen that before, they came out and started using timeouts when they were down 27-0. They also kept running the ball in the 4th quarter knowing they were down. The biggest surprise was when they jumped offsides to give us the first down because they didn't want the ball back, they would rather watch us kneal on it!

If this was a UFC fight it would be safe to say that we made the bears TAP OUT!
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
Woooow.....at least one zoner is making sense is just one game.....he play against rams...and he did crap.....now everyone think is the new starter....cmon....I waiting for the comparison with Brady,Montana,aikman etc...I remember Matt Flynn having a monster game last year when packers rested Rodgers.so he went to Seattle as a saviour......where is he at?....Matt Casey lead the patriots for a few games....he went to chiefs as a new super star....where is he at.....right now....all you have to do is have a few wins and fans think you are the new Montana...cmon....ppl...

You must have been watching a different Rams game. What I saw was that Kaepernick was put in the game cold with a 7 point disadvantage, and while the last two drives in the first half ended in punts, as did the first of the second half. He then proceeded to lead drives ending in TD, TD and FG. Noting that the second TD put the 49ers ahead and the FG was a drive that started with 1:06 on the clock that enabled the 49ers to tie the game and force overtime. Note also that the first possession he lead in over time put the 49ers in place for a reasonable FG attempt.

Also keep in mind that since he was not expected to play he did not get first team snaps in preparation for that game, unlike this game where he got to practice with the first team offense and got to practice the game plan. Makes quite a difference.
[ Edited by rdc1 on Nov 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM ]
Thanks Marv, I really look forward to your posts after every game. Man, that's a lot of work on your part.

Here are my thoughts.

1). It seemed that nobody on our team had a bad game. It was that some of the guys had great games.

2).

Sorry about that.

2). HUGE props to the OLine. Their pass protection was awesome.

3). Many, many good blocks BUT my favorite was Gore flattening Briggs.

4). Kap was awesome AND my favorite aspect was him hitting receivers in stride. This hasn't happened for years and years.

5).
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
who else thinks Smith would've missed that TD to crabs?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

that and no way he would have made that completion to a*****e Kyle Williams.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

that and no way he would have made that completion to a*****e Kyle Williams.

or even thought about throwing that ball to Vernon in triple coverage with 2 linebackers in his face....
What about that pass to KW - awesome!
Share 49ersWebzone