There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD

Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for Aacadena.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
Kaepernick - 16/25 240 yards, would've been more if not for the dropped passes and stupid penalties. The refs calling Crabtree down when he was still up, Vernon's dropped 20 yard pass, holding on Crabtree's 30 yard catch and run. I mean come on!

This performance was amazing, Kaepernick made throws Alex would never dream of making, and would've easily had over 300 yards passing. Also, Kaepernick looks like a master of getting away from pressure, Alex would've been sacked at least 4 times.

And do not forget, this is only his second start! Even his one interception should not have happened because he was getting low snaps all game and that one hit the ground!

I am starting to think that some people are just mad he is not white, especially those who would prefer Scott Tolzien over him.

Or maybe they're just in love with Alex.
Seriously you just pulled the race card? Look, its a fan discussion forum, people have a right to their views, we all see things in different ways and express it so, some people thought starting Kaepernick was a horrible idea while others it could some more explosiveness to the offense, I'm in the latter boat but there are certainly strengths and weaknesses of each quarterback and it is worthwhile to debate them.
so the defense scored 14 pts cuz we have a semi black qb? wtf does race to do with our victory? pretty sure the saints look at a loss the same way , maybe just maybe fans prefer an qb with experience in a hostile enviroment, with less to do with his color?
Jacobs had a good run as well called back
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by dugo:
Any new news on Williams and Hunter ?

No but my guess would be Hunter should be back this week or the week after. Probably just a rolled up ankle. Maybe a sprain. Williams might have a sprained knee which I don't know might be 4-5 weeks if not longer but those are total guesses. At worst it's an MCL which is about that time or an ACL which would end his season. I'd guess a sprain for now.

Thanks bro..hate to lose them for the season we've been able to escape major injuries ,,,,knock on wood !!!
NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The win is all that matters. And how sweet it is. A win over a hot Saints team in their own home. Bootiful.
Kaepernick - 16/25 240 yards, would've been more if not for the dropped passes and stupid penalties. The refs calling Crabtree down when he was still up, Vernon's dropped 20 yard pass, holding on Crabtree's 30 yard catch and run. I mean come on!

This performance was amazing, Kaepernick made throws Alex would never dream of making, and would've easily had over 300 yards passing. Also, Kaepernick looks like a master of getting away from pressure, Alex would've been sacked at least 4 times.

And do not forget, this is only his second start! Even his one interception should not have happened because he was getting low snaps all game and that one hit the ground!

I am starting to think that some people are just mad he is not white, especially those who would prefer Scott Tolzien over him.

Originally posted by billbird2111:
NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The win is all that matters. And how sweet it is. A win over a hot Saints team in their own home. Bootiful.

Could have stopped their playoff chances lol
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Seriously you just pulled the race card? Look, its a fan discussion forum, people have a right to their views, we all see things in different ways and express it so, some people thought starting Kaepernick was a horrible idea while others it could some more explosiveness to the offense, I'm in the latter boat but there are certainly strengths and weaknesses of each quarterback and it is worthwhile to debate them.
so the defense scored 14 pts cuz we have a semi black qb? wtf does race to do with our victory? pretty sure the saints look at a loss the same way , maybe just maybe fans prefer an qb with experience in a hostile enviroment, with less to do with his color?

Your post is so confusing, I cannot tell if it you are agreeing with me or not. lol
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Jacobs had a good run as well called back

Yep, L.Davis got in there for like a play or two if that and he commits a hold. Jacobs had a nice hard fought run and maybe he gets some carries if Hunter is out next week. Davis will be gone after this year. Hopefully Looney is ready for that role. but yeah, we had another penalty that cost us 40 (30 for crabtree plus back 10) and a lot of other ones that cost us big...

Also, mentioned this back a few pages but did anyone else notice how many low snaps Goodwin has been having. Looked like 4 plus this game a lone.
I was sure when the schedule came out that we would lose at least one of these past two games. Awesome to beat the Bears and the Saints in back-to-back weeks.

GO NINERS!!
AJ Jenkins, hope you're ready to play.
f**k the saints. I hope we ended their playoff chances.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
f**k the saints. I hope we ended their playoff chances.

I'm all for this.
Wow. I think people are looking at Kaepernick through some ridiculous love-goggles () and failing to judge him objectively.

His overall performance was good, but his complete body of work today did nothing to distinguish him CLEARLY above Smith as a guy who should be starting for the rest of the season.

Kaepernick is awesome, but he played the worst defense in the NFL. Let's look at the positive versus negative:

Positive:
-Speed put pressure on defense and his running was got us some first downs and a TD.
-Bigger arm allowed him to fit in some of the intermediate throws better.
-He displayed the fact that he is a right-hander that can roll left and find receivers perhaps better than any other QB in the league.

Negatives:
-He had multiple delay of game penalties
-He had an ugly fade that was nearly a 100-yard pick 6.
-He had an INT straight to a defender because he didn't use his eyes and blindly threw a pass that an experienced QB wouldn't have.

Other notes:
-We played the worst defense in the entire NFL and scored less offensive points than the opponent.

Overall, B+ game from Colin. But not enough to win me over yet.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wow. I think people are looking at Kaepernick through some ridiculous love-goggles () and failing to judge him objectively.

His overall performance was good, but his complete body of work today did nothing to distinguish him CLEARLY above Smith as a guy who should be starting for the rest of the season.

Kaepernick is awesome, but he played the worst defense in the NFL. Let's look at the positive versus negative:

Positive:
-Speed put pressure on defense and his running was got us some first downs and a TD.
-Bigger arm allowed him to fit in some of the intermediate throws better.
-He displayed the fact that he is a right-hander that can roll left and find receivers perhaps better than any other QB in the league.

Negatives:
-He had multiple delay of game penalties
-He had an ugly fade that was nearly a 100-yard pick 6.
-He had an INT straight to a defender because he didn't use his eyes and blindly threw a pass that an experienced QB wouldn't have.

Other notes:
-We played the worst defense in the entire NFL and scored less offensive points than the opponent.

Overall, B+ game from Colin. But not enough to win me over yet.

Ill agree with most of what you said, but the refs also killed some drives with stupid calls, and there were a couple of bad drops on well thrown balls.
Obviously, the race part was a very very small part of my argument, and you probably did not read the "some people" and "especially" part. To be honest, I have heard people say that a quarterback is supposed to be white, so my point is still valid.

I honestly did not see anything bad that Kaepernick did, it was a near flawless performance. The interception he threw, like I said, was 50% on the center, who was delivering low snaps all game.

Does the center throw the ball?