There are 261 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/11/22/smith-practicing-in-non-contact-jersey-amid-report-hes-been-cleared-to-play-sunday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Word.

It will be interesting to see what happens if he is cleared before sunday since CK's been gettin the first team reps.

It would be dumb not to stick with Kaep, Alex may be experienced, but you want the guy who had gained the most important reps in practice. -Still don't think Al starts until St. Louis (if he does).
The saint officially have the worst defense in the league... Last against the run. 31st against the pass. Going against our def, we should win this handily. Kaep should be able to have his way with this.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/11/22/smith-practicing-in-non-contact-jersey-amid-report-hes-been-cleared-to-play-sunday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Word.

It will be interesting to see what happens if he is cleared before sunday since CK's been gettin the first team reps.

It would be dumb not to stick with Kaep, Alex may be experienced, but you want the guy who had gained the most important reps in practice. -Still don't think Al starts until St. Louis (if he does).

Disagree on all points. Alex doesnt need the reps with the first team; he's played enough snaps under center to go into a game with limited practice. Two, IF the Niners do go with Kaep, the Alex Smith era is over. No way Harbaugh can expect to play the QB caroussel for the rest of the season and expect this team to be a serious playoff contender. And if he decides to swap QBs between games, or worse DURING games, we've doomed our entire season.

I just dont get Harbaugh here. Kaep is definitely the future, but Alex DESERVES to finish this season off. Give him his fair shot to win it all. If he cant get it done, then Im all for making Kaep the full time starter in 2013.

Ive dished out a fair deal of criticism for Alex his entire career, but this is NOT the way to do it.
I hope Kaep goes off so the Alex excuse makers can shut their pie hole. Its ridiculous how you keep backing a guy who plays it safe and
doesn't have the raw ability or confidence to take to chances. Average does not win you the SuperBowl. You need very good or great!
Average does NOT CUT IT. The QB's who have won a Superbowl still in the league the last 8 seasons are Brady, Brees, Rogers, Eli Manning,
Peyton Manning and Roethlisberger. So you telling me Alex is even close to any of those guys. You must be outta your mind! Kaep
can be great but he has got to play. That's why they moved up to get him. Stop deluding yourself! Alex is not a #1 and never has been.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
I hope Kaep goes off so the Alex excuse makers can shut their pie hole. Its ridiculous how you keep backing a guy who plays it safe and
doesn't have the raw ability or confidence to take to chances. Average does not win you the SuperBowl. You need very good or great!
Average does NOT CUT IT. The QB's who have won a Superbowl still in the league the last 8 seasons are Brady, Brees, Rogers, Eli Manning,
Peyton Manning and Roethlisberger. So you telling me Alex is even close to any of those guys. You must be outta your mind! Kaep
can be great but he has got to play. That's why they moved up to get him. Stop deluding yourself! Alex is not a #1 and never has been.

What's kinda sad is I get a vibe from some of these posters that they are strictly Alex fans, not niner fans.

A true fan of the team doesn't care witch QB starts as long as the team wins.

Some of these peeps come across like they are only happy if we keep winning with Alex.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Word.

Disagree on all points. Alex doesnt need the reps with the first team; he's played enough snaps under center to go into a game with limited practice. Two, IF the Niners do go with Kaep, the Alex Smith era is over. No way Harbaugh can expect to play the QB caroussel for the rest of the season and expect this team to be a serious playoff contender. And if he decides to swap QBs between games, or worse DURING games, we've doomed our entire season.

I just dont get Harbaugh here. Kaep is definitely the future, but Alex DESERVES to finish this season off. Give him his fair shot to win it all. If he cant get it done, then Im all for making Kaep the full time starter in 2013.

Ive dished out a fair deal of criticism for Alex his entire career, but this is NOT the way to do it.

I agree, but what happens if we failed vs the sinners with Alex as our qb.... it can get ugly
I dunno. I personally don't think Alex DESERVES anything.

Did Dix deserve to keep his spot over hunter?

Did Spencer deserve to keep his spot over T Brown?

It's coach's job to put the best players on the field.

Now im not sayin that is AS or CK. That's for JH to decide.

But neither DESERVES anything. There spot needs to be earned just like every other player on the team.
We will get stops and turnovers, but can the Saints stop us? Can they stop our run? Can they stop our QBs from using their legs to extend plays and keep our rcvrs from getting open? Will they have to load up the box to stop our run with an 8 man front? When they do, will they be able to hold up in man coverage? I think our defense gets stops and their defense gets trounced. 49ers 31 - 20
It seems like when we are coming off a big win, we come out flat. I hope that doesn't happen this game. We need to keep this momentum up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

Originally posted by jonr422000:
It seems like when we are coming off a big win, we come out flat. I hope that doesn't happen this game. We need to keep this momentum up.

Yeah, and this is fueling experts to pick against us (no matter which QB starts); this reminds me a lot of our game against the Giants, where everybody picked us to win cause they thought we'd exact 'our' revenge, same thing is happening now with the Saints.

What's kinda sad is I get a vibe from some of these posters that they are strictly Alex fans, not niner fans.

Some of these peeps come across like they are only happy if we keep winning with Alex.

Is this post serious
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
They should be announcing who the starter is today.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Is this post serious

That post may have come off a lil wrong.

This truly isn't an issue until Alex is fully cleared to play and Harbaugh makes a decision either way.

I also understand how fans can be emotionally invested in certain players, especially one with a story like Alex's. Sorry if that offended.

But it's really a moot point until Alex and Kaep are both at full health and then a decision is made.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
My penis is really tingling. It's a special tingle since Kap is starting. The penis see's, Niners 27-12.
Share 49ersWebzone