LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 218 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
I hope Kaep goes off so the Alex excuse makers can shut their pie hole. Its ridiculous how you keep backing a guy who plays it safe and
doesn't have the raw ability or confidence to take to chances. Average does not win you the SuperBowl. You need very good or great!
Average does NOT CUT IT. The QB's who have won a Superbowl still in the league the last 8 seasons are Brady, Brees, Rogers, Eli Manning,
Peyton Manning and Roethlisberger. So you telling me Alex is even close to any of those guys. You must be outta your mind! Kaep
can be great but he has got to play. That's why they moved up to get him. Stop deluding yourself! Alex is not a #1 and never has been.

What's kinda sad is I get a vibe from some of these posters that they are strictly Alex fans, not niner fans.

A true fan of the team doesn't care witch QB starts as long as the team wins.

Some of these peeps come across like they are only happy if we keep winning with Alex.
if it is, its probably about five people, i could say the same thing about people who really like ck but i will not because i explain that in my last post
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
I dunno. I personally don't think Alex DESERVES anything.

Did Dix deserve to keep his spot over hunter?

Did Spencer deserve to keep his spot over T Brown?

It's coach's job to put the best players on the field.

Now im not sayin that is AS or CK. That's for JH to decide.

But neither DESERVES anything. There spot needs to be earned just like every other player on the team.
what he did last year, what he did in camp alex with no contract, with the way he has been a great team mate , clas act and leader and with the way he has played in most of our games this year,, alex does deserve a opportunity to start and play. come on
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by mayo49:
My penis is really tingling. It's a special tingle since Kap is starting. The penis see's, Niners 27-12.

I didn't realize a penis can tingle? I only heard women say these things about their vagina. Anyways. 49ers will be in a tough game should the defense let down. I see a Kaepernick who puts up 3 touchdowns and the 49ers win a close one 30 -24.
mayo has an amazing penis that can multi task.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Whitner just spilled the beans.... Kap was told early in the week he was the starter

Excited to see what the offense can do with CK, but I just think Alex should start for now. A young QB in New Orleans scares me.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Whitner just spilled the beans.... Kap was told early in the week he was the starter

Excited to see what the offense can do with CK, but I just think Alex should start for now. A young QB in New Orleans scares me.

not with their sorry ass defense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Puddinhead:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
The saint officially have the worst defense in the league... Last against the run. 31st against the pass. Going against our def, we should win this handily. Kaep should be able to have his way with this.

Greetings...Visiting Saints fan and 28-year season ticket holder here. Should be an epic battle Sunday. Please tell Niners players not to take anything I may scream in their direction personally. LOL

I just wanted to point out that going into the San Diego, Tampa, Denver, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and Oakland games the Saints defense was "officially" the worst in the league. Each week, going into each game. It only turned out to matter one week--versus the Broncos and Peyton Manning at Denver. The other five games it apparently wasn't relevant where the NOLA defense ranked statistically. Now granted, the 49ers represent the most effective defense on the schedule, which is why I'm expecting such a memorable contest.

As an aside...you guys should get off that whole "bounty" BS. Just like most every other team in the league, but granted more organized that any other team exposed to date, the Saints had in place a "pay for performance" system, not a "pay for injury" system...wild-ass Gregg Williams' over-the-top pre game rhetoric aside. (Williams refused so far to testify on the league's behalf before Tagliabue, btw). As the old saying goes, the "proof is in the pudding", and thanks to the meticulous records that are kept for everything NFL and an intrepid Los Angeles Times (I think he was with the Times, anyway) reporter we've some fairly demonstrative pudding. In this case, the proof being that over the span of time the supposed "bounty" system was in place a review of opposing team injuries in games involving the Saints shows that Saints' opponents actually incurred the second lowest number of injuries in the league. Poor "evidence" for the existance of a system to reward inflicting injury on those very same teams' players.
the niners have to get off to a good start down there and can not let john gilliam return the kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown for the saints( old school 1966 stains there). we did not vs the vikings in thier dome and I think your fans are a bit more rapid plus they have a chip on thier shoulders for last years playoff game. I appreciate the fact your defense is getting better but I am just thinking no matter who starts for us, we can do some damage. However our offensive line must pass protect well again and in the dome, they can not have foolish penalties. i appreciate the fact your offense is coming on strong and i think it will boil down to how many stops we can make and limit the number of plays and times your offense is out on the field
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Greetings...Visiting Saints fan and 28-year season ticket holder here. Should be an epic battle Sunday. Please tell Niners players not to take anything I may scream in their direction personally. LOL

I just wanted to point out that going into the San Diego, Tampa, Denver, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and Oakland games the Saints defense was "officially" the worst in the league. Each week, going into each game. It only turned out to matter one week--versus the Broncos and Peyton Manning at Denver. The other five games it apparently wasn't relevant where the NOLA defense ranked statistically. Now granted, the 49ers represent the most effective defense on the schedule, which is why I'm expecting such a memorable contest.

As an aside...you guys should get off that whole "bounty" BS. Just like most every other team in the league, but granted more organized that any other team exposed to date, the Saints had in place a "pay for performance" system, not a "pay for injury" system...wild-ass Gregg Williams' over-the-top pre game rhetoric aside. (Williams refused so far to testify on the league's behalf before Tagliabue, btw). As the old saying goes, the "proof is in the pudding", and thanks to the meticulous records that are kept for everything NFL and an intrepid Los Angeles Times (I think he was with the Times, anyway) reporter we've some fairly demonstrative pudding. In this case, the proof being that over the span of time the supposed "bounty" system was in place a review of opposing team injuries in games involving the Saints shows that Saints' opponents actually incurred the second lowest number of injuries in the league. Poor "evidence" for the existance of a system to reward inflicting injury on those very same teams' players.

That only proves poor execution, not lack of intent.

Either way, 49er fans are much more concerned right now with our own QB drama, then we are about the Saints drama.

This.

I think it's pathetic that a Saints fan will come onto our board and right off the bat defend their team. I can really give a rat's a** about the bounty BS. Even with that system they had in place, it was Whitner who knocked anyone out of that game. And even more so, no Niners got hurt from that game AND the Niners WON (most importantly). So yes, as BrianGO said, lack of execution on their part indeed, even with that fiery pregame prep talk from GW.

IMHO that is not even needed. The Saints are a good team and hot right now. This is going to be a good game on both sides. No one should be underestimating anyone.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

That only proves poor execution, not lack of intent.

Either way, 49er fans are much more concerned right now with our own QB drama, then we are about the Saints drama.

This.

I think it's pathetic that a Saints fan will come onto our board and right off the bat defend their team. I can really give a rat's a** about the bounty BS. Even with that system they had in place, it was Whitner who knocked anyone out of that game. And even more so, no Niners got hurt from that game AND the Niners WON (most importantly). So yes, as BrianGO said, lack of execution on their part indeed, even with that fiery pregame prep talk from GW.

IMHO that is not even needed. The Saints are a good team and hot right now. This is going to be a good game on both sides. No one should be underestimating anyone.
uhm, i kind of expect them to defend thier team. we may think they are wrong but I think as long as they are not vile , stupid and idiotic like the lions fans who came on here this year, i think its ok they come on here and defend thier team
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Except that the NO defense will be blitzing like crazy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

and inside,, we just can not have false start issues

Kaep is starting this week b/c even though Alex was cleared he has not prepared for the Saints.
Originally posted by cciowa:

and inside,, we just can not have false start issues

True. All those former Niners are saying the dome is a tough place to play. And that's from the 80's & 90's when the 'Aints were terrible.
if they send that slow ass roman harper on a blitz, ck7 will burn him
Forgot that Spagnolo is the Saints DC. He should know the Niners very well having been the Rams HC before this year.
Am I the only one who thinks all this "Kaepernick is the starter even though Alex will be cleared" business is just meant to confuse the Saints?

Kaep looked great and all, but he was at home on MNF facing a D that planned on him running alot. It seems like bad judgement to put him into a very loud and hostile environment if Smith is ready to go. Smith proved he could beat the Saints in a big game last year, and has much more practice calling plays in a loud dome.

It seems like people are getting all excited over Kaep starting, and dont stop to think its kind of a stupid move if you have Smith ready to play. Thats why I wonder if Harbaugh is just up to his usual trickery, trying to get the Saints to prep for Kaepernick.

In these dome games, especially in NO, all it takes is for a young QB to get confused in all the noise. He could just rush a throw during a blitz, or take a strip sack for a huge turnover, and all the sudden we could be overwhelmed and get behind big early. I think Smith gives us a better chance to win in this situation if healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone