There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith's High Speed Car Chase to the Sack Record

Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
calling it right now he breaks the record on snf vs Brady.

I think that Pats are smart enough to bring extra help to the left side. If he can just get 1 or 1.5 I would call it a good day
Man, if they try to focus on one guy against our defense they will get someone killed. Starting with T. Brady! You double and triple team Aldon and we start sending Brook, Willis, & Bowman! You try to max protect and just imagine Wittner or Goldson getting a 7-10 yard run at Brady before they hit him!

I like this point. Aldon could be a major decoy in the next two weeks as the rest of our defense dominates.

I'd rather win those two games than see Aldon get the record as we lose one or two. I bet NE doesn't concern themselves trying to stop him, and is ok if he gets a couple. However, Pete Carroll is dumb and will probably focus more on stopping Aldon then doing what's in his teams best interest.

I predict Aldon gets 2-3 on Brady, but NE puts up 20+. In seattle, Aldon doesn't get one but our defense hold Seattle to under 10.

Pass rush decoy? Not unless they fake sending him then drop him into coverage almost like a zone blitz scheme. In any case not likely
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
calling it right now he breaks the record on snf vs Brady.

I think that Pats are smart enough to bring extra help to the left side. If he can just get 1 or 1.5 I would call it a good day
Man, if they try to focus on one guy against our defense they will get someone killed. Starting with T. Brady! You double and triple team Aldon and we start sending Brook, Willis, & Bowman! You try to max protect and just imagine Wittner or Goldson getting a 7-10 yard run at Brady before they hit him!

I like this point. Aldon could be a major decoy in the next two weeks as the rest of our defense dominates.

I'd rather win those two games than see Aldon get the record as we lose one or two. I bet NE doesn't concern themselves trying to stop him, and is ok if he gets a couple. However, Pete Carroll is dumb and will probably focus more on stopping Aldon then doing what's in his teams best interest.

I predict Aldon gets 2-3 on Brady, but NE puts up 20+. In seattle, Aldon doesn't get one but our defense hold Seattle to under 10.

Pass rush decoy? Not unless they fake sending him then drop him into coverage almost like a zone blitz scheme. In any case not likely

He won't really be a decoy because he will be racing to the QB. How many guys can you put on Aldon with out leaving guys like Brooks and J. Smith 1 on 1? Not to mention Willis & Bowman (they sent Willis on a QB blitz against the Dolphins yesterday when Miami tryed to double Aldon.

We haven't really been useing that T-E stunt that the Smith brothers run so well (I said this in John Gruden's voice from MNF) LOL...
What a dream come true to have a sack artist come to life on our Niners. But my question is what about J. Smith. This guy doesn't get enough love or notice... Im not saying that A. Smith inst the man and is a product of his own hard work, he is. But what im saying is... if you replace J.Smith with someone else then A. Smith game will change. J. Smith has been a beast before A. Smith stepped into the league and when he showed up, he just made that side even more deader. If you ask me J. Smith needs to have just as much praise from us and even more support based on what is happening. J. Smith is a Def. Leader and when A. Smith gets a sack i cant help but see how the Smith brothers played their part. The DT dont get enough love (especially 3-4 DT) because their not the one's getting the sack but they are the one's moving the pocket and causing trouble up the middle/outside.
What Id like to see from A. Smith is give J. Smith the respect on the field and after a sack go to J. Smith raise his arm and point to that man because of what he does and does well... beast it. Today I saw Goldson and Whinter have there own page with a bad ass photo Lumber Co... Now the Smith Brothers need there own pictures. Like a couple of bulls being over powered by the Smiths Brothers and taking them by the horns, or something to that effect.
A. Smith is not a product J. Smith becuase he does bring his own power. But I watched/ read/ realized that J. Smith has helped and guided players on the field and off the field. Dont misunderstand me, A. Smith has always been a product of his hard work, intellect and mad skills. This Guy can take you outside, inside and on the stunts. A. Smith came into this league with one purpose and to play football as the best. I cant help to be amazed to see a man in his size completely move guys 40 lbs. bigger then him with such force. A. Smith is a dream come true to our Def. and I cant wait to see when he beats the NFL single season sack record. When I watch this man play the game i see nothing but joy... how can you ever play a game that you dont enjoy and he has something that alot of players dont have... Joy. Most players dont enjoy this sport, but when I see this man play he enjoys it... To Me this man loves what he does and that you cant replace, and you cant replace leadership like J. Smith.
Smith Brothers keep it up and please dont lose heart on whatever the outcome is... we need you now and until you hang up the jersey.
Just my thoughts...
Whats up world?
[ Edited by Constantine on Dec 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM ]
@espn_nfcwest: Aldon Smith has 10 sacks in his last four games. That's a season's worth for good pass-rushers. Has 15 sacks in last 7 games.

@espn_nfcwest: The great Bruce Smith had 15+ sacks twice in 19 seasons. Aldon Smith 15 sacks in last seven games. Just crazy.
Even if deader
do you guys think we will be able to keep Aldon Smith when his 4 year contract is up? (2 more years) remaining...

seems like he will cost an arm & leg for his talent...

what would the contract need to be to retain a guy like this??
[ Edited by ginseng1000 on Dec 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
do you guys think we will be able to keep Aldon Smith when his 4 year contract is up? (2 more years) remaining...

Our FO will make it work. No worries.
ALL DONE is my hero, but i predicted he would fall way off in sacks this yr when he had to play coverage too. The amazing thing is the kid can cover (because he is so darned fast,) plus he is in there more plays where he can cause havoc. As for resigning him, forget it. We have no choice and need to give him Demarcus ware money....because he is better than ware, who is older.

As for the sacks, Sure, Justin should get about half a sack for everyone ALL DONE gets. But between the 2, that is one helluva an anvil and hammer.
I hope he pwns Brady, really bad. Like really bad, lol.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Agree with this. I trust our front office will get it done for sure.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Agree with this. I trust our front office will get it done for sure.

I have a lot more faith in them after the Bowman deal. I honestly did not think we would be able to resign him but they did.

Hopefully we do it in the same way and don't let him test the FA market cuz he will be lookin at Mario Williams money or close to it.

Probably something close to Mario Williams contract with Buffalo 6 years 100 million

Unless he really screws it up off the field, Aldon ain't goin' nowhere for a long, long time. The Niners will lock him up early, just like they did with Bowman. Failing that, they will franchise him.

Pass rushers like him are almost impossible to find. They won't let him get away.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Unless he really screws it up off the field, Aldon ain't goin' nowhere for a long, long time. The Niners will lock him up early, just like they did with Bowman. Failing that, they will franchise him.

Pass rushers like him are almost impossible to find. They won't let him get away.

I hope so. We can't pay everyone on our defense so I see a casualties like Dashon and Soap taking place at some point in order to afford his salary. After going so many years without an elite rusher, I can see us locking up Aldon and using our deep draft classes to fill in the gaps of good players we won't be able to pay.
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 More reason to pull for #49ers LB @aldonsmithJETS to break @MichaelStrahan's #NFL sack record, Smith's giving $5,099 per sack to charity.