There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

C.K. starts next week!

C.K. starts next week!

I think we should activate and start Tolzien and see what he's got, then play all three the next game, a quarter each, with the 4 th quarter going to a coin toss. Then, take a fan poll on who should be our starting QB. Seriously, this was one game, albeit it a very, very good game. At least we know Kap can do the job, but to supplant Smith for him at this point would not be wise, especially in the locker room. Now, if Smith flames out, as he is wont to do on occasion, I'm sure the topic will be revisited. I have to admit, I really didn't think Kap had such a game in him, especially at this stage, and feel a heckuva lot better about him as our QB of the future. I can foresee a scenario where we trade Smith, start Kap and activate Tolzien as our backup. Perhaps next season?
Originally posted by 1251alex:
lol. after one good game hes won the job. Alex has won the job a f**kload of times then since that eagles game in 2010. Not hating on Kaep or anything...just merely pointing out the ridiculousness of the smith haters.

not a smith hater at all . and from the looks of your name your probably a blowhard. But what i saw last night i havent seen smith do EVER! and i was at the game with a great view of the entire field Kaep made some WOW plays.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
Kaep can not start next week. What kind of message does that send to your locker room... "If you get hurt, you may be replaced. Even if you've only thrown 2 incompletions and 4 TD's your previous 2 games"??? That can't happen. Not for this team. Maybe someone like the Jets doe.

As usual though any thread about the QB's makes me sick. So many of you want to get rid of a winnng QB because the COACHING & TEAM in the past has been so inept. Alex has the 3rd best QB rating in the league and you all just want to give him away. Fkn ridiculous.

I really hope Alex starts if cleared, but 2 incompletions and 4 td's in previous 2 games? its been more than 7 yrs not 2 games.
Alex Smith can't make the throw Kaep made to Kyle Williams. Cannot.
If Kaep starts next 2 games, both away, and can win consistently and convincingly, he very well can take over as the starter. If not, he will compete with Alex next season again.
Originally posted by HOF49er:
If Kaep starts next 2 games, both away, and can win consistently and convincingly, he very well can take over as the starter. If not, he will compete with Alex next season again.

Lol. Ok, I'll bite. If Smith continues to play well and wins the Superbowl then he's the starter next season and in line for a long term contract. The what-ifs on the webzone are amazing.
Originally posted by HOF49er:

I don't think there's a chance Kaep doesn't start next year. It's becoming inevitable.