LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

C.K. starts next week!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

C.K. starts next week!

Either way, we have some trade commodity on our hands.
dance off!!!!!!!

vs

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Alex has made plenty of throws in tight areas, do you not remember the Saints game winner?? and Alex and Vernon were the hottest duo in last years playoffs.. you can not blame Alex for Vernon not being in the offense the last 5 games, today I seen him more involved, running routes down the field, and Kaep found him.. If Alex was playing, Vernon would have still had a big night..
Lol I was expecting that example to be used. That's the one example EVERYONE uses. That was a set play where they told alex to get it to vernon no matter what.

Since then, teams have covered him even tighter. Alex still generally plays a conservative game unless we're already down. Against the saints and later against the Giants we "left a lot of plays on the field", as they say. Three and outs happen more often when you're captain checkdown.

It is only one game, but CK has that surgical strike ability to get the ball where guys are going to be. I do think Alex would have seen Vernon triple covered in the middle of the field and moved his eyes to the next receiver.
I'm actually torn...

On on hand Kaepernick definitely makes our offense much more explosive, and he wasnt even threatening with the run. He played amazing pocket QB today. He has the better arm, no question. He made a number of throws I don't think Smith has ever made. The Williams pass was a thing of beauty. He did overthrow a couple big plays so he wasn't perfect. Some would crucify Smith for missing those.

However, he is a greater risk as well. He is bound to make mistakes due to inexperience. Can we overcome those? Can we afford to take the risk? Can we afford not to?

My guess is that if Smith starts, he responds the way he did after Kaep threw deep to Moss in triple coverage... He comes out aggressive and accurate, lighting up the Saints. But what about the rest of the season? Keepernick may make some of those inevitable mistakes, or may just take off.

Sigh....I'm glad I'm not Harbaugh this week...
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
I'm actually torn...

On on hand Kaepernick definitely makes our offense much more explosive, and he wasnt even threatening with the run. He played amazing pocket QB today. He has the better arm, no question. He made a number of throws I don't think Smith has ever made. The Williams pass was a thing of beauty. He did overthrow a couple big plays so he wasn't perfect. Some would crucify Smith for missing those.

However, he is a greater risk as well. He is bound to make mistakes due to inexperience. Can we overcome those? Can we afford to take the risk? Can we afford not to?

My guess is that if Smith starts, he responds the way he did after Kaep threw deep to Moss in triple coverage... He comes out aggressive and accurate, lighting up the Saints. But what about the rest of the season? Keepernick may make some of those inevitable mistakes, or may just take off.

Let me tickle your pickle.

What if Smith starts against the Aints, and loses? Imagine what next Monday will be like?
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I'm actually torn...

What if Smith starts against the Aints, and loses? Imagine what next Monday will be like?

Not matter who starts at QB next week, if we lose the other side will have a field day with I told you so...
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Nov 20, 2012 at 4:56 AM ]
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Not matter who starts at QB next week, if we lose the other side will have will have a field day with I told you so...

true true

And it's very possible. Regardless who starts, let's hope for a win or it will get really ugly in here. In fact it's bound to get ugly now regardless.

I'm just going to back whoever is starting and hope we can delay the QB conversation until after we win the SB.

And it's very possible. Regardless who starts, let's hope for a win or it will get really ugly in here. In fact it's bound to get ugly now regardless.

I'm just going to back whoever is starting and hope we can delay the QB conversation until after we win the SB.

I don't mean "in here" per se. I'm talking about the 49ers locker room. The team has seen what the kid can do. This is a tight bunch, but they want to win. If Kap turns out to be our best chance to win it all and Harbaugh doesn't act on it, December may be a bit dysfunctional.

I don't mean "in here" per se. I'm talking about the 49ers locker room. The team has seen what the kid can do. This is a tight bunch, but they want to win. If Kap turns out to be our best chance to win it all and Harbaugh doesn't act on it, December may be a bit dysfunctional.

That's what I'm afraid of.

Good point...

This is kind of why the opinions of fans matter. Harbaugh could care less about the spectator fans like us, but football players are also football fans. Just like this forum is divided on the issue, there is no doubt the locker room is similarly divided. Of course they say all the right things, that's what they are trained to do, but the reality is, they saw the same thing we saw, and this is what puts pressure on the coach.

Good point...
Doubtfull, who ever jim starts the team will support, either colin or alex. I do believe it's alex's job he's done well all season, colins had 1 game. I think alex will start, and in the offseason we can talk about who is the starting qb is and let the best man win than.
Kaep can not start next week. What kind of message does that send to your locker room... "If you get hurt, you may be replaced. Even if you've only thrown 2 incompletions and 4 TD's your previous 2 games"??? That can't happen. Not for this team. Maybe someone like the Jets doe.

As usual though any thread about the QB's makes me sick. So many of you want to get rid of a winnng QB because the COACHING & TEAM in the past has been so inept. Alex has the 3rd best QB rating in the league and you all just want to give him away. Fkn ridiculous.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Kaep can not start next week. What kind of message does that send to your locker room... "If you get hurt, you may be replaced. Even if you've only thrown 2 incompletions and 4 TD's your previous 2 games"??? That can't happen. Not for this team. Maybe someone like the Jets doe.

As usual though any thread about the QB's makes me sick. So many of you want to get rid of a winnng QB because the COACHING & TEAM in the past has been so inept. Alex has the 3rd best QB rating in the league and you all just want to give him away. Fkn ridiculous.

Kaep can start next week, but if the team is behind in points, Kaep has to show he can rally the team back from behind to win as a NFL starting QB. Cause winning is everything and Alex Smith has done that quite a few times last season.
Share 49ersWebzone