LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

C.K. starts next week!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

C.K. starts next week!

Originally posted by Chico:
Tempting and he was fun/exciting to watch. But, Alex starts next week. Unfortunately, Alex is on a short leash...1 or 2 losses and he rides the pine.

As he should.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by tony2cool4u2k1:
why was my thread locked and this one isn't. Hypocrite much?

freakin mods

Shut up. The MODs rule
Originally posted by adamcarrillo17:
Man I Wish I Could see the 49ers Practice This Week its Gonna be One hell of a QB Battle

Smith performs at his best when the game or his job is on the line so I expect him to win for at least the remainder of the season. Cant say the same for next season though.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
If Smith plays next week, we will probably see his best game since he will be playing for his job. Smith plays better with adversity.

adversity

I really think Alex will start, but he wont beat the Saints again, and if that happens... he'll be benched for sure
Wish I could say Kaep starts...I just cant bring myself to do it, but damn is he fun to watch.
Oh FFS I thought this was official
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It feels great to finally be confident about the entire team. It's like the puzzle is complete. The hole had been filled. The bad spoke, removed.

Great things are coming. Great things.

this forum is indeed bipolar. u must not have been here last week ater the rams game
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
YES!!!!! why is this even a question?
For anyone interested, I have written a blog about the backup QBs in this week's games.

http://wp.me/2I0tR

Good win for the Niners tonight.
Kaep played great but it is just 1 game!! You can NOT give Kaep the job and go back to Smith if he effs up, you just cant. Smith has proved over the last 2 seasons that he is more than capable of taking this team to the super bowl and is playing just as good as any QB over the last 2 seasons. Dont name Kaep the starter JIM!

• mike
  • Veteran
The problem is you can't just wait for Alex to lose games, he plays really conservatively. But our overall team, defensively is amazing. So we will still beat most teams.

The problem comes when you need to be able to keep good defenses honest. Alex has shown that he isn't willing to throw into tight windows that barely exist. Because he's not a risk taker. Which explains Davis disappearing.

If you've got a QB in the pipeline who could be the next big thing, why stick to the safety net? Both QBs can win us games, but in the next few weeks we'll find out who the better QB is. No job should be safe and the best player should be out there.
I say start him. He can throw more accurately, he can run, and he can extend plays, and actually make them work. Fact: It will be harder for teams to prepare for Kap, than for Alex, because he is that dual threat. My only fear is that this was a fluke performance. If it was a home game next week, definitely start Kap, but we're going into hostile territory.

The fairer thing to do is have an open competition this week, and go with whoever has the best practice. Give both guys even reps with the first team.

P.S. I hope the Saints like preparing for two QBs. You know half of their prep time will be wasted.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Nov 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by adamcarrillo17:
Man I Wish I Could see the 49ers Practice This Week its Gonna be One hell of a QB Battle

Smith performs at his best when the game or his job is on the line so I expect him to win for at least the remainder of the season. Cant say the same for next season though.
alex is gonna light up the saints. every time theres been any kind of pressure on smith hes stepped up. no way kaep starts based on one game and especially to take smiths job during an injury. i just dont see it happening.
Originally posted by mike:
The problem is you can't just wait for Alex to lose games, he plays really conservatively. But our overall team, defensively is amazing. So we will still beat most teams.

The problem comes when you need to be able to keep good defenses honest. Alex has shown that he isn't willing to throw into tight windows that barely exist. Because he's not a risk taker. Which explains Davis disappearing.

If you've got a QB in the pipeline who could be the next big thing, why stick to the safety net? Both QBs can win us games, but in the next few weeks we'll find out who the better QB is. No job should be safe and the best player should be out there.

Alex has made plenty of throws in tight areas, do you not remember the Saints game winner?? and Alex and Vernon were the hottest duo in last years playoffs.. you can not blame Alex for Vernon not being in the offense the last 5 games, today I seen him more involved, running routes down the field, and Kaep found him.. If Alex was playing, Vernon would have still had a big night..
Kaep should be starting. Don't see why we should pull em.
Share 49ersWebzone