There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 team or 2012 team?

2011 team or 2012 team?

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
2011 would win 24-13. 2012 team is smallish & slower on defense and dare i say, worse on offense because they aren't throwing to VD and Akers has been off this year compared to what he usually was last season

so the same 11 starters on defense got smaller? makes sense

He got a bigger television in the offseason.

oh nice I'm jealous
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Pass Protection is improved
Running Game improved
Passing Attack slightly better....significantly better if you think about how much better we are on 3rd down than last year
I won't use VD's low production in the past few games, that has more to do with opponent adjustments than anything else....

Run defence hasn't been as stout as last season but who's to say we don't finish around the same spot ranking-wise as 2011? We're not that far off the mark so I call this a slight decline...VERY slight.

Pass defence is a LOT better than last season.
Pass rush not as good, front 7 has (at times) looked tired.

Kickoffs: While our coverage unit has been very bad this year, Akers has been booming alot of Touchbacks...
Kick Return: Last year we had good production on kick return and we're about the same in this category.
Punt coverage: Hasn't been great but still pretty good. Andy Lee, Spillman & T-Brock are doing a good job pinning inside the 10...
Punt Return: Ginn hasn't been 100%, that pretty much says it all

Coaching: Same

If you ask me, I'd say we're better than last year especially considering the schedule..... I'm still VERY confident we'll get it done this season.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Based on what? That's not what the record shows.

Like others have said. The schedule is tougher. The league changes every year. I think offensively this team is much better than last year's. Better rushing team, better passing team. Defensively I think the pass rush has regressed, we get less turnovers and that's why I think we might go down against if we had to play our team last year.
You're crazy if you think Smith's 2011 49ers could beat Kaepernick's 2012 49ers.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
You're crazy if you think Smith's 2011 49ers could beat Kaepernick's 2012 49ers.

Yup. Difference here is CK. If he continues to improve into a genuine beast QB.... look out NFL.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Original posts were made weeks before. We did not have all the information we have now. This team is better. But our special teams is far worse.
I know teams in the division are better but we were more dominat against division foes last year already.....damn Rams and our record against them 0-1-1, 2011 49ers wouldve beat them with both defense and special teams play!
I know teams in the division are better but we were more dominat against division foes last year already.....damn Rams and our record against them 0-1-1, 2011 49ers wouldve beat them with both defense and special teams play!
Originally posted by Probowlniner:

.....nah, lol