There are 183 users in the forums

2011 team or 2012 team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

2011 team or 2012 team?

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
2011 would win 24-13. 2012 team is smallish & slower on defense and dare i say, worse on offense because they aren't throwing to VD and Akers has been off this year compared to what he usually was last season

so the same 11 starters on defense got smaller? makes sense

LOL.
2011 would win 24-13. 2012 team is smallish & slower on defense and dare i say, worse on offense because they aren't throwing to VD and Akers has been off this year compared to what he usually was last season

He got a bigger television in the offseason.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM ]
I'd expect the game comes down to turnovers. Personally I think the 2011 team is more likely to make those turnovers and avoid them against the opposing defense. That's not saying I think the 2011 team is better I just think in this instance they're more likely to win.

I do think we're a better football team right now though.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'd expect the game comes down to turnovers. Personally I think the 2011 team is more likely to make those turnovers and avoid them against the opposing defense. That's not saying I think the 2011 team is better I just think in this instance they're more likely to win.

Based on what? That's not what the record shows.

2011 reebok unis > 2012 nike unis

/thread
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Based on what? That's not what the record shows.
we are not a better football team,, we are more sloppy and penalty marred. our specail teams is bad, kicking unreliable, the front seven is no longer a brick wall. pass protection is terrible, come one, get real. and our coaches have been outcoached more this year than all of last year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I remember a 9 - 1 team after a similar # of games last year. Now we are 6 - 2 - 1 after 9 total games. 1 total game difference in amount of games played. But you get the idea of where we WERE and where we ARE. And the tie is a LOSS. Rams at home and tie....

You're generalizing, and not taking alot into consideration.

Do you remember where we were at 2 years ago?

This incessant complaining is ridiculous, and I see 9er fans already getting spoiled and unrealistic, almost as if they forgot what the last decade has been like.
it has nothing to do with being spoiled and unrealistic,,, it has to do with seeing our weak areas that we cover up vs bad teams get exposed against the better teams. you can yell and make fun of the messenger all you want but the 3 losses we have had are exposing weaknesses we did not think we had. and whats more it will not be better. you just keeping making fun of fans who bring up concerns and you just keep going on with the labeling of posters who are legit worried about this team and the way they played not only last sunday but in several games this year
Passing game is better, Brett Swain? Joe Hastings?

Running game is better. Including much better O-Line play.

Pass Defense is better.

2nd year in the system, equals continuity, equals better understanding for the players and the coaches.

Run D has taken a hit, and special teams is no where close but that doesn't make up for all of the improvement elsewhere. 2012 is better.

thats what I was about to say lol

2011 would kill this years squad
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

agree times ten
Originally posted by cciowa:

agree times ten

Last year I was never scared we would lose.. This year I'd be worried even if we played the Browns LOL
Last year I was never scared we would lose.. This year I'd be worried even if we played the Browns LOL

Maybe because you never thought we would win in the first place.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

agree times ten

loss one irritated me but did not shock me due to the midwest time and the stupid dome,, loss two was a shock and i started to look at this defense vs good teams and then last weeks fiasco of a loss made me realize this is not an elite team and the defense is not elite and the problems we have had all year long in regards to penalities, bad pass protection are not getting any better.
Share 49ersWebzone