There are 41 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 team or 2012 team?

2011 team or 2012 team?

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I find it interesting that no one has taken into consideration the difference in the schedule this year as compared to last.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
season's over

It's not over. But I don't see us being better. And last year we came up short.

Its a good thing that it doesn't matter what you see.

No offense but this is a redundant meaningless irrelevant conversation. There are so many variables that factor in that it's impossible to deduce exactly why you think the team "appears" to be worse.

The offensive line is playing way better this year. The secondary as a whole is better. The depth is better.

The only thing I see as being a cause for worry is that in 3 games this year the team including coaches has seemed unprepared, which could be caused by better opponent game plans.

The Giants won the Superbowl despite the fact that on quite a few occasions looked like complete dogs**t during the season.

Lets not look for reasons to be pessimistic, which if I'm not mistaken is the sole reason behind this thread.

The reason for the thread is alarm at how much we have declined.

Thats your opinion.

Definitely not fact.

Thats your opinion.

Definitely not fact.

I remember a 9 - 1 team after a similar # of games last year. Now we are 6 - 2 - 1 after 9 total games. 1 total game difference in amount of games played. But you get the idea of where we WERE and where we ARE. And the tie is a LOSS. Rams at home and tie....
I remember a 9 - 1 team after a similar # of games last year. Now we are 6 - 2 - 1 after 9 total games. 1 total game difference in amount of games played. But you get the idea of where we WERE and where we ARE. And the tie is a LOSS. Rams at home and tie....

You're generalizing, and not taking alot into consideration.

Do you remember where we were at 2 years ago?

This incessant complaining is ridiculous, and I see 9er fans already getting spoiled and unrealistic, almost as if they forgot what the last decade has been like.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM ]
I'll answer this thread after the Super Bowl.

This incessant complaining is ridiculous, and I see 9er fans already getting spoiled and unrealistic, almost as if they forgot what the last decade has been like.

Compared to 2 years ago we are better. Compared with last year we are worse.

I think the 2012 team is better overall. Better QB play. O-Line is much improved. Running game is best in the league. Better pass catchers. Defense still a top unit. Pass defense improved. Run defense still very stingy. Special teams has regressed. We have flaws and weaknesses, but so does everyone else.

2012 offense and defense is better on a yards-per-play basis:

2012 offense: 6.0 y/p
2011 offense: 5.0 y/p

(1 full yard per play better is an enormous improvement)

2012 defense: 4.7 y/p
2011 defense: 5.1 y/p

(2012 pass defense is better. Slightly worse on Run D, but still ranks among tops in the league)

Overall, 2012 49ers win.

What problem do you have with this statement?

Then just leave it alone, let them have there whining time. No reason to get caught up in there depression.
Then just leave it alone, let them have there whining time. No reason to get caught up in there depression.

Pretty much.

This SanDiego49er dude is hilarious. Every week there is a new reason to worry his hair away. I actually find his fickle nature quite amusing. Brings some life to the board at times bc he's actually not a ditz who just b***hes about stuff behind a computer screen. He just reminds me of my grandma...
Regular season.....2011 bc of the aformentioned reasons.

Playoffs......2012 bc of EXPERIENCE and the "chip on my shoulder" mentality.

Come playoff time, Id rather go to ATL with this team than last year's.
I find it interesting that no one has taken into consideration the difference in the schedule this year as compared to last.

or the division being exponentially better
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
2011 would win 24-13. 2012 team is smallish & slower on defense and dare i say, worse on offense because they aren't throwing to VD and Akers has been off this year compared to what he usually was last season

so the same 11 starters on defense got smaller? makes sense