There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh having heart procedure

Doctors are stupid. It wasn't irregular heartbeat, Jim Harbaugh's heart just found a better, more efficient blood pumping rhythm.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Doctors are stupid. It wasn't irregular heartbeat, Jim Harbaugh's heart just found a better, more efficient blood pumping rhythm.

the Heart either gets worse or better...but it will never stay the same
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

the Heart either gets worse or better...but it will never stay the same

<3 <3 <3 <3
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Dr. Matthew DeVane, a cardiologist in Walnut Creek, says Jim Harbaugh "likely" had a cardioversion performed …

DeVane is the president of the East Bay Board of Directors for the American Heart Association: "About the only thing I can think of, and it's very common, is that his heart probably went out of rhythm into something called atrial fibrillation, which is the most common abnormal heart rhythm. And it can just cause the heart to race and flutter and can make you feel uncomfortable. It's a minor procedure and, again, this is guesswork, but it's called a cardioversion where we put the patient to sleep for just a few minutes and give the heart a little zap to try to re-set it back into a normal rhythm. It's a very, very common procedure. It's done on an out-patient basis. Usually people are home within two hours and ready to go the next day with no limitations or restrictions."
i know a high school girls bb coach who has to wear a device that helps keep her heart in the proper rythm, wonder if he will get hooked up to one of those things. it tells her when s**t is not right and she has to wear it when coaching
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

we can probably trace this back to last year when he tasted the blood of brooks and liked it
R.I.P Harbaugh

dude there really is something wrong with you. I just thought you were immature and biased...but no, you have some problems imo. How old are you Valrod? Maybe that will help me understand you more.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Dr. Matthew DeVane, a cardiologist in Walnut Creek, says Jim Harbaugh "likely" had a cardioversion performed …

DeVane is the president of the East Bay Board of Directors for the American Heart Association: "About the only thing I can think of, and it's very common, is that his heart probably went out of rhythm into something called atrial fibrillation, which is the most common abnormal heart rhythm. And it can just cause the heart to race and flutter and can make you feel uncomfortable. It's a minor procedure and, again, this is guesswork, but it's called a cardioversion where we put the patient to sleep for just a few minutes and give the heart a little zap to try to re-set it back into a normal rhythm. It's a very, very common procedure. It's done on an out-patient basis. Usually people are home within two hours and ready to go the next day with no limitations or restrictions."
i know a high school girls bb coach who has to wear a device that helps keep her heart in the proper rythm, wonder if he will get hooked up to one of those things. it tells her when s**t is not right and she has to wear it when coaching

Also a possibility that he got an ablation (which would be the long-term fix), also a common out-patient procedure where they run a cord up through your groin to the inside walls of your heart, and temp freeze the muscles causing the irregular convulsions so that everything flows in perfect sequence again.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

you know I was worried about Alex's health going into the Bears game, against their hard hitting defense....but man I'd rather have Harbaugh miss that game instead.

Those Refs man.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
I got an idea! let's send him an E-Card wishing him a speedy recovery!!
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

super this!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

super this!
he's already back in the gym

jk
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Harbaugh cares so much about winning. Hope he is fine.

Under a coach like Harbaugh, we will definitely become a dynasty. Believe it.

yes hope everything is fine
Oh s**t that sounded like a serious thing! Glad they are saying it is minor. Hope he comes out of this 100%.
Wow, that sucks. I hope he's alright for his family's sake.