There are 241 users in the forums

Harbaugh having heart procedure

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Harbaugh cares so much about winning. Hope he is fine.

Under a coach like Harbaugh, we will definitely become a dynasty. Believe it.
"I was born into football, my goal was always to play as long as I could, now I will coach as long as I can coach, and then I will die." ~Jim Harbaugh

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
"I was born into football, my goal was always to play as long as I could, now I will coach as long as I can coach, and then I will die." ~Jim Harbaugh

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

too bad Jacobs doesn't feel that way
Wait? He has a heart? Someone should ask Carrroll and Schwartz about this.

Get well soon Harbs, we need you.
He'll be ok.
Get well soon coach!!!!!!
49ers gonna step up for old man Harbaugh!!! lets kick the bears ASSS
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
R.I.P Harbaugh

If Harb doesn't make the sideline Monday, maybe Alex Smith will be inspired and rally the team to a convincing victory to put all the naysayer and CK noise to rest.

I know a lot of people who have had procedures for irregular heart beats. Just gotta stay in touch with your doctor and go for a checkup every now and then, but he'll be fine.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
our special teams coach is in charge of the team?god help us all
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
you can not kill him by driving a stake through his heart, I was not aware he was human
Dr. Matthew DeVane, a cardiologist in Walnut Creek, says Jim Harbaugh "likely" had a cardioversion performed …

DeVane is the president of the East Bay Board of Directors for the American Heart Association: "About the only thing I can think of, and it's very common, is that his heart probably went out of rhythm into something called atrial fibrillation, which is the most common abnormal heart rhythm. And it can just cause the heart to race and flutter and can make you feel uncomfortable. It's a minor procedure and, again, this is guesswork, but it's called a cardioversion where we put the patient to sleep for just a few minutes and give the heart a little zap to try to re-set it back into a normal rhythm. It's a very, very common procedure. It's done on an out-patient basis. Usually people are home within two hours and ready to go the next day with no limitations or restrictions."
Cool -- his heart needed a reboot. Ready for the SB run.
Share 49ersWebzone