There are 168 users in the forums

Harbaugh having heart procedure

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8636387/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-minor-procedure-heart

As it turns out, Harbaugh made an appearance Thursday at the team's training facility and practice before doctors recommended he go home, according to a team source. The 49ers fully expect Harbaugh to return to work and practice on Friday.

I bet it was like that ending scene from Kindergarten cop; all the players are running around the practice field, and Jim sort of creeps out with a cane, blows into his whistle... and everybody gathers around to hug him.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by diablo:
I can weigh in with the perspective of a 4th year medical student.

Jim most likely had atrial fibrillation which non life threatning arrhythmia. The minor procedure was a DC cardioversion. Jim will be ok.

So still don't know did the surgery involve cutting him open at all?

Edit: nevermind, I see GBninerfan answered it and said they just shock you. No cutting involved.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM ]
Patrick Willis said Harbs is "as tough as a $2 stake." I love this team so much. I think somehow this is going to just motivate everyone even more. #HarbaughStrong
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by diablo:
I can weigh in with the perspective of a 4th year medical student.

Jim most likely had atrial fibrillation which non life threatning arrhythmia. The minor procedure was a DC cardioversion. Jim will be ok.

So still don't know did the surgery involve cutting him open at all?

Edit: nevermind, I see GBninerfan answered it and said they just shock you. No cutting involved.

No cutting. They put a pad on your chest and charge up a machine that is about the size of a computer. It times the shock with your EKG and you get a hell of a kick in the chest and most of the time your heart is beating normally. It takes literally a few seconds.
[ Edited by diablo on Nov 15, 2012 at 9:39 PM ]
LOL only Harbaugh would head out to practice after a heart procedure
Faraz, like I said, everything that has been said is based on supposition. Again, let's wait for the official medical report before we go thru any more "scenarios", altho AF certainly sounds likely. But that is....supposition so let's wait until we have a diagnosis verified.
Doc says limit the stress to Harbs... Less of this I guess...

Maybe he will calm down and not get riled up
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Maybe he will calm down and not get riled up

LOL! I think Sundays are probably good for his heart...gets all the tension out! It's the long week of stress planning for Sunday that must be murder.
Somewhere in the world Pete Carol's doing a fist pump....

coach probably was wearing his khaki pants and black 9ers jersey at the procedure. lol.

#JimStrong

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace49ers:
coach probably was wearing his khaki pants and black 9ers jersey at the procedure. lol.

Is that a dip in his back pocket?
Leave it to Harbaugh to steal the spotlight from his players. Smith has a concussion? I've got to have surgery.

Get well soon coach.
welp, there goes our superbowl season. Minds well rebuild for next year. Officially, the raiders are better than the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone