LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Harbaugh having heart procedure

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Am i the only one who was confused when they said "minor procedure"

IMO anything involving your heart is a major deal.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Minor procedure = sync cardioversion. Harbaugh's heart was beating a little to fast, needed an electric shock to reset it. They gave him some drugs to snow him, shocked him, and it worked. Thats the short of it. Millions of people live with his condition, its one the lower end of evils as far as heart problems go. Serious....anything with your heart is serious, especially when its a sudden onset. Some people develop a chronic irregular heart beat and are treated with medications and go on to live long normal lives.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ace49ers:
coach probably was wearing his khaki pants and black 9ers jersey at the procedure. lol.

Is that a dip in his back pocket?
its a condom

Originally posted by ads_2006:

agreed
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Morsh:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I hope they keep a watchful eye on coach harbaugh , heart issues is nothing to f**k around with

esp if what the doc said was true that they had to zap him to get his heart calmed down. i guess it would do no good for someone to try to tell him to set up stairs in the booth sunday of course that would mean our special teams coach would be in charge of the team on game day

thats what scares me , having to hit him with the paddles to get his ticker working correctly is pretty serious , I personally would put him in the booth , but something tells me he would rip that booth to shreds trying to get out , coach strikes me as a stubborn dude who will always say "I'm ok" , even if he is not right

Ive known people who have had that done, they went back to their normal lives with no problems. Its not as a big of a deal as some of you are making it out to be.
um, it is his heart, he had to get zapped in order for it to calm down, that is not minor. sure medicine is better than the days of dr bracket in emergency but this is not a throwaway thing.
I hope they keep a watchful eye on coach harbaugh , heart issues is nothing to f**k around with

esp if what the doc said was true that they had to zap him to get his heart calmed down. i guess it would do no good for someone to try to tell him to set up stairs in the booth sunday of course that would mean our special teams coach would be in charge of the team on game day

thats what scares me , having to hit him with the paddles to get his ticker working correctly is pretty serious , I personally would put him in the booth , but something tells me he would rip that booth to shreds trying to get out , coach strikes me as a stubborn dude who will always say "I'm ok" , even if he is not right

Ive known people who have had that done, they went back to their normal lives with no problems. Its not as a big of a deal as some of you are making it out to be.
um, it is his heart, he had to get zapped in order for it to calm down, that is not minor. sure medicine is better than the days of dr bracket in emergency but this is not a throwaway thing.
you guys are over reacting big time
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

yes, our coach had a problem with his heart beat,, he had to get zapped in order to get it right. not exactly a minor thing.

yes, our coach had a problem with his heart beat,, he had to get zapped in order to get it right. not exactly a minor thing.

As I mentioned, I am going to be a physician in about 6 months. I also plan to apply for a fellowship to become a cardiologist. I can tell you Jim's condition is very benign.

you should do some reading on the procedure he had done
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you should do some reading on the procedure he had done
when you have a irregular heart beat, that is not minor,, the procedure may be but the original problem is not. from here on he will have to constantly monitor this. probably watch what he eats and he needs to stop tasting the blood of ahmed brooks

I needed a heart procedure after reading the title for this thread. After watching our team for the past 40 years I have the uncomfortable understanding that we are only one good HC away from a mediocre HC. Not all HC's are created equally and in league of parity coaching is really what sets the good teams from the bad ones.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Couldn't find anything printed, but did hear on ESPN this a.m. that Coach was taken to the hosptial with Lt chest pain. So not only could the blood (and oxygen) flow to the brain be compromised, but that sounds like blood flow to the heart muscle was compromised. It sounds like he had cardioversion( an electric shock sent to the heart specifically placed and timed) to cause the heart to revert to normal rhythm. If he was at the facility yesterday, it appears it was successful. It is a warning sign tho, in a very fit 49 yr old in a job where on the scale of 0-10 , the stress level is about, oh, 15. The only thing this does is make me wonder about the future. I am certain he was told to get rest and reduce stress...that is actually funny when told to one of the very best NFL coaches. Man I hope he can reduce stress and ease off, but that is in contradistinction to what he actually does. Ouch. Good news that he is doing well, bad news is that this happened.
Watching his intense facial expressions on the sidelines and how uptight he can be at press conferences confirm the need for JH to re-program himself to deal with stressful situations differently. I hope he gets it. He's a very smart man. Just means he will have to consider how much emotional juice he runs through his system when in his job situation which is most of his non-sleeping hours. Hope he gets it soon. Can't afford to lose him.
when you have a irregular heart beat, that is not minor,, the procedure may be but the original problem is not. from here on he will have to constantly monitor this. probably watch what he eats and he needs to stop tasting the blood of ahmed brooks

If u know anything about how the heart works you know that an irregular heart beat does not equal a death sentence. Peeps are blowing this way out of proportion.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows John Harbaugh suggests this wasn't his little brother's first issue with his ticker
Originally posted by susweel:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows John Harbaugh suggests this wasn't his little brother's first issue with his ticker

"He's feeling good," John Harbaugh said of his younger brother today. "He had a little procedure. He's had it before. I guess it's a little more advanced now [with] his heart rate and things like that. So, it should correct that. He's back at work today from what I understand."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-john-harbaugh-on-jim-harbaughs-heart-procedure-hes-feeling-good-hes-back-at-work-from-what-i-underst-20121116,0,6877242.story

Now im concerned, I thought this was his first time
Share 49ersWebzone