LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Harbaugh having heart procedure

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by diablo:
No cutting. They put a pad on your chest and charge up a machine that is about the size of a computer. It times the shock with your EKG and you get a hell of a kick in the chest and most of the time your heart is beating normally. It takes literally a few seconds.

Thanks for the info.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I can weigh in with the perspective of a 4th year medical student.

Jim most likely had atrial fibrillation which non life threatning arrhythmia. The minor procedure was a DC cardioversion. Jim will be ok.

So still don't know did the surgery involve cutting him open at all?

Edit: nevermind, I see GBninerfan answered it and said they just shock you. No cutting involved.

No cutting. They put a pad on your chest and charge up a machine that is about the size of a computer. It times the shock with your EKG and you get a hell of a kick in the chest and most of the time your heart is beating normally. It takes literally a few seconds.

Hell of a kick is right! Sedated or not, I'll never forget it!! lol
Harbaugh and Jesse Sapolu should meet.
Left his heart in SF?
They found the problem with Harbaugh's heart...

Will leave it in there until year's end. When they officially present the trophy to the public.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 16, 2012 at 7:28 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ace49ers:
coach probably was wearing his khaki pants and black 9ers jersey at the procedure. lol.

Is that a dip in his back pocket?

No he's just happy to see you.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i know a high school girls bb coach who has to wear a device that helps keep her heart in the proper rythm, wonder if he will get hooked up to one of those things. it tells her when s**t is not right and she has to wear it when coaching

pacemaker?
even carroll tweeting about harbaugh heart procedure

Sending out best wishes to Jim Harbaugh for a quick recovery... Get well soon, we gotta alotta ball games left!

@PeteCarroll
lol qnnhan
Originally posted by battletowin:

Sending out best wishes to Jim Harbaugh for a quick recovery... Get well soon, we gotta alotta ball games left!

@PeteCarroll

Still hate him.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

@PeteCarroll

Still hate him.

this
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
LOL only Harbaugh would head out to practice after a heart procedure

you could not kill him even by driving a stake through his heart
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
R.I.P Harbaugh

dude there really is something wrong with you. I just thought you were immature and biased...but no, you have some problems imo. How old are you Valrod? Maybe that will help me understand you more.

personal attack
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ace49ers:
coach probably was wearing his khaki pants and black 9ers jersey at the procedure. lol.

Is that a dip in his back pocket?
its a condom
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

@PeteCarroll

Still hate him.

this

Pete Carroll can suck it!
Share 49ersWebzone